Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+9
kerrick
rockerVu2
Normaniac
Hardkore
alldatndensum
topshot rhit
Fundy
Staybrite
MikeInFla
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2018-04-12

What are you watching? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 9:47 am

On a Pluto TV Perry Mason kick.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23556
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 10:05 am

Normaniac wrote:
Speaking of Rollerball...my DVD arrived a few days ago.  😷

Which one?  The original from 1975, or the early 2000's remake?

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2567
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2022 3:29 pm

Reacher- the Amazon series based on the character played by Tom Cruise in the movie Jack Reacher.

I haven’t seen the movie yet so can’t compare the two. Just found out the character is from a book/novel series by Lee Child.

This is really good. He is like a detective with military intelligence and training but not tied down to an agency.

I’m only on episode 3 and enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2022 8:02 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Reacher- the Amazon series based on the character played by Tom Cruise in the movie Jack Reacher.

I haven’t seen the movie yet so can’t compare the two. Just found out the character is from a book/novel series by Lee Child.

This is really good. He is like a detective with military intelligence and training but not tied down to an agency.

I’m only on episode 3 and enjoying it.

I totally forgot about that series, I need to start it tonight.
I've read/listened to probably close to a dozen of those Jack Reacher novels from Child. 
The character is one of those super dudes that all the guys want to be like and all the women want to be with (yes, that silly old stereotype).
He is a big guy (over 6ft, 200+ pounds) and a prior Military Police Major.  He's a smart investigator and a really good fighter.  He usually has at least one fight in each novel where he is paired up against two or three guys at the same time.  Instead of being some major karate Chuck Norris kind of guy he fights dirty and usually maims the first guy with a broken knee cap or something like that to put him out of the fight.

The movies are alright, but they used that shrimpy Tom Cruise to play him.  So the films came off as an odd version of the Mission Impossible films with Ethan Hunt being called Jack Reacher instead.  Given that Reacher's size plays an important role in most of the stories it seemed like a really bad move to cast Cruise in that role.  I wouldn't call myself an uber-fan but I'm looking forward to see if the character plays truer to the novels in the series.

Number of posts : 3880
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 11:28 am

Staybrite wrote:
The movies are alright, but they used that shrimpy Tom Cruise to play him.  So the films came off as an odd version of the Mission Impossible films with Ethan Hunt being called Jack Reacher instead.  Given that Reacher's size plays an important role in most of the stories it seemed like a really bad move to cast Cruise in that role.

That's actually a pretty good analogy. geek I've never read the books so didn't know Cruise didn't fit the role well.

We just finished Seasons 5 of The Mentalist and Elementary.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 12:21 pm

Reacher Episode 1, overall much better than the movies.  I like that they indicated which novels the series appears to based on (not sure if it is a good or bad thing that it is one I've read/listened to).
Much more faithful to the novels, however there is an underlying current of comedy in some of it that isn't apparent in the novels.  Not at all a bad thing IMO.  Looking forward to seeing more.

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 12:23 pm

topshot rhit wrote:

After a year of trying to convince my wife to get past episode 3 of season 2 of Elementary (and having her suggest just about anything else instead) I've decided that I'm just going to watch the rest of it without her.  Laughing

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23573

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 10:20 pm

Nothing as the flipping internet is not working for me!  If I didn't have a phone, I would be back to the dark ages here.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2022 3:06 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Nothing as the flipping internet is not working for me!  If I didn't have a phone, I would be back to the dark ages here.

Oh man, serious bummer!  I wouldn't be able to go long without the internet mostly because I can't do my job without it.

alldatndensum and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 11:53 am

I watched the final episode of The Expanse this morning on my phone.  Watching a big budget sci-fi show on that small of a screen as my phone just looses something in translation.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5365
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 12:34 pm

Once Upon A Time (on Disney+)

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 5:37 pm

Fundy wrote:
Once Upon A Time (on Disney+)

My wife and I watched the first 3 (or maybe 4) seasons of that.  Interesting show.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 7:15 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Reacher Episode 1, overall much better than the movies.  I like that they indicated which novels the series appears to based on (not sure if it is a good or bad thing that it is one I've read/listened to).
Much more faithful to the novels, however there is an underlying current of comedy in some of it that isn't apparent in the novels.  Not at all a bad thing IMO.  Looking forward to seeing more.
Just finished the season finale. Wow! That was intense. For a while I had a feeling about one of the guys and I was right. 

Can’t wait to see season 2.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 8:34 pm

Staybrite wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:

After a year of trying to convince my wife to get past episode 3 of season 2 of Elementary (and having her suggest just about anything else instead) I've decided that I'm just going to watch the rest of it without her.  Laughing

Why did she have a problem with that episode? We love the series. Very clever take on Sherlock.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 8:51 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:

Why did she have a problem with that episode? We love the series. Very clever take on Sherlock.

She didn't have a problem with that episode, it was always that she just wanted to watch anything else more than Sherlock.  Like she would sit through an episode without complaining.....but she would rather be watching just about anything else.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 8:53 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Just finished the season finale. Wow! That was intense. For a while I had a feeling about one of the guys and I was right. 

You got through it way faster than me.  But I'm one of those weirdos that will only watch one episode a night (and then sometimes not every night depending on what I have going on).  I've seen episode two and it seems to be following the book "Killing Floor" pretty close, so I probably won't be super surprised at the ending...but the journey looks to be fun.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2022 2:55 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

You got through it way faster than me.  But I'm one of those weirdos that will only watch one episode a night (and then sometimes not every night depending on what I have going on).  I've seen episode two and it seems to be following the book "Killing Floor" pretty close, so I probably won't be super surprised at the ending...but the journey looks to be fun.
Yeah, I read where it is based on “Killing Floor”. I did watch two episodes one day and three another day.

I may go ahead and rent the movie. According to wiki it is based on the ninth book “One Shot” while the sequel is of the 18th book “Never Go Back”.

The author decided to end the movie series and go to a tv series recasting the title character to match the books. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Reacher_(film)

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2022 9:54 pm

Staybrite wrote:
She didn't have a problem with that episode, it was always that she just wanted to watch anything else more than Sherlock.

Weird Suspect

Death on the Nile

Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 8:00 am

Been watching some of the Tom Selleck Jesse Stone movies.

Stone Cold
Night Passage
Death in Paradise
Sea Change

Still a few more to It.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 8:35 am

Smallville, season two.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3539
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 1:03 pm

I watched Uncharted yesterday with a friend. We had both played the video games it was based on. It's super cheesy and totally unrealistic but I thought it was a lot of fun.

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 1:30 pm

I pretty much felt the same way of the Tomb Raider movies. I had played all of the games so was fairly curious how the movie would be.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 10:41 pm

Uncharted

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 2:38 pm

Free Guy (not too bad)

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2022 6:41 pm

I finally finished off season 4 of Cobra Kai.

While I have enjoyed this show, I am ready for the kids AND adults to finally learn that their constant brawling isn't the answer and grow up.  I hope that season 5 will end this once and for all.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next