Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+9
kerrick
rockerVu2
Normaniac
Hardkore
alldatndensum
topshot rhit
Fundy
Staybrite
MikeInFla
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3543
Registration date : 2013-07-17

What are you watching? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 11:30 am

Staybrite wrote:
Train to Busan (2016)
Very well done Zombie flick from South Korea.

That was a good'un! They've got a sequel in the works (or maybe it's already out, I'm not sure.) You might also like The Host.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468492/

I think the best Korean horror flick I've seen is The Wailing, though I recommend it cautiously because it's quite dark and intense but very, very well done.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5215952/
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23598
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 2:44 pm

kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Train to Busan (2016)
Very well done Zombie flick from South Korea.

That was a good'un!  They've got a sequel in the works (or maybe it's already out, I'm not sure.)  You might also like The Host.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468492/

I think the best Korean horror flick I've seen is The Wailing, though I recommend it cautiously because it's quite dark and intense but very, very well done.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5215952/

I'm actually not a huge fan of most traditional "horror films"  but I have found myself to enjoy quite a few zombie and even some monster movies.  So The Host certainly looks like something I might enjoy.  In addition to Train to Busan I've also watched #Alive (2020) and found it a fantastic S. Korean zombie flick, not a lot of dialog so the foreign language thing didn't really matter at all.  I will have to check out some trailers for The Wailing (if a film is too spooky I sometimes get bad dreams).

I would certainly be up for checking out a sequel to Train to Busan.  Thanks for the recommendations.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 3:00 pm

Right on. IIRC, The Host is pretty mild in terms of violence or anything. But it's a very well done movie; I think you'll like it!

The Wailing is pretty gnarly however - but more psychologically than gore. It starts out almost comedic but as it progresses, it gets darker and more intense. It really sticks in your head too and makes you think.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23602
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 6:41 pm

We finally finished Loki.  That was disappointing.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1470
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 6:50 am

Night of the Creeps. One scene has "Stryper Rules" scrawled on a bathroom wall!!

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3136
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 8:04 am

Night Of The Creeps?  Is that the one where there are zombies and they listen to a radio in an arcade or mall? I've seen it many times but it slips my memory. I think it was on HBO back in the 80's all the time.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 11:05 am

Normaniac wrote:
Night of the Creeps.  One scene has "Stryper Rules" scrawled on a bathroom wall!!

That's a fun one. Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 3:15 pm

The Host 2006....based on Kerrick's recommendation.

What a fun S. Korean monster flick!  The acting was believable (and even kind of goofy and over the top at times).  And the monster was great!  I love that they didn't keep it hidden in the shadows for 80% of the movie.  I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 3:29 pm

Oh nice, I'm glad you liked it!

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5568
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2021 5:10 pm

Here it is!

What are you watching? - Page 8 Night_10

Staybrite, MikeInFla and kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16616
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2021 1:14 pm

Downton Abbey the first serie on Netflix.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 2:21 pm

Secondhand Lions

Xid likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3884

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 9:41 pm

Maiden (excellent documentary on first all-female around the world sailing team)
Nomadland

Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 6:15 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Night of the Creeps.  One scene has "Stryper Rules" scrawled on a bathroom wall!!

Word is that Michael Sweets wife worked on the set of the movie and scrawled that herself.

According to director Fred Dekker the prominent "Stryper Rules" graffiti visible in the bathroom scene appeared due to makeup artist Kyle Sweet's relationship with future husband, Stryper frontman Michael Sweet.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0091630/trivia

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2021 8:24 pm

Cruella

Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2021 4:39 am

Yesterday, Doctor Sleep.

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2021 5:38 am

Normaniac wrote:
Yesterday,  Doctor Sleep.  
As a big fan of The Shining I need to see this! Maybe soon.

Netflix is always hit or miss. Most are miss. Some of the things they make are fantastic while other films are probably the worst movies I have ever seen.

Hypnotic - terrible! Basically a doctor uses hypnosis to make women do what he wants. He calls them on the phone as "unknown caller" and tells them what to do. Lame! I mean who in their right mind answers a call from "unknown caller"?? If I were in this movie it would be about 5 minutes long because I ignore those types of calls.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2021 7:44 am

Mike, the plot from that movie reminds me of Dean Koontz's novel False Memory.  Except DK rules, and it sounds like this movie sucked!!

Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2021 10:50 am

topshot rhit wrote:
Cruella

I want to see that one.  Hopefully it was entertaining.

Last night the wife and I watched "I Care A Lot" on Netflix.  I don't really recommend it.  I mean it was entertaining and not completely predictable (assuming you ignore reality).  My main problem was that I couldn't empathize or relate to any of the main characters.  I was basically hoping everyone would end up in jail (or dead) in the end.

Xid

Number of posts : 5568
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2021 5:10 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Mike, the plot from that movie reminds me of Dean Koontz's novel False Memory.  Except DK rules, and it sounds like this movie sucked!!

Sounds like the plot to Operation: Mindcrime.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 7:54 am

Another dumb one on Netflix: No One Gets Out Alive. Stupid and makes no sense at all. I'd you watch the trailer that's all you need to see but nothing is explained in the movie itself. 
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 9:20 am

Staybrite wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:
Cruella

I want to see that one.  Hopefully it was entertaining.

Thoroughly. Both Emmas did a great job.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 3:05 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Another dumb one on Netflix: No One Gets Out Alive. Stupid and makes no sense at all. I'd you watch the trailer that's all you need to see but nothing is explained in the movie itself. 

Oh man, that looks far too creepy for me to try and watch.  On a side note they waaayyy over used that low gurggly type of sound in this trailer.  I hope it wasn't peppered constantly throughout the movie.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23602

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 7:01 am

We just finished off the Hulu first season of "Only Murders In The Building".  Except for the f-bombs that now run rampant in streaming shows, it was quite fun.  Steve Martin and Martin Short are always good together, and adding Selena Gomez to the mix was an interesting mix to this trio.  But, this creative team has found a way to bring back the "whodunit" and put a fresh spin on it.  I hope the second season which is starting filming very soon can recreate the magic.  I just wish they'd drop the f-bombs even if that is typical for a lot of people, not just New Yorkers.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 1:54 pm

Stowaway (scifi drama on Netflix, 2021)... meh.  It was alright, a bit slow in places but decent enough.

Finch (2021) post-apocalyptic character study.  Not bad.  I think it was supposed to be an optimistic movie, but I found it quite depressing (but still entertaining).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next