Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+9
kerrick
rockerVu2
Normaniac
Hardkore
alldatndensum
topshot rhit
Fundy
Staybrite
MikeInFla
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2018-04-12

What are you watching? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2021 9:20 pm

Xid wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:
Soylent Green. We're not quite as bad yet as the movie projected 2022 would be like, but it was funny seeing so many wearing masks because of the air pollution.

I'm sure the Biden Administration has a fleet of front-loader dump trucks ready to roll.
"Here's the deal, you know,  the thing...Soylent Green, Corn Pop was a proponent of that stuff, fat, until I took him behind the bleachers."

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3880
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 8:23 am

No Time To Die

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23556
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 10:04 am

Black Widow

If it hadn't been for Florence Pugh's character (Yelena) I think the movie would have been pretty much unwatchable.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 4:05 pm

Huh. I thought it was an enjoyable action flick, and the super hero series are not my preferred forte.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 8:38 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Huh. I thought it was an enjoyable action flick, and the super hero series are not my preferred forte.

Oh yes, tons of well performed/written action....but I thought it was rather weak on character development (I know, stupid thing to expect in an Marvel movie....but that's probably why I'm not a massive fan of the genre).

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 9:15 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Oh yes, tons of well performed/written action....but I thought it was rather weak on character development (I know, stupid thing to expect in an Marvel movie....but that's probably why I'm not a massive fan of the genre).

Suspect  Uh, hello? McFly? What a Face

The 7 Churches of Revelation - it turns out this covered just the first 3 and there will be 2 other documentaries done for the remaining 4 it seems.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2567
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 3:30 am

No time to die
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 9:30 am

Hardkore wrote:
No time to die

Is that supposed to be the last Bond flick with Daniel Craig?

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 11:38 am

Staybrite wrote:
Is that supposed to be the last Bond flick with Daniel Craig?

That's what I read.

Spoiler alert:

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 5:47 pm

Yep, it is Craig’s final appearance as James Bond.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2021 9:17 am

Just came across something called Stargate Origins: Catherine. I saw the first part of it while on lunch break but so far pretty good. It starts with the beginning of Stargate where they are pulling up the Stargate and then jumps forward 10 years.

Going to finish it after I get off today.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16595
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2021 7:54 am

Downton Abbey

topshot rhit likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23573

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2021 7:58 pm

Halloween Kills

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3539
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2021 11:17 am

^What'd you think of it? Did you watch its prequel as well? I haven't seen either but am curious.

And speaking of slasher flicks, the trailer for the upcoming Scream 5 movie is out and it looks entertaining! I am skeptical but hopeful about this one since Wes Craven didn't direct it nor Kevin Williamson write the script...

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2021 9:21 pm

Shang-Chi

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5557
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2021 11:53 pm

kerrick wrote:
^What'd you think of it?  Did you watch its prequel as well?  I haven't seen either but am curious.

And speaking of slasher flicks, the trailer for the upcoming Scream 5 movie is out and it looks entertaining!  I am skeptical but hopeful about this one since Wes Craven didn't direct it nor Kevin Williamson write the script...
Scream 5?

They should have named them Scream, Scream Again, Scream Some More, Still Screaming and now Scream, Scream, Scream, Scream, Scream.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23573

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2021 1:01 pm

kerrick wrote:
^What'd you think of it?  Did you watch its prequel as well?  I haven't seen either but am curious.

And speaking of slasher flicks, the trailer for the upcoming Scream 5 movie is out and it looks entertaining!  I am skeptical but hopeful about this one since Wes Craven didn't direct it nor Kevin Williamson write the script...

They are intertaining, but they aren't scary at all.  You know how and where Michael is going to pop up and do his thing.  They are predictable.

The new movies do add to the character development of Michael, though.  They are ignoring anything past the first two and do not count them as official sequels.  In the previous film, Michael was apprehended at the end of Halloween II and has been in a psycho hospital for all these years.  His new doctor wants to see if he's been cured and exposed him to his old mask.  We see that all the residents are scared of Michael and we soon learn why.  He has merely been stewing for all those years and waiting for a reason to go after Laurie Stroud again.  The mask is all it takes.  He returns to go after his sister who has lived her life in preparation of the day Michael would return.  The body count is high as they lock horns as he tries to kill her and she tries to kill him.

The new one picks up where the last one left off.  Now, the townspeople are angry because of Michael coming back and going on a killing spree.  They decide to go after him.  By the end of the movie, Michael is ticked off and totally unhinged making him even more deadly and violent.

The new one adds a little mythos to the character as well without me divulging too much info.

The third movie in this series will come out next year called "Halloween Ends".  John Carpenter has said that this will completely end the Halloween saga and Michael will be retired from the big screen.  He said that there will be no more story to tell after this.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2021 11:20 pm

Dune
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2021 12:19 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Dune

What's your take vs the book(s)? Similar to LOTR?

Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2021 1:29 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Dune

I never read the book , or LOTR. I would only be able to do a comparison to the 1984 movie.

That said, this one got rid of all the extra disposition dialog at the beginning. There was some that was not in the ‘84 version that I can only guess was from the book. The movie flowed better too. 

There will be sequels. At the beginning when they put the title up it didn’t say Dune, it said Dune :part 1.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2021 4:40 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Dune

Hardkore wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Dune

I never read the book , or LOTR. I would only be able to do a comparison to the 1984 movie.

That said, this one got rid of all the extra disposition dialog at the beginning. There was some that was not in the ‘84 version that I can only guess was from the book. The movie flowed better too. 

There will be sequels. At the beginning when they put the title up it didn’t say Dune, it said Dune :part 1.

I read all the Dune Books that Frank Herbert wrote (but non of his son's books).  I remember liking the visual aspects of the Lynch's '84 movie, but disliked pretty much every thing else about it (except for the how the Harkonnen's were portrayed).  I found the voice-over use for the character's for inner monologue as tediously annoying.  Not even sure I can bring myself to watch the new version.  I wasn't fanatical about the book series (read them once decades ago), but the written story came off much better than that first movie.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2021 4:42 pm

Train to Busan (2016)
Very well done Zombie flick from South Korea.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2021 7:54 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I read all the Dune Books that Frank Herbert wrote (but non of his son's books).

I also read the Dune series in high school, and didn't think the 1984 version was that great. I will give the new one a chance. At least I think Hardkore was meaning the NEW movie flowed better, and it has a much better audience score on RT.

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2021 8:52 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
I read all the Dune Books that Frank Herbert wrote (but non of his son's books).

At least I think Hardkore was meaning the NEW movie flowed better, 
Yes, that is what I was saying.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2021 8:56 pm

Hardkore wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Dune

Realized I could have worded it a little better.

There were some extra scenes in the new movie that was not in the ‘84 version that likely came from the book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next