Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+9
kerrick
rockerVu2
Normaniac
Hardkore
alldatndensum
topshot rhit
Fundy
Staybrite
MikeInFla
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

What are you watching? - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2022 4:54 pm

Death In Paradise.

Set in Saint-Marie, it's a tiny island where people keep getting murdered!  90 episodes means 90 deaths (at least!)
Lovely location, but I think I won't move there!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2022 2:58 pm

Fundy wrote:
Death In Paradise.

Set in Saint-Marie, it's a tiny island where people keep getting murdered!  90 episodes means 90 deaths (at least!)
Lovely location, but I think I won't move there!

Laughing You are too funny.

I just looked it up and there are 11 seasons of this show (and only 90 episodes?).  Is it a BBC production?  I have always wondered why British Television series have so few episodes.  I have most of the Red Dwarf seasons on DVD/Blu-ray and they are like 6 episodes a season (typically).  Most U.S. television series seem to have around 18-22 episodes a season.  Series on streaming sites seems to have less episodes per season, but most of the ones created/filmed in the U.S. and Canada typically seem to have at least 10 episodes.  So why so few episodes in British Series?  Does it have something to do with television in Great Britain being publicly funded (mostly through television licenses)?  I know that the vast majority of U.S. television is privately funded.

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2022 3:19 pm

Not really sure.  I know that it's usual (or at least it used to be) to have about 6 - 8 episodes a season in the UK.  It could be (as some have suggested) that generally only a couple of people write a series, so to write 20 episodes is a bit of an ask.  Another reason could be to do with the school terms.  Schools generally are open for 6 weeks, then shut for a holiday (half term x 3, christmas, summer and easter).  I've grown up thinking 6 is the right number, so when I started watching american series I was a bit like "WOW, this is more like it".

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2022 4:32 pm

Starting Terminal List

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2022 6:05 pm

Fundy wrote:
Not really sure.  I know that it's usual (or at least it used to be) to have about 6 - 8 episodes a season in the UK.  It could be (as some have suggested) that generally only a couple of people write a series, so to write 20 episodes is a bit of an ask.  Another reason could be to do with the school terms.  Schools generally are open for 6 weeks, then shut for a holiday (half term x 3, christmas, summer and easter).  I've grown up thinking 6 is the right number, so when I started watching american series I was a bit like "WOW, this is more like it".

Both of those reasons make sense.  Shows like the Simpsons (and many other popular U.S. series) could have 6 or more writers at any time.  I know with Red Dwarf it was just Grant and Naylor in the beginning.  But I'm almost certain for the last several seasons it has only been Doug Naylor.  Twenty episodes seems like it would be a ton of writing in one year for a single person.
Also here in the U.S. kids are out of school for almost 3 months in the summer and only a week for Christmas (and not at all for Easter).  So that makes a little more sense.  Advertising dollars drive television profits in the states, so getting more new episodes on a year means more advertising slots for a show/station to sell and keep the money rolling in. (no license fees for televisions in U.S. homes...so all the money is made from advertiser's commercials).

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2022 6:07 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Starting Terminal List

I really want to watch that one.  I just finished "Station 11" on HBO last night, so I'm hoping to get started on Terminal List tonight.

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2022 3:25 am

Staybrite wrote:
Fundy wrote:

Both of those reasons make sense.  Shows like the Simpsons (and many other popular U.S. series) could have 6 or more writers at any time.  I know with Red Dwarf it was just Grant and Naylor in the beginning.  But I'm almost certain for the last several seasons it has only been Doug Naylor.  Twenty episodes seems like it would be a ton of writing in one year for a single person.
Also here in the U.S. kids are out of school for almost 3 months in the summer and only a week for Christmas (and not at all for Easter).  So that makes a little more sense.  Advertising dollars drive television profits in the states, so getting more new episodes on a year means more advertising slots for a show/station to sell and keep the money rolling in. (no license fees for televisions in U.S. homes...so all the money is made from advertiser's commercials).
I didn't realise schools were closed for almost 3 months in summer.  My kids would love that!!!

In the UK, it goes something like this...

1 week mid February  (First half term)
2 weeks sometime from late March to late April (Easter Break)
1 week end of May (Second half term)
6 weeks from end of July to start of Sept (summer break)
1 week end of October (Third half term)
2 weeks at Christmas (usually about 20th Dec to 3rd Jan, but all depends on weekends)

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2022 5:10 pm

Most kids in the U.S. get a long summer break, but not as much during the rest of the year (except around Christmas).  There is a minimum number of days required by the U.S. government for the year.

This is what it looks like in the U.S. (or typically has, some schools are starting to look at shorter summer breaks and adding a late winter/early spring break).

1. January, one Monday off for Martin Luther King Jr. day.
2. February, one Monday off for George Washington's birthday (Britain really should have given him a commission in her military back in the day... LOL)
3. Spring Break, typically one week in March or April.
4. Memorial Day, one day (the last Monday in May).
5. Summer Vacation typically 10 to 11 weeks (late May to August or early June to September, depending on the school)
6. Labor Day one day (first Monday in September).
7. Columbus Day, one day in October
8. Veterans Day, one day in November
9. Thanksgiving, two days (the 4th Thursday & Friday in November).
10. Winter/Christmas break, usually one to two weeks around Christmas and New Years day.

I think the schools that have two weeks for Christmas break probably only have 10 weeks off in the summer (because of the minimum number of days requirement).

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2022 7:06 am

Some states have now moved to year-round school with longer breaks between terms. Thankfully, we aren't one of them.

Back to the topic, I watched Jurassic Park and the first 3 episodes of Bewitched, which I don't think I ever saw in the reruns I watched as a youth, on the plane.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2022 8:26 am

Staybrite wrote:
Most kids in the U.S. get a long summer break, but not as much during the rest of the year (except around Christmas).  There is a minimum number of days required by the U.S. government for the year.

This is what it looks like in the U.S. (or typically has, some schools are starting to look at shorter summer breaks and adding a late winter/early spring break).

1. January, one Monday off for Martin Luther King Jr. day.
2. February, one Monday off for George Washington's birthday (Britain really should have given him a commission in her military back in the day... LOL)
3. Spring Break, typically one week in March or April.
4. Memorial Day, one day (the last Monday in May).
5. Summer Vacation typically 10 to 11 weeks (late May to August or early June to September, depending on the school)
6. Labor Day one day (first Monday in September).
7. Columbus Day, one day in October
8. Veterans Day, one day in November
9. Thanksgiving, two days (the 4th Thursday & Friday in November).
10. Winter/Christmas break, usually one to two weeks around Christmas and New Years day.

I think the schools that have two weeks for Christmas break probably only have 10 weeks off in the summer (because of the minimum number of days requirement).

That almost looks like our calendar for the year.  We don't get Columbus or Veteran's day off, though.

We get Good Friday.  We have a spring break for a week in March.  Our Thanksgiving break is now a full week off.  We also have a fall break for a week in October.  This year, we will have two election days off (one for primaries and one for state/federal elections).

We are usually out of school before Memorial Day, so scratch that one.

Maybe our calendar isn't so similar.  LOL

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2022 3:15 pm

I watched the first episode of The Terminal List last night.  I wasn't super amazed by it (but I'm not a huge fan of military conflict kinda stuff).  I want to keep up with it though so the ratings are high... any thing to anger the radical left has to be good.  Laughing

Started another cool series on Fletnix called Myths & Monsters (2017).  It's a documentary series about mythologies (something I really dig), narrated by British stage and screen actor Nicholas Day and featuring a plethora of commentary from British professors and old artwork along with modern animations.  I dig it, looking forward to the next 5 episodes.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2022 7:50 am

I finished The Terminal List today.  I loved it!  The storytelling was great and you really feel sympathy for the main character throughout the series.  While there are some splatter scenes, it isn't a gory show either.  It is just a tale of one man's revenge against a system that used him for their puppet.  There were no sex scenes and no woke agenda to demonize white people, no agenda to push homosexuality or transgenderism, and no ultra liberal slant.  It was just the story of a soldier who learned that his government was the enemy and he took out the pieces that were personally responsible.

I won't say more.  But, I do look forward to reading the novel now.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2022 2:36 pm

I only have like 3 episodes (or maybe 4) left to go on The Terminal List.  The show kinda ticked me off at first because it seemed like the protagonist was going on a full vengeance spree without serious concrete evidence...more just instinct.  But now that the pieces are kind of falling into place I guess his reactions make more sense.  We will see when it's over if I have more sympathy for the protagonist.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2022 8:36 am

The Living Daylights

Staybrite and Hardkore like this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2022 8:46 pm

Person of Interest Season 2

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2022 11:36 am

Finished The Terminal List last night.  Not at all bad, but not typically the kind of show I like (odd given I really liked the Reacher series they just did).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2022 11:36 am

We finally finished Stranger Things season 4!  That was so much fun and different from previous seasons!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2022 12:35 pm

About half way through season 3 of The Umbrella Academy.  Have to say I'm not digging it as much as the last two seasons.  Kind of feeling like the show has just about run it's course.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2022 1:31 pm

Staybrite wrote:
About half way through season 3 of The Umbrella Academy.  Have to say I'm not digging it as much as the last two seasons.  Kind of feeling like the show has just about run it's course.

I kind of want to see it, but I really don't want to watch it with Ellen Page having been pushing the whole "trans" movement and even having her breasts removed to make herself look more manly.  She didn't do a full sex change, I really don't want to have to sit through something embracing that whole scene as though it is right.

I know that might seem petty, but that's the way I feel about it.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2022 6:17 am

Sleepless In Seattle.

Staybrite, MikeInFla and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2022 11:05 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I kind of want to see it, but I really don't want to watch it with Ellen Page having been pushing the whole "trans" movement and even having her breasts removed to make herself look more manly.  She didn't do a full sex change, I really don't want to have to sit through something embracing that whole scene as though it is right.

I know that might seem petty, but that's the way I feel about it.

Oh, I thought you had already seen it. I pretty much feel the same way, but I kind of wanted to see how they handled it (poorly IMO).  Also it seems all but impossible to watch much of anything nowadays that doesn't include some sort of LGBTQlmno  character arc (unless all you watch is Christian film content).
If they do another season I will likely skip it.  The current story line seems like a bit of the rehash of the first season with a small sun-like orb threatening to destroy the universe and even more weirdness added in for some reason.

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2022 8:29 am

Spy Hard 

Spy Hard opening theme

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2022 11:25 am

^Ha, I remember loving that flick as a kid. Weird Al's intro song was pretty epic too as I recall - "mind-blowing," really. Razz
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2022 3:11 pm

I watched a movie this weekend that was so amazingly fantastic that I can't remember anything about it.  geek (seriously, I know I watched a movie, but I can't remember what it was called or what it was about... it doesn't help that I started 2 other movies that were so boring I shut them off in less than 30 minutes).

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2022 7:26 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I watched a movie this weekend that was so amazingly fantastic that I can't remember anything about it.  geek (seriously, I know I watched a movie, but I can't remember what it was called or what it was about... it doesn't help that I started 2 other movies that were so boring I shut them off in less than 30 minutes).
Sounds like it really blew your mind.

Staybrite and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 23 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next