Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+9
kerrick
rockerVu2
Normaniac
Hardkore
alldatndensum
topshot rhit
Fundy
Staybrite
MikeInFla
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

What are you watching? Empty
PostSubject: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2021 7:59 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I finished season one of The Mandalorian.  I can't say that I love it.  I don't hate it, but I don't feel like it was all that great, either.  Eight episodes in and I can't say that I feel anything for the two main characters, either.

Does it get better in season two?

In my opinion it does but I like both seasons equally.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2021 9:56 am

Jupiter's Legacy on Netflix. So far about 3 episodes in. It's about an aging group of superheroes training the young heroes. 

Imagine Superman 90 years old training an upcoming group of young heroes. 

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2021 2:07 pm

4 episodes in to Jupiter and I'm not feeling it. The first episode was pretty cool. Instead of a series maybe they should've made it a movie.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2021 2:53 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
4 episodes in to Jupiter and I'm not feeling it. The first episode was pretty cool. Instead of a series maybe they should've made it a movie.

Oh man that's a bummer, I had it on my list to watch.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5318
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2021 4:12 pm

Gozilla Vs Kong.  Okay, so I'm not seeing it until next week, but I'm looking forward to it!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 6:13 am

Staybrite wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

Oh man that's a bummer, I had it on my list to watch.
It may get better but it's full of language and drug use. The main "hero" is pretty cool and just like Superman. But the kid heroes are 20-somethings that don't know what they want in life and the story tends to drift from one plot to the next. I'm still watching and will try to finish.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3872
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2021 8:34 pm

Resistance
Words and Pictures

MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2021 4:48 am

One episode left of Jupiter's Legacy. It's ok... They should've broke up the stories. The mix an origin story with flashbacks and then jump to the present. Would have been better to do one or two episodes as an origin story instead of jumping around. In the present the hero struggles to adjust to modern times and thinking. Will try to finish it up today.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2021 8:43 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
I finished season one of The Mandalorian.  I can't say that I love it.  I don't hate it, but I don't feel like it was all that great, either.  Eight episodes in and I can't say that I feel anything for the two main characters, either.

I will watch the second season by your recommendation.  I hope it grabs me.  After the new trilogy, Star Wars ifs feeling rather dead to me.  Abrams and Johnson definitely hurt the franchise.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 4:34 pm

Thunder Force (on Netflix), kinda funny... but it does "jump the shark" on a few occasions.  Certainly not the best work from Melissa M. or Octavia S. (although Melissa is still funny in it, I think she is one of the few truly funny women in Hollyweird).

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 6:34 am

alldatndensum wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I will watch the second season by your recommendation.  I hope it grabs me.  After the new trilogy, Star Wars ifs feeling rather dead to me.  Abrams and Johnson definitely hurt the franchise.
Obi Wan series coming soon. I'm looking forward to that one more than anything else in the last dozen years. Mando season 2 will have some nice surprises. When you watch the last episode of season 2 to be sure watch after the credits.

alldatndensum and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 6:36 am

Oh yeah... When watching season 1 of Mandalorian I kept thinking "What's Lando doing here?!? And why is he pretending to be someone else?!?". I asked my son about it and he laughed. He said "that's not Lando". I said "It sure is". Finally he said "that's Apollo Creed!". Doh!

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 4:39 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Oh yeah... When watching season 1 of Mandalorian I kept thinking "What's Lando doing here?!? And why is he pretending to be someone else?!?". I asked my son about it and he laughed. He said "that's not Lando". I said "It sure is". Finally he said "that's Apollo Creed!". Doh!

Oh man that sounds like the kind of mistake I would have made.  Of course for some reason it seems like Carl Weathers has done a little better job of keeping his youthful looks while Billy D Williams really looks older... however Carl is 73 compared to Billy's 84 (dang that's old for a working actor).

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 6:34 am

Wonder Woman 1984 (yawn)

Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2021 2:46 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Wonder Woman 1984 (yawn)
Agreed. It had some (a few) good moments but as a whole it really lacked.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2021 8:10 pm

Greenland

MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 4:41 am

Still watching Adam-12 daily and it is on the first season. I checked an episode blog and season 2 should start today. So far that awesome music I posted (last page I think) has shown up in 4 or 5 episodes. That "rock" music is so generic that I laugh every time it comes on. The last time it showed up Reed and Malloy were responding to a loud party. When they got there 95% of the people looked to be over 50 years old and seemed the kind of people who wouldn't be loud or even listen to rock music at the time. It was comical! But don't get me wrong it's a great show. Glad I found it as I remember nothing about it because it's been so long since I have seen it.

I remember a kid in elementary school had an Adam-12 lunch box.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 12:57 pm

V.I.P.s (1963).  Watch Burt Lancaster, Liz Taylor and Louis Jourdan over-act in the international drama that sees Liz Taylor try to leave her power mad husband for a French gigolo in this airport/hotel set film.  I find it kind of fun to watch older films occasionally (this one from 4 years before I was even born).  Man movies sure have changed a lot in 60 years.
The movie did feature a very young Maggie Smith in a somewhat minor (but endearing) role, many of you will remember her as Professor McGonagall from the Harry Potter films.  My wife said that Maggie reminded her (physically) of Joan Cusack (I think she might have something).

What are you watching? Maggie11  What are you watching? Joan_c10

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 10:16 pm

Neat: The Story of Bourbon (on Hulu).  Cool documentary about the history and production of bourbon.

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2021 9:54 am

The Color of Owls . Disturbing yet moving.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 12:13 pm

I have started season two of The Mandalorian.  While it is cool to see a lot of things from the Star Wars universe, there just isn't much to make me love the main two characters.  I hope that changes.  I want to be like so many other fans who think that The Mandalorian is just the most awesome piece of modern Star Wars material.  For the most part, it feels more like the "let's make a tv show to make more money because we can" situation.

I would far prefer for them to take the Timothy Zahn "Thrawn" novels and make a show based off those.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 12:04 pm

Mama mia, here we go again.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 8:14 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Mama mia, here we go again.

My wife really likes both of those movies.  I remember watching them both with her.  It was fun to see Cher and Andy Garcia sing Fernando together (one of my favorite Abba songs)

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 12:09 pm

I think it's a typical female movie.

Funny thing is, Mama Mia was shot on the Greek island of Skopelos. We have been on that island for a week.
It is a beautiful island with beautiful  beaches.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 1:28 pm

Green Book - just as good the second time around.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next