Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+9
kerrick
rockerVu2
Normaniac
Hardkore
alldatndensum
topshot rhit
Fundy
Staybrite
MikeInFla
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

What are you watching? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 5:36 pm

A Quiet Place 2

Not bad, not quite as much as the first but still certainly worth the watch.

The way it ends makes me say...sequel.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 10:18 am

Cruella at the theater the other night.

At home, I am working still working through The Mandalorian, Clone Wars, and my wife and I have started Ginny & Georgia.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 3:13 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Green Book - just as good the second time around.

I agree, fantastic movie.  Well written, and well acted by both Mortensen and Ali.

Hardkore wrote:
A Quiet Place 2

I still haven't seen the first one.  I like suspense, but I'm not big on horror.  The first one looked like it might lean a little too closer to the Horror genre for me.  Still I dig quite a bit of what I've seen Emily Blunt in so I might give them a shot.

alldatndensum wrote:
Cruella at the theater the other night.

At home, I am working still working through The Mandalorian, Clone Wars, and my wife and I have started Ginny & Georgia.

I really want to see Cruella, but I have a small crush on Emma Stone (even though she is my daughter's age), I just think she is cute as a button.

alldatndensum and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 6:24 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
A Quiet Place 2

I still haven't seen the first one.  I like suspense, but I'm not big on horror.  The first one looked like it might lean a little too closer to the Horror genre for me.  Still I dig quite a bit of what I've seen Emily Blunt in so I might give them a shot.
I would say the first is more suspense. I’m not big on horror either and I really enjoy these movies.

Just a little heads up, while they are trying to be real quiet, they are communicating via sign language. What they saying to each other is on the screen via subtitles. I know some people don’t like having to read subtitles and it can be a make or break situation for some.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2021 3:57 pm

Thinks Hardkore.  Sounds like I might enjoy the first one.  I'll have to give it a try.

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 12:58 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Thinks Hardkore.  Sounds like I might enjoy the first one.  I'll have to give it a try.

FWIW, I enjoyed the first one while I was watching it... but then afterwards started to think about it and realized just how silly of a movie it is.  There are SO MANY plot holes, inconsistencies, and illogical decisions that really detracted from the otherwise well-done flick.  It felt to me like someone took a high-concept short-story and elongated it into a feature-length movie without really thinking it through much.  My only other gripe is - without spoiling it - that they just had to end it with this super-cliche girl-power/feminist final shot that I saw coming a mile away and made me roll my eyes.  So if you can shut your brain off at the door and not mind a little Hollywood feminism, it's a relatively enjoyable movie.  But for me, after watching the first one, I really have no desire to see the sequel.

In other news, both the kids went to bed earlier than usual the other night so the wife and I watched a movie for the first time in months!  I had heard good things about the 1990's suspense flick Breakdown with Kurt Russell and it was free to watch on youtube.  It's a good movie and I'd recommend!  Lots of bad language and some violence, but otherwise clean.  I don't recommend watching any trailers due to some minor spoilers, but the plot is that while out on a roadtrip through the desert, Kurt Russell and his wife get separated and then she disappears.  Mystery, suspense, and action ensue as he tries to find her before it's too late.  It gets somewhat predictable towards the end, but it's a well-done movie for what it is.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 2:24 pm

kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

FWIW, I enjoyed the first one while I was watching it... but then afterwards started to think about it and realized just how silly of a movie it is.  There are SO MANY plot holes, inconsistencies, and illogical decisions that really detracted from the otherwise well-done flick.  It felt to me like someone took a high-concept short-story and elongated it into a feature-length movie without really thinking it through much.  My only other gripe is - without spoiling it - that they just had to end it with this super-cliche girl-power/feminist final shot that I saw coming a mile away and made me roll my eyes.  So if you can shut your brain off at the door and not mind a little Hollywood feminism, it's a relatively enjoyable movie.  But for me, after watching the first one, I really have no desire to see the sequel.

Oh man I do the same thing sometimes.  I try not to though.  Sometimes it's poor writing, sometimes it's weak plot devices to move the story along....but I think a lot of times it might just be the film studio forcing the writer/director to change stuff to help "ensure a successful movie".
Long story short, never let plot holes or inconsistencies ruin the fun of a movie (much easier said than done).
Woke agenda shoe-horned into a film is another issue altogether.  That garbage annoys me more than just about anything else.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 5:33 pm

Ok, just enjoying some escapism/turn your brain off at the door with Godzilla vs Kong.

Godzilla movies have been fairly silly thru the years. Some have been somewhat serious while being fun. I grew up watching the movies over the years. I think that has helped me with appreciating the silly and fun while not being too serious.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 9:01 pm

Avatar on the plane ride home from St. Croix.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 11:49 am

Voyagers

I rented it at Redbox.  It was cheaper than watching it through Amazon.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 5:49 pm

Attraction

It’s a Russian Sci-fi Drama. Found it on Prime Video. Partly it a fish out of water type of movie.

Next up…Attraction 2
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 9:08 pm

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)

MikeInFla, kerrick and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 11:09 am

^That's a good'un!  I haven't seen it in years but remember thinking it was very well done.

The 1970's remake is also great.  I re-watched it a couple years ago and forgot just how good it is.  I never saw any of the subsequent remakes though.  (Goodness, how many times do they need to remake that story?!?  I'm aware of at least four versions.)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 11:21 am

I just finished up Wandavision.  Man, that was great!  There was plenty of big budget special effects, action, character building, and even MCU building.  The story, once everything was revealed, was top notch and you really feel something for the character of Wanda now instead of feeling like she is an underused character in the larger Avengers story.  This deserved to be a movie, but it works better in the 9 episodes because they could really tell the story with more depth.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 10:19 am

kerrick wrote:
^That's a good'un!  I haven't seen it in years but remember thinking it was very well done.

The 1970's remake is also great.  I re-watched it a couple years ago and forgot just how good it is.  I never saw any of the subsequent remakes though.  (Goodness, how many times do they need to remake that story?!?  I'm aware of at least four versions.)

Really? I had only seen the 1978 version decades ago until now. For some reason, Netflix has chosen not to replace lost/damaged discs of that version so it will be a while if ever that I get to watch it again.

Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 3:39 pm

I can’t remember anything about the ‘56 version. I have the ‘70s movie on Blu and really enjoyed it.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 3:44 pm

The Sound of Music

I came across a bit of info some time back. This was based on a true story. Eventually after they left Austria they settled in Vermont.

Another cool bit is that the real Maria Von Trapp made a cameo in the movie.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_von_Trapp

Maria von Trapp made a cameo appearance in the movie version of The Sound of Music (1965). For an instant, she, her daughter Rosmarie, and Werner's daughter Barbara can be seen walking past an archway during the song, "I Have Confidence", at the line, "I must stop these doubts, all these worries / If I don't, I just know I'll turn back."[23]

Staybrite and rockerVu2 like this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 7:37 pm

News of the World

MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2021 2:28 pm

UHF with Weird Al on Amazon Prime. Free movie I haven't seen this since I saw it in the theater!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 10:36 am

I finished all of Wandavision on Disney+ and have now started Falcon & Winter Soldier.  I am liking the Marvel shows even though the pacing is slower.  For TV, that works as you can take more time to build characters.

On Netflix, we finished Ginny & Georgia and L.A.'s Finest.

MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 3:43 pm

Loki

Episode 1 was okay.
Episode 2 was okay.
I've heard episode 3 is awful...

So I've ditched the series and an presently watching Thor Ragnorak (in three sittings!)

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 6:16 pm

About Time

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 8:55 pm

Fundy wrote:
Loki

Episode 1 was okay.
Episode 2 was okay.
I've heard episode 3 is awful...

So I've ditched the series and an presently watching Thor Ragnorak (in three sittings!)

The first couple of episodes of Wandavision were that way.  But, in the greater arc of the story, they all came together for a good show.  Maybe....just maybe....the rest of the series is power packed and they needed these first couple of episodes to set up what they really want you to see.  Of course, the whole thing could be crappy, too.

Did that help?   lol!

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 6:05 am

I might just watch UHF again. So stupid and funny it's good. 

Michael Richards before his Kramer days.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 6:24 am

The Chosen. Moves me to tears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 2 of 44Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 44  Next