Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+9
kerrick
rockerVu2
Normaniac
Hardkore
alldatndensum
topshot rhit
Fundy
Staybrite
MikeInFla
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

What are you watching? - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 6:46 am

Love Actually.

I think you can watch this movie even it's not Christmas.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 12:21 pm

Yesterday was a stay-at-home kind of day for Mrs Staybrite and me.  We helped transplant a yellow-bell bush to a pot and sent it off to live in my mothers yard and cleaned some stuff out of the garage.

Then I let my wife have control of the remote for the whole evening. She made me watch two movies.

Cyrano (2021) a somewhat faithful telling of the classic play Cyrano de Bergerac staring Peter Dinklage in the title roll.  I actually quite enjoyed it despite that fact that it was a musical.

80 For Brady (2023) I hope we didn't have to pay to watch this.  Four grandmothers develop an odd infatuation with the local Patriots quarterback and make it their mission to head to Huston to watch them in the Superbowl.  I don't really get excited for football and usually not that excited to watch a film that features almost exclusively older women (cannot stand Jane Fonda)... I have no idea why she thought I would like this movie.  It wasn't a complete waste of time, interesting to find out it was based on a true story.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2023 10:06 am

The Survivor (2021)  Based on a true story of a Polish Jew who survived the concentration camps during WWII and went on to become a professional boxer in the U.S.  Sad, but touching story.  I think Ben Foster did a really good job acting in this film (he is almost unrecognizable in this role)

Hardkore and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2023 6:14 pm

I’m at episode 2 of season 2 Star Trek Picard , and they have gone off the deep end.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2023 6:21 pm

^How so?  Super woke?
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2023 7:12 pm

kerrick wrote:
^How so?  Super woke?
No, not woke but story wise. You end up thinking omg!!!

I’ll give a bit of a spoiler but not too much. Q is involved.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2023 10:44 am

Just finished ep : on Pluto…Yikes!What are you watching? - Page 34 36218910
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 3:58 am

So far I have enjoyed Picard. I’m a few episodes behind on Season 3 so maybe I can catch up this weekend. My wife and I both enjoyed the season with Q.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 9:53 am

Michael Clayton (2007)  Not too bad for a moody legal drama that was more like a character study.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 9:55 am

MikeInFla wrote:
So far I have enjoyed Picard. I’m a few episodes behind on Season 3 so maybe I can catch up this weekend. My wife and I both enjoyed the season with Q.

The wife just started watching Season 1.  I don't know how far she got as she complained that it was a bit too cerebral for most of what she likes.  If she knew that Q played a prominent role in more then 1 episode she would probably quit watching it immediately.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 4:18 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Haven’t seen any of season 3 yet. I likely won’t until it comes to a Freebee site like Pluto. 
Just finished season 2 and only seen 1 ep of season 1.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2023 5:43 pm

It’s a shame this is only gonna be on Netflix. I seriously want to see it.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2023 11:30 am

In a rare event, the kids went to bed early and my wife wanted to get some reading done so I got to watch a flick.  Crawl is streaming free (with ads) on youtube so I watched it and quite enjoyed it!  A father and daughter are stuck in a basement during a hurricane and have to fight for survival against bloodthirsty alligators prowling around.  I appreciate that it's just a straight-forward monster thriller with zero sex, nudity, or politics (and even the language isn't that bad - though it's not for the faint-hearted in terms of gruesomeness!).

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2023 12:12 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Fundy wrote:
Anyone watched La Brea, and is it any good?

I watched the first 2 or 3 episodes but quickly lost interest.... I can't remember why.  
I'm guessing I was trying to get Mrs Staybrite interested in watching something with me and she didn't care for it.... I probably would have kept watching, but had  ton of other things I was trying to keep up with.

When I asked the question, I saw a trailer for it, and it looked pretty good, but I actually had no way of watching it (other than paying for it through one of the streaming services).  Yesterday, whilst looking for something to watch, La Brea turned up, and it's just started to be shown for free on My5 channel.  So, we watched the first episode.  It wasn't brilliant, but also was okay for my 12 rated brain.  I'll watch episode 2 when it arrives.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2023 2:45 pm

Fundy wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Fundy wrote:

I watched the first 2 or 3 episodes but quickly lost interest.... I can't remember why.  
I'm guessing I was trying to get Mrs Staybrite interested in watching something with me and she didn't care for it.... I probably would have kept watching, but had  ton of other things I was trying to keep up with.

When I asked the question, I saw a trailer for it, and it looked pretty good, but I actually had no way of watching it (other than paying for it through one of the streaming services).  Yesterday, whilst looking for something to watch, La Brea turned up, and it's just started to be shown for free on My5 channel.  So, we watched the first episode.  It wasn't brilliant, but also was okay for my 12 rated brain.  I'll watch episode 2 when it arrives.

If you come back and say it is really good, I might jump on board and watch more episodes (assuming it is still on Hulu in the U.S.).  
So let me know what you think after the next episode.

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2023 8:49 pm

I finished up season 3 of The Umbrella Academy.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2023 10:32 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I was less than impressed with this season.  I actually quite liked the 1st two, but something about this one seemed a bit directionless.  Not sure I'm gonna watch a fourth season or not (assuming there is one).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2023 8:38 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I was less than impressed with this season.  I actually quite liked the 1st two, but something about this one seemed a bit directionless.  Not sure I'm gonna watch a fourth season or not (assuming there is one).

To be honest, I think that was by design.  The team has always been direction less and they screw up as much as they fix.  This season was about them losing over and over again to try to push them to be better.  They got their butts handed to them and found out their dad was trying to kill them.  They truly have nowhere to go but up from this point.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2023 8:39 am

I started and am halfway through Lockwood & Co.  I am digging this!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2023 11:04 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

To be honest, I think that was by design.  The team has always been direction less and they screw up as much as they fix.  This season was about them losing over and over again to try to push them to be better.  They got their butts handed to them and found out their dad was trying to kill them.  They truly have nowhere to go but up from this point.

Hmm, hadn't thought of it that way.  Interesting take.  Thumbs Up (still not sure if I'll watch another season though)

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2023 2:57 am

Staybrite wrote:
Fundy wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Fundy wrote:

If you come back and say it is really good, I might jump on board and watch more episodes (assuming it is still on Hulu in the U.S.).  
So let me know what you think after the next episode.

Just watched the second episode.  That was okay.  It's not like some amazing series that grips you from the start, and it's definitely not top in the special effects (you can clearly tell that the animals aren't real.)  But it's a bit of down time for me, and there's little time when I can watch something with my wife, and she thought the first episode was okay, so I'll carry on watching it for a while.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2023 12:21 pm

Guardians Of The Galaxy 3

If you liked the first 2, then this one fits in well.  I'm not really a superhero film fan, (apart from a few) but GOTG3 was good fun, and some of the jokes were really great.  We saw it in iMax, and sat in pretty much the perfect seats, so it was a really enjoyable experience.  To cap it all, we had a late night meal at Five Guys  Very Happy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 2:07 pm

xXx3 : The Return of Xander Cage
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 11:39 am

My wife is making me watch 1883, apparently it is a prequel to "Yellowstone".
I never watched Yellowstone (thankfully) but 1883 is pretty good, follows a group of travelers heading from Texas to Oregon travelling by wagon over the wild west.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 1:31 pm

Longmire.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 34 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next