Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+9
kerrick
rockerVu2
Normaniac
Hardkore
alldatndensum
topshot rhit
Fundy
Staybrite
MikeInFla
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

What are you watching? - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2022 6:45 am

You,ve Got Mail.

Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2022 4:51 pm

We finished the last season (5) of Person of Interest.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 10:54 am

I finished off Star Wars: Rebels finally.  For a cartoon, that last season was a tear jerker!

I have now begun Andor, Tales Of The Jedi, and season three of Locke & Key.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:14 am

I started season 3 of The Leftovers on HBO last night (final season).  It's a really weird show.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 3:26 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later
Wolf of Snow Hollow (well acted, but lots of profanity)

28 Days Later is amazing.  Weeks was pretty lame in comparison IMO.

I thought that Wolf Of Snow Hollow flick looked good.  Other than the profanity, did you like it and would recommend it?

28 Weeks Later had a bigger budget and bigger name actors... and it blew chunks compared the 28 Days.
Just really hard to catch that "lightning in a bottle" kind of thing they had with the first film.

I really liked the Wolf Of Snow Hollow.  The Sherriff's Deputy that is leading the investigation really makes the movie (Jim Cummings).  He also directs the film.  But the character is funny and tragic at the same time, while these horrible slayings are going on in his small ski resort town.  Cumming's character has a bunch of personal challenges going on during the entire movie and it's almost as if you are going to see him have a complete mental break-down in the middle of trying to catch a werewolf. I would give it a four out of five thumps up.  Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

My wife and I recently watched this one and both really liked it!

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2022 7:41 pm

I came across a channel on YouTube I will be watching a lot of these…

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2022 3:10 pm

kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later
Wolf of Snow Hollow (well acted, but lots of profanity)

28 Days Later is amazing.  Weeks was pretty lame in comparison IMO.

I thought that Wolf Of Snow Hollow flick looked good.  Other than the profanity, did you like it and would recommend it?

28 Weeks Later had a bigger budget and bigger name actors... and it blew chunks compared the 28 Days.
Just really hard to catch that "lightning in a bottle" kind of thing they had with the first film.

I really liked the Wolf Of Snow Hollow.  The Sherriff's Deputy that is leading the investigation really makes the movie (Jim Cummings).  He also directs the film.  But the character is funny and tragic at the same time, while these horrible slayings are going on in his small ski resort town.  Cumming's character has a bunch of personal challenges going on during the entire movie and it's almost as if you are going to see him have a complete mental break-down in the middle of trying to catch a werewolf. I would give it a four out of five thumps up.  Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

My wife and I recently watched this one and both really liked it!

I thought you would enjoy that "Wolf of Snow Hollow".  Quirky film that is totally kept afloat by Jim Cumming's character in the movie.  I would enjoy seeing more movies like this where the main character doesn't have it all together, but still seems to get the job done.

Hardkore wrote:
I came across a channel on YouTube I will be watching a lot of these…

I remember when those episodes aired on television (think it back in the early 90's)  River Phoenix did a great job as "Young Indy" (at least I thought so).  also kind of cool that you get to see where Indy got his "chin scar" during the epic train scene (which is really a scar that Harrison Ford has).

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2022 4:30 pm

MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2022 8:27 pm

Bowl games all day. Right now TN/Clemson but have to go to bed shortly because I work tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2023 6:27 pm

Crossroads: A Story of Forgiveness (based on a true story)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-reviews/crossroads-a-story-forgiveness-159376/amp/

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/GMA/story?id=125847&page=1
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 3:04 pm

Started watching "The Big Bang Theory" a few nights ago (up to like episode 4 in the first season).  Was pleasantly surprised to hear my wife laugh so much as she usually doesn't like sitcoms.
Starting to wonder if it is because of the nerd jokes... and I'm an engineer, so she can relate to all the dumb science math stuff that the common (non-sciencey) person doesn't care about.

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2023 5:55 pm

Frequency (tv, The CW, 2017, 1 season)

I recently came across this. It is based on the movie Frequency which is one of my favorites. I am only on episode 2 of 14 now. They changed just enough to keep it fresh and interesting while the core of it is the same. 

Detective Raimy Sullivan has carried around pain and resentment over her father's death for 20 years, believing NYPD Officer Frank Sullivan was corrupted during an undercover sting and got himself killed. Everything changes when she hears his voice coming from his old ham radio, somehow transmitting from 1996. Raimy tells Frank about his murder, allowing him to survive the event, but the change has tragic consequences on the present, and the two detectives must find a way to rewrite the past without destroying everyone they care about.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2023 3:59 am

Harry - The Interview.

My wife was watching it, so I sat and watched the end of the interview.  Seems like a lot of bad stuff happened to him because of the press.  However, by the end of the programme I was thinking "If you want to get away from the press, don't go and write a deeply personal book, have a 6 part documentary made, and then go and do lots of interviews."

I think there are many more important things to hear about in life, rather than Harry and his relationship issues.
 Smile Sad

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2023 2:48 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Frequency (tv, The CW, 2017, 1 season)

I recently came across this. It is based on the movie Frequency which is one of my favorites. I am only on episode 2 of 14 now. They changed just enough to keep it fresh and interesting while the core of it is the same. 

Detective Raimy Sullivan has carried around pain and resentment over her father's death for 20 years, believing NYPD Officer Frank Sullivan was corrupted during an undercover sting and got himself killed. Everything changes when she hears his voice coming from his old ham radio, somehow transmitting from 1996. Raimy tells Frank about his murder, allowing him to survive the event, but the change has tragic consequences on the present, and the two detectives must find a way to rewrite the past without destroying everyone they care about.

My wife was interested in that series, so I watched it with her.  I remembered the movie of the same name being the same premise as the movie, but with a different flair.  Overall I found the series pretty decent.

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2023 2:51 pm

Fundy wrote:
Harry - The Interview.

My wife was watching it, so I sat and watched the end of the interview.  Seems like a lot of bad stuff happened to him because of the press.  However, by the end of the programme I was thinking "If you want to get away from the press, don't go and write a deeply personal book, have a 6 part documentary made, and then go and do lots of interviews."

I think there are many more important things to hear about in life, rather than Harry and his relationship issues.
 Smile Sad

The wife and I are avoiding anything to do with Harry & Megan.  I don't know much of anyone who even remotely likes her (most think she is at least a gold digger, possibly much worse).  I also don't want to hear Harry possibly bash his family without them having the ability to defend themselves.  It seems like he already chose poorly for a wife... not sure I want to hear about other bad judgments he might have made.

Fundy and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2023 6:40 pm

I finished the last season of Locke & Key tonight.  I am going to miss that show!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2023 2:53 pm

I watched an interesting movie last night on Netflix called "Blood Red Sky".  German vampire film with an odd twist... instead of "Snakes on a Plane" it was "Vampire on a plane".  Worth watching once (dubbed in English), but certainly not worth repeated views IMHO.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2023 8:39 pm

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2023 10:48 am

I fiinished up Andor.

Man, now that was GOOD Star Wars!  It will lead into Rogue One with the next season and shows the infancy of the rebellion.  There are no Jedi, and neither the Emperor or Vader are present, but their presence is strongly implied as you see the ugly side of the galaxy under the rule of the Sith and how people suffered because of that.

Dictatorships are never good for the people even in Star Wars.

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2023 6:01 pm

I watched an odd one a few nights ago called Side Effects (2013) staring Jude Law as a psychiatrist who gives his patient a relatively new anti-depressant that leads to a somewhat strange turn of events.  Worth watching if if you like movies with twists and turns. (warning it does have nudity and some sex stuff as well as some blood and violence).
Last night I watched the Sidney Poitier classic In The Heat Of The Night (1967).

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2023 7:10 pm

Minions: The Rise of Gru

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2023 8:59 pm

I watched The Color Of Money the night before last with Paul Newman and Tom Cruise & Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio & Helen Shaver.  There are some small cameo roles with John Turturro, Bill Cobbs, and youngish Forest Whitaker, which I enjoyed seeing.  Lots of profanity and unnecessary nudity (but when is nudity ever necessary).  Overall, I thought it was just ok.  I expected a little better movie from Scorsese, but given that I don't care for half or more of his work I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised.  I'm also not a huge fan of Cruise (especially this era).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2023 7:36 am

I finished Outlaws on Amazon and have now started season 3 of Jack Ryan.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2023 2:50 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I finished Outlaws on Amazon and have now started season 3 of Jack Ryan.

Oh man, I completely forgot about that Outlaws show... I need to add it to my list of stuff to watch.  It looked like it might be quite entertaining.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2023 5:01 pm

Cowgirls and Angels

Definitely a good feelgood family movie!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next