Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+9
kerrick
rockerVu2
Normaniac
Hardkore
alldatndensum
topshot rhit
Fundy
Staybrite
MikeInFla
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23573
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What are you watching? - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 8:23 pm

Finishing Ms. Marvel

I can't believe I made myself watch all six episodes.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite and Fundy like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23556
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 9:36 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Finishing Ms. Marvel

I can't believe I made myself watch all six episodes.

lol!  Thanks for the warning!

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 10:00 pm

kerrick wrote:
^I just added it to my ever-growing watchlist.  Smile  Where did you see it and do you know if it's free to watch online anywhere?  I don't have any streaming services like netflix or prime.

You're probably one of the only other folks I know who's watched Rubber haha.  That's a pretty fun flick.  The director's follow-up film Wrong was pretty good too, though I haven't seen anything of his since.

Hardkore wrote:
kerrick wrote:
^I just added it to my ever-growing watchlist.  Smile  Where did you see it and do you know if it's free to watch online anywhere?  I don't have any streaming services like netflix or prime.

You're probably one of the only other folks I know who's watched Rubber haha.  That's a pretty fun flick.  The director's follow-up film Wrong was pretty good too, though I haven't seen anything of his since.
Near the bottom of his post…

“ It's on the free streaming app Tubi if anyone is interested in watching it.  There is definitely some swearing (and maybe even a few instances of blasphemy) but no nudity and not at all gory.”

Asked and answered (thanks Richard)!  Laughing
Tubi does seem like a pretty neat streaming service (and free).  I watched it on my smart TV but I'm guessing you can use it on a desktop or laptop computer as well.  You can even watch without signing up (but it won't save your progress).  This was the first time I used it, and they do have ads.  But the ads were brief.  Probably like 6 ad breaks in the whole movie and each ad break was just under 2 minutes.  Way less/shorter ads then the last time I used cable television (just over a year ago).

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 10:02 pm

Hardkore wrote:
The Dukes of Hazzard (Tv show, not the movie)

I know this was turned into a movie (2005), but was it ever rebooted for television?

kerrick

Number of posts : 3539
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2022 10:38 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:

Hardkore wrote:
kerrick wrote:

Near the bottom of his post…

“ It's on the free streaming app Tubi if anyone is interested in watching it.  There is definitely some swearing (and maybe even a few instances of blasphemy) but no nudity and not at all gory.”

Asked and answered (thanks Richard)!  Laughing
Tubi does seem like a pretty neat streaming service (and free).  I watched it on my smart TV but I'm guessing you can use it on a desktop or laptop computer as well.  You can even watch without signing up (but it won't save your progress).  This was the first time I used it, and they do have ads.  But the ads were brief.  Probably like 6 ad breaks in the whole movie and each ad break was just under 2 minutes.  Way less/shorter ads then the last time I used cable television (just over a year ago).

D'oh!  Haha how'd I miss that???  It must've been a more hectic day than I even realized haha.  Thanks guys.  I may have to check out Tubi.  Dealing with ads is an acceptable compromise since it's "free."  Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2567
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2022 8:17 am

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
The Dukes of Hazzard (Tv show, not the movie)

I know this was turned into a movie (2005), but was it ever rebooted for television?
No, there was only ever one series back in the ‘80s. Then they started showing them as reruns on CMT a few years ago. Strange thing is some people had never seen it before and thought it was a brand new show.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2022 12:53 pm

kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:
said stuff...

Hardkore wrote:
kerrick wrote:
said more stuff
said stuff too

blah, blah, blah

D'oh!  Haha how'd I miss that???  It must've been a more hectic day than I even realized haha.  Thanks guys.  I may have to check out Tubi.  Dealing with ads is an acceptable compromise since it's "free."  Thanks!

I will warn you of this though.  Tubi has a ton of content, and it feels like one of those "quantity over quality" sort of places...so I expect there is a lot of garbage there.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2022 6:24 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:
said stuff...

Hardkore wrote:
kerrick wrote:
said more stuff
said stuff too

blah, blah, blah

I will warn you of this though.  Tubi has a ton of content, and it feels like one of those "quantity over quality" sort of places...so I expect there is a lot of garbage there.
Yeah , even though they have some good stuff there, there is some that I think was done by The Asylum.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2022 2:50 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:
said stuff...

Hardkore wrote:
kerrick wrote:
said more stuff
said stuff too

blah, blah, blah

Yeah , even though they have some good stuff there, there is some that I think was done by The Asylum.

I'm not sure if I've seen any movies made by "The Asylum", but I loved that ZNation television series they produced.  Hilariously goofy and interesting zombie fest (that acted as if it wasn't supposed to be goofy or hilarious).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2022 4:25 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:
said stuff...

Hardkore wrote:
kerrick wrote:
said more stuff
said stuff too

blah, blah, blah

Oh, so it's just Netflix or Disney+ but is free!   lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2022 1:11 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Oh, so it's just Netflix or Disney+ but is free!   lol!

YEP!  ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 5:05 pm

Ok , I haven’t seen it yet but am curious. They are showing Jaws in 3D!

What are you watching? - Page 25 01f88910
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2022 9:12 pm

Samaritan

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 6:31 pm

Watched two movies last night.  
Collateral - (2004) Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx
Seventh Son - (2014) fantasy romp where a select group of knights hunt witches and monsters.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 6:32 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Samaritan

I wanted to watch that this weekend, but my wife works and she also wants to see it... so I'll have to wait until she isn't working.

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 7:12 pm

The Final Countdown

It had been soooo long since I had seen it that I forgot so much about it. You almost might say I saw it again for the first time. Historical and sci-fi in one.

Staybrite and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2022 2:23 pm

I started watching "The Wheel Of Time" series on Amazon last night (just the first episode).  I remember people complaining that it was "woke" but I didn't notice that right at the beginning.  Has anyone seen this series?  If yes, what did you think?

kerrick

Number of posts : 3539
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2022 2:36 pm

^Haven't seen it but my pastor and some guys from our church have read the books and they speak very passionately about how awful the tv show is.  One complaint of theirs is that a major element in the books is how there are a ton of different cultures represented.  Each land or whatever has its own real-life equivalent (French, African, Scandinavian, etc.) whereas in the name of wokeness, the tv show mushed 'em all together.  Also the original story pivots around the fact that men and women have access to different magics or something like that, whereas they did away with that in the series because gender equality or whatever.  But that's where my knowledge ends!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2022 8:08 pm

Anyone trying to watch She-Hulk?  Does this show even have a direction?

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3130
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2022 4:02 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Not yet. Not sure I will. I was interested at first but then as I saw more previews I became less interested. 

I am curious to see the new Quantum Leap. It debuted last night but it was late. I'll see if it is On Demand later this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2022 3:02 pm

kerrick wrote:
^Haven't seen it but my pastor and some guys from our church have read the books and they speak very passionately about how awful the tv show is.  One complaint of theirs is that a major element in the books is how there are a ton of different cultures represented.  Each land or whatever has its own real-life equivalent (French, African, Scandinavian, etc.) whereas in the name of wokeness, the tv show mushed 'em all together.  Also the original story pivots around the fact that men and women have access to different magics or something like that, whereas they did away with that in the series because gender equality or whatever.  But that's where my knowledge ends!

Thanks.  I haven't read the books, so I wasn't sure if I was missing something.  It is true that they are mashing all kinds of races together under one culture, which seems a bit ridiculous in a small mountain village with less than 1000 people in it especially given that it is obviously a pre-industrial (pre-electricity) age.  (they literally have far east Asians, white European types, black African peoples, and Indian-Punjabi type peoples all in a village with a population that cannot exceed 1000 people...probably more like 600.... almost impossible to see that without the advantage of far ranging and relatively quick trains, cars, planes etc.)

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2022 3:07 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Not yet. Not sure I will. I was interested at first but then as I saw more previews I became less interested. 

I am curious to see the new Quantum Leap. It debuted last night but it was late. I'll see if it is On Demand later this afternoon.

I'm not a huge superhero fan but I do dig some of it.  However, based on the few previews I've seen I am going to pass on this.  There is a scene where She Hulk is twerking in her office with Megan Thee Stallion.  It seriously looks like it was supposed to be a comedy....but unintentionally.  I'm definitely gonna pass.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3130
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2022 4:07 am

Finally watched Quantum Leap and it's pretty good. True to the original. It's not a reboot but a continuation. They mention Sam and Al several times during the episode. Looking forward to watching more.

Staybrite and Hardkore like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2022 1:15 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I'm not a huge superhero fan but I do dig some of it.  However, based on the few previews I've seen I am going to pass on this.  There is a scene where She Hulk is twerking in her office with Megan Thee Stallion.  It seriously looks like it was supposed to be a comedy....but unintentionally.  I'm definitely gonna pass.

This whole show is just a big comedy series.  Halfway through the series, there seems like there is no real "big bad" to be revealed.  It just seems disjointed as a whole as the focus is more on the comedy than building She-Hulk into a real MCU level character.

With Thor: Love & Thunder, the MCU seems to have lost it's way.  It is going to be difficult for them to retain the older generation of fans that tuned in due to remembered characters hitting the big screen and building to the final showdown with Thanos.  With the newer and lesser known characters taking the reins, I feel like Marvel Studios is going to loose a lot of steam when the older fans quit going to see the movies and pass on the tv shows.  Shows like She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel just don't have the nostalgia factor for a lot of us, so we will start tuning these out.  Seeing that they feel like they are now being made for today's teens with more shallow characters who don't really connect with us where we are, I foresee the MCU losing relevance and a big piece of their paying audience.

Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2022 4:43 pm

I watched a classic 80's flick last night The Hitcher with C. Thomas Howell and one of my favorites Rutger Hauer.

MikeInFla and kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 25 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next