Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+9
kerrick
rockerVu2
Normaniac
Hardkore
alldatndensum
topshot rhit
Fundy
Staybrite
MikeInFla
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

What are you watching? - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2023 3:58 am

kerrick wrote:
Fundy, have you seen Triangle?  I think it'd be right up your ally!
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1187064/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_5

I recommend NOT watching the trailer due to possible spoilers.

A movie with a similar feel, though not explicitly time travel is Coherence.  You might like this one too.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2866360/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_t_1

I see that it's a 15 and says it's Horror.  How 'horror' is it?  Would you let a 12 year old watch it (me being the 12 year old?)  If it's not bad, in that regard then I may give it a go.  I can watch it for free, so that's cool.

Smile

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2023 4:41 am

Battleship

I was not impressed with the movie trailer when this first came out and didn’t bother to see it. I happened to come across it on Tubi and decided to try it.

It was far better than I had expected. The trailer almost made me think it would be one of those “turn your brain off at the door” type flicks. That plus the fact it is some how based off of a game and yet involves a kind of alien invasion, seemed really odd.

Would I see it again? You bet! It is part sci-fi, Navy, even reminds me of parts of the movie Under Siege.

Now I think I’ll have to go watch Under Siege again.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2023 7:23 pm

I watched Battleship for the first time a little over a month ago.  It had been horribly panned by critics, but an old friend suggested I try it.  Going into it with the proper attitude helped (it is an over-the-top action flick). I have to say I was not disappointed.  It was silly and unrealistic, but the film didn't seem to take itself too seriously, and I found it quite enjoyable..

Over the last week I watched Swiss Army Man (2016).  Really strange, like weirdly odd.  I mean a ship-wrecked dude finds a dead body on the beach.  A flatulent body... that he can use for odd things (kind of like a swiss army knife).  Interesting ending.  Worth watching once...some bad language but no nudity.
Also finally surrendered myself to A Scanner Darkly (2006).  I have had more than one person tell me that this is one of their favorite movies.  Now I can say I have no idea why.  Not a horrible film, but I expect better for movies adapted from Phillip K penis novels (although I confess to having not read this one).  The movie didn't totally blow chunks, but I certainly wouldn't waste my time ever watching it again.  Seems like it relied too heavily on the novelty of the new type of animation that it used, and not enough on building believable characters. IDK, maybe it wasn't one of penis's better novels.  He has written a few clunkers.

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2023 2:54 am

lol!

That's so daft how they won't let you write his surname, and just change it to make it worse!

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2023 5:10 am

SB 57!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2023 10:50 am

Fundy wrote:
lol!

That's so daft how they won't let you write his surname, and just change it to make it worse!

Yeah, Phillip K. penis looks even dumber than Phillip K. D i c k does.  Sometimes editing goes a little too far.  lol!

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2023 10:53 am

Normaniac wrote:
SB 57!

I had to look this up.  Oddly enough the first entry wasn't for Super Bowl 57, it was for California Senate Bill 57.
For a second I thought "why is Normaniac watching the California senate on television?  It must be a really slow Sunday"...then it hit me. Stupid

I have to confess that I didn't watch the Super Bowl this year.  It was kind of neat to hear that the underdog won.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 9:31 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Normaniac wrote:
SB 57!

I had to look this up.  Oddly enough the first entry wasn't for Super Bowl 57, it was for California Senate Bill 57.
For a second I thought "why is Normaniac watching the California senate on television?  It must be a really slow Sunday"...then it hit me. Stupid

I have to confess that I didn't watch the Super Bowl this year.  It was kind of neat to hear that the underdog won.

I have only watched two Super Bowls......in my lifetime.  I never cared about football.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2023 7:08 pm

Ready Player One

The Three Musketeers (1974)

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2023 7:44 pm

Hondo

Sad that even though this was originally filmed in 3D, the only version available now a days is in 2D.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2023 9:10 am

First episode of Picard Season 3. This looks like it is going to be all TNG.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2023 1:45 pm

Wakanda Forever

Ant Man & The Wasp - Quantumania

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2023 3:20 pm

XFL
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2023 9:29 pm

Started season one of Picard and am moving through Manifest.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2023 4:02 am

The Cocoanuts
Animal Crackers

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2023 2:37 pm

Fundy wrote:
The Cocoanuts
Animal Crackers

You are the only person under 75 I know who watches these movies.
I think I've only seen one or two of them myself (Animal Crackers for sure... can't remember the name of the other one... did they do "A Day At The Races"?  Maybe that's the other one I saw).

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2023 4:35 pm

Just started Monkey Business, which is their 3rd one. (not including the deleted Humorisk film from 1921).

A Day At The Races was also a Marx Bros movie, from 1937.
Smile

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2023 4:45 pm

Let's see if I can do this off the top of my head...

1921 - Humorisk
1929 - The Cocoanuts
1930 - Animal Crackers
1931 - Monkey Business
1932 - Horse Feathers
1933 - Duck Soup
1935 - A Night At The Opera
1937 - A Day At The Races
1938 - Room Service
1939 - At The Circus
1940 - Go West
1941 - The Big Store
1946 - A Night In Casablanca
1951 - Love Happy

(I think Love Happy is later than 1951, but I've only watched it once)

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2023 11:29 pm

Cool!  But I have to confess half of those I've never heard of.
It must have been "Day At The Races"  I've seen.
I had a friend who had a reprint of one of the movie posters for Animal Crackers.  It was pretty neat

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 3:15 am

Staybrite wrote:
FundyThe CocoanutsAnimal CrackersYou are the only person under 75 I know who watches these movies.I think I've only seen one or two of them myself (Animal Crackers for sure... can't remember the name of the other one... did they do "A Day At The Races"? Maybe that's the other one I saw).Now you know two.  😏 😉

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 4:53 pm

I group the films like this...

BRILLIANT
The Cocoanuts  (A bit antiquated, and some of the scenes are of a poor production, but it's still really funny)
Animal Crackers  (My favourite Marx Bros. movie)
Monkey Business (consistently funny throughout)
Horse Feathers (similar to Monkey Business in quality and style.  Both star Thelma Todd)
Duck Soup  (Probably my second favourite MB movie, and most regard it as being the best)
A Night At The Opera  (Better production than all the previous movies, and incredibly well written)

GREAT
A Day At The Races  (Great fun, but the first 'not brilliant' movie, and the start of a downward trend)
A Night In Casablanca  (Great 'comeback' movie.  Much better than some people say it is)

GOOD
At The Circus  (Good, but a bit too slapstick, and the romantic leads are a bit annoying)
Go West  (Good, but something missing compared to their older movies)
The Big Store  (Slapstick stuff, with good fun moments)

OK, BUT NOT WORTH WATCHING A SECOND TIME
Room Service  (Not a MB film, but was adapted for them.  So, it's okay, but it's not MB!)
Love Happy  (Probably shouldn't have been made.  It's okay, but it feels tired and a bit stale)

There you go.  Thank you  Very Happy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2023 4:46 pm

Star Trek:Picard

I sometimes watch an episode of TOS or TNG (depending on which one is on the Star Trek channel, on Pluto. This afternoon they were showing episode 1 of Picard. That was pretty good. Need to see more now.

Fundy and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2023 3:49 pm

Alice In Borderland (2022-2023 Netflix)
Interesting Japanese series (thankfully dubbed in English).  Where a small population of people find themselves to appear to still be in and around the Tokyo area, but with most of the people gone.  They are forced to play "games" against with and against each other often with deadly results.  Nobody knows who is behind the games or how to "get back" to their own reality.  Good character development, with interesting action and crazy games.

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2023 5:49 am

Staybrite wrote:
Alice In Borderland (2022-2023 Netflix)
Interesting Japanese series (thankfully dubbed in English).  Where a small population of people find themselves to appear to still be in and around the Tokyo area, but with most of the people gone.  They are forced to play "games" against with and against each other often with deadly results.  Nobody knows who is behind the games or how to "get back" to their own reality.  Good character development, with interesting action and crazy games.
So pretty much a Hunger Games remake?

Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2023 5:52 am

Anyone watched La Brea, and is it any good?

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 32 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 32 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38 ... 44  Next