Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
deathisgain
Oldiesmann
rssllue
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
MikeInFla
Jen5
Normaniac
kerrick
Black Rider
Staybrite
rockerVu2
Xid
Through The Dark Radio
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Random Ramblings - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2022 9:44 pm

If you're using power you're generating though you're still saving a ton of money. The real question is how long it takes you to recoup the cost of the conversion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2022 9:53 pm

I would love to go solar, but it costs so darn much to begin with.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

rockerVu2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2022 7:30 am

Levi stayed with us from Thursday till Friday afternoon.
We had a great time with him.
We've found a turtle in the creek nearby our house.

Yesterday afternoon Levi and Jim came for one night.
They build a long train track, from the livingroom to the kitchen.
It's nice to have those little men around, but it's also nice that their parents come to take them home.

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Staybrite, MikeInFla, Xid and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2022 6:01 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
We did the solar thing. Should be interesting. Hope it was a good decision.

We've had ours installed since December and so far haven't had a single power bill.  However, we are rolling into summer and are starting to get very close to using most (if not all) of the power we are generating.  So not sure if it was worth it or not yet ourselves.
They claimed we'd have no bill even in summer. We got 22 panels though, so it better be sufficient

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2022 6:04 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
It's expensive, but if you buy instead of lease, you can own them when all is said and done and only pay a fixed monthly amount. We'll be paying 130 bucks a month, which is much cheaper than what we pay Southern California Edison. It's way more expensive to pour money in their pockets than the solar peeps

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 12:30 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
It's expensive, but if you buy instead of lease, you can own them when all is said and done and only pay a fixed monthly amount. We'll be paying 130 bucks a month, which is much cheaper than what we pay Southern California Edison. It's way more expensive to pour money in their pockets than the solar peeps

We're paying around $160 a month for our solar panels.  It kind of averages out a little for us.  During late spring to early fall we were paying around $220 to $275 a month for power, but in the winter it was down to just over $100.  The really good part is that it increases the value of our home, and the loan payment price for the panels doesn't increase like the cost of power tends to every few years

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 1:01 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

As far as my costs go now, that is higher than I am paying for electricity and with running the AC constantly.

If that was all I would pay in the winter when I am running the heat, it would be well worth the price as it isn't unreal for me to get a $300 bill during December through February.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2022 7:54 am

We're getting thunderstorms. The come from France to us.
I hate the "thunder & lightning" shows who come from France.
Most of the time it are heavy thunderstorms.
I really don't like thunderstorms.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 5:24 pm

We are supposed to get thunderstorms tonight and for the next couple of days.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 5:31 pm

Why is there so much drama when you work around women?

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 11:35 am

alldatndensum wrote:
There's a loaded question  Laughing

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 5:21 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
There's a loaded question  Laughing

I generally work with just a couple of men and mostly women.  The ladies are constantly vying for dominance so that they can force their will on everyone else's classrooms.  It gets old.  The men that work around me are all pretty much of the mindset that you just tell us what we need to do and then let us do it even if our methods might be different.  It seems to work for us.

Even with the summer school program I am working at this month, the ladies are already starting crap, but I am not going to keep getting crapped on.  I have decided I will step up and tell them what I think without being catty and insulting.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2022 8:32 am

It started with sneezing, an annoying feeling in the eyes, weird feeling in your head. I have an allergy to grass pollen. It's terrible. I hope it's over very soon.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2022 8:35 am

My son asked me yesterday to pick up Jesse from daycare. They couldn't be there on time
He was alone and I was alone, so I stayed for supper.
That was an unexpected pleasure.
It was steamed salmon, pasta with peas, onion and zucchini. For dessert we had coffee.

alldatndensum, Staybrite, MikeInFla, Xid and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2022 11:29 am

My business relationship with State Farm Insurance is officially over.  The straw that broke the camel's back:  the company's unwise association with child grooming-friendly published material, and the coverup that ensued.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2022 11:07 am

^I haven't heard about that... Do you have any links to articles about it? Good on you for dropping them. It's sickening what's being peddled to children these days. Here in conservative north Idaho we had a "pride parade" in the park last weekend that was marketed as "family friendly." There's now an investigation in process of a dancer who allegedly exposed himself to children. I can't say I'm surprised in the least, though it's no less awful.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2022 7:31 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/media/state-farm-consumers-research-neighbor

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2022 2:55 pm

^Thanks. Interesting read. It's wild how far these large companies are willing to go to appease the woke mob.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2022 7:49 am

After a two-year hiatus, I rejoined Facebook yesterday.  It was nice reconnecting with friends and family again.  But I discovered that a dear old friend, my former mentor, passed away last October.  We had a bit of a falling out, but I still grieve his loss and pray for his family.   Sad

Staybrite and Hardkore like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2022 6:50 pm

While my summer school gig has become much easier, I have had a rough week personally.

I was on the receiving end of racism at Target.  A black lady and her tren daughters were going through the checkout lines the wrong way.  I was in line and the girls pushing the cart apologized.  The mom yelled at them and told them that they "didn't need to apologize to no sorry-ass white people".  How rude!

I am at a Christian men's conference in Huntsville.  I have already been laughed and pointed at by a group making fun of the "dork in the stupid old man hat".  I was the only one around they could have been laughing at.  Seriously?  This is a CHRISTIAN event!  I see they haven't tamed the tongue yet.

Then, I went to find a seat.  The arena seats are very narrow and have no leg room.  A group behind me were laughing and making fun of me as I tried to fit.  It wasn't comfortable and I decided to move to a folding chair area.  They were laughing even harder at me trying to get out of the seat.  One was even videoing me.

This event had better be a blessing tonight or I won't come back for tomorrow's session.  If this is how Christians treat others, I don't want anything to do with these insensitive people.  If I were not already a follower of Christ, I would have walked out of the arena and never looked back.  I will stay, though, because this weekend is supposed to be me getting closer to Jesus and not grading the rotting fruit of those who mistreat me.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2022 5:11 am

It could be the devil wants you to leave the conference so he is throwing things in your path to make it something you won't enjoy. 

When things seem to NOT go my way sometimes I have to slow down and see/ask for help from God to make it thru that particular situation (believe me, I have had my share of them over the past couple of years). And sometimes I often think Satan is creating obstacles to put in front of me. I just need to remember to ask God to guide me.

In situations like you experienced (with people being rude) many times I don't say a word. But sometimes if what they say upsets me I will say to them "Jesus loves you!". 95% of the time they don't know what to say back to you and simply move on. 

Will be praying for you this weekend at the conference and hope you get something out of it... But if you don't I pray you'll have the wisdom to get up and go home.

Hardkore and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2022 6:33 pm

Well, I did what I thought I needed to do and toughed it out.  Venting here safely was good for me.  I got to express my hurt without unloading on someone else.  See?  This board can be a ministry!

I enjoyed the messages last night from Tim Tebow and Kirk Cameron.  Both are excellent speakers and both really urged us men in attendance to step up our game when it comes to following and serving Christ.

However, the guys speaking today were incredible despite not having celebrity status.  They gave me plenty to ponder and pray about.  I will hopefully share more with everyone later.  Right now, with me being back home, I need to get some church work done for tomorrow.

Staybrite, Hardkore, MikeInFla and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2022 4:53 pm

Been a while since being able to go to the Naval Air Museum at NAS Pensacola.It got shut down for access by civilians due to the terror attack a few of years ago.

While browsing thru different sites/ FB pages I came across an alternative. I think next years vacation I will be going to Ohio for the Air Force Museum.

https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

alldatndensum and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2022 11:17 am

Hardkore wrote:
Been a while since being able to go to the Naval Air Museum at NAS Pensacola.It got shut down for access by civilians due to the terror attack a few of years ago.

While browsing thru different sites/ FB pages I came across an alternative. I think next years vacation I will be going to Ohio for the Air Force Museum.

https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

Both are cool things to see.  I have been to both!

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 7:29 pm

This is a really good Jimmy Johns sammich.  And they're freaky fast delivery!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next