Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
deathisgain
Oldiesmann
rssllue
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
MikeInFla
Jen5
Normaniac
kerrick
Black Rider
Staybrite
rockerVu2
Xid
Through The Dark Radio
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2020 9:54 pm

I was unfriended on Facebook over a post I made about the importance of voting for the President so that we could have more conservative judges on the SCOTUS.  Apparently this meant to the person offended that I was celebrating Ginsberg's death which was not my intent.

Oh, well.  If they get offended that easily, let them go.  I don't need the drama.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

kerrick and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2020 10:14 am

Xid wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Xid wrote:
Seriously?  You'd pay $40 for a Joshua's Creed album on vinyl?

Uh, yeah!
Ok.  Let me see if I can get the artwork up and loaded so that it looks good and I'll get you a link.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2020 4:20 pm

Xid wrote:
Xid wrote:

Uh, yeah!
Ok.  Let me see if I can get the artwork up and loaded so that it looks good and I'll get you a link.

cheers
Unfortunately, the preview is showing really crummy, pixelated graphics.  I've even made sure I did things within their specs.  It could be just the previewer shrinking the files that's making them pixelate but $40 is a lot of money to spend on something that may not look good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 6:08 am

So I met a couple of guys who want to play some rock and blues.  After playing one song, the drummer said to us, "I just remembered my sixteenths."

To which, I replied, "That's easy.  January 16th, February 16...."

True story, folks!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Staybrite, rockerVu2 and Black Rider like this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 12:19 pm

Sometimes life can be hard for me.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 1:52 pm

Xid wrote:
Xid wrote:
Xid wrote:

Uh, yeah!

cheers
Unfortunately, the preview is showing really crummy, pixelated graphics.  I've even made sure I did things within their specs.  It could be just the previewer shrinking the files that's making them pixelate but $40 is a lot of money to spend on something that may not look good.

As long as it looks better than Contagious' Free Indeed cover  lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 2:38 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Sometimes life can be hard for me.

I'm sorry to hear that sister.  Crying or Very sad

rockerVu2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 5:54 pm

Xid wrote:
Xid wrote:
Xid wrote:

Uh, yeah!

cheers

That's pretty bad!

Through The Dark Radio likes this post

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2020 2:19 pm

Xid wrote:
Xid wrote:
Xid wrote:
Xid wrote:

Uh, yeah!

cheers

That's pretty bad!

Indeed  lol!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2020 1:55 pm

Xid wrote:
Xid wrote:
Xid wrote:
Xid wrote:

Uh, yeah!

cheers

That's pretty bad!

Indeed  lol!

And that was free!  lol!

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2020 9:12 am

Vonnie, I think this year life has been hard for most everyone. Praying we all can have peace only known in Christ.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 7:33 am

I'm back, We were on vacation for one week.
What a blessing to be away from the train that is life and rolls on and on.

So from now I can read what you all have posts here.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 7:35 am

Black Rider, you are so right.
We have God to rely on when life hits you hard.

I like it you call me  Vonnie too black Rider. Very Happy

My 3 sisters started to call me Vonnie and the partners of our 3 kids call me Vonnie too.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 8:41 am

And another legend has passed . . . rest in peace, EVH.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 10:00 am

I was totally blown away by the news of Eddie's passing.  He is like the Elvis of our generation.  He inspired thousands to play and many to excel in their craft.  They had a unique style and sound that no one ever quite copied.  Van Halen were originals, and that is saying something in a time where everything else is so derivative or cookie cutter.  Whether it be Van Halen or Van Hagar, they were one of a kind and cannot go on without Eddie.  While brother Alex was a big part of the band, Eddie was their heart and soul.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 11:42 am

rockerVu2 wrote:

Glad you had a good vacation!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 2:39 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:

Glad to see you back sister, it's always good to read your posts.

And another legend has passed . . . rest in peace, EVH.
Sad
alldatndensum wrote:
I was totally blown away by the news of Eddie's passing.  He is like the Elvis of our generation.  He inspired thousands to play and many to excel in their craft.  They had a unique style and sound that no one ever quite copied.  Van Halen were originals, and that is saying something in a time where everything else is so derivative or cookie cutter.  Whether it be Van Halen or Van Hagar, they were one of a kind and cannot go on without Eddie.  While brother Alex was a big part of the band, Eddie was their heart and soul.

I knew EVH had been fighting cancer, but thought he had it mostly under control, so it was a bit of a shock to me.  I completely agree with comparing him as the "Elvis of our generation".

Admin
alldatndensum

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 5:16 pm

Xid wrote:
rockerVu2 wrote:

Glad you had a good vacation!

I am also glad that you had a nice vacation.

Sadly, we had to cancel a week at the beach because of this COVID crap.  I don't know if the travel insurance company will give us a refund or not.  Since I filled the claim, I haven't heard a thing from them.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 10:01 am

Welcome to adulthood where you get angry when they change the layout in the grocery store.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 10:33 am

Welcome to adulthood where you get angry when they change the layout in the grocery store.

Definitely!  They are redoing my local Walmart and I hate it!!!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 11:58 am

I am sitting down today typing out lyrics to songs I am going to be working on.  It is taking a while as their are 18 so far.  It is time consuming, but it is a blessing to have so many to choose from.

rockerVu2 and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 3:56 pm

Oh man, I actually quit shopping at one clothing store several years back because it seemed like every 6 months they were moving half the store around.  Old people hate that!

Staybrite

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 3:57 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I am sitting down today typing out lyrics to songs I am going to be working on.  It is taking a while as their are 18 so far.  It is time consuming, but it is a blessing to have so many to choose from.

Dang, do you usually write that much music?  If that was two years it's like 9 songs a year.  Even when I was playing my guitar 3 to 4 days a week it seemed like I only came up with like 4 or 5 song ideas a year.

Admin
alldatndensum

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 4:14 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Dang, do you usually write that much music?  If that was two years it's like 9 songs a year.  Even when I was playing my guitar 3 to 4 days a week it seemed like I only came up with like 4 or 5 song ideas a year.

All but one of those has been written in the past two years.  I use my Sunday School time to write.  Usually something in the lesson will spur me with a thought.  I try to mix ideas from the lessons into the songs.  I also used to do that with sermons when I was still at my old church. It is my weird and wacky way of taking notes.  So, you are correct that I have written almost 9 songs per year.  This year isn't over, either!

Here are the songs I typed up today before my ADD took over:

Six-Stringed Servant - A true story about a guy who couldn't read but could play a guitar.  He wanted to serve the Lord, so his church asked him to lead the music.  He had to have his wife teach him the lyrics to songs and he memorized them so he could serve.

I'm In Trouble - A song about getting ourselves into trouble when we don't pray and stay close to the Lord, and then we have to pray to get ourselves out of the mess we made.

Cordelia - Another true story about a drug dealer from Memphis who turned her life around because of a local church.

Beware The Devil - A warning about Satan.

Shout It Out Loud - A song about Christians keeping the gospel to themselves when we need to shout it out loud!

The Congregation - About a dead congregation.  I took some of the worse traits of people in churches I have served in and made it seem like it was one particular church.  They are dead but think they are alive.  Based off the letters to the seven churches in Revelation.

Shop Rags & Weeds - A Christmas song!  It is about Joseph feeling unable to care for Mary and having to put her in a barn in more modern terms.  Instead of the comforts of a home, all they had were shop rags and weeds (swaddling cloths and hay).

Our God Is Jealous For You - A worship song, but not in the modern sense.  It is written to really help connect someone feeling like God doesn't listen or care to the fact that God is jealous for you and is seeking you even when you don't think He is near.

Staybrite, rockerVu2 and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 7:36 am

Quote :
Glad to see you back sister, it's always good to read your posts.

That means much to me that you like to red my posts Gary.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next