Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+13
messiaen77
ishmael81
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
Fundy
BearDad
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
alldatndensum
xenonlion
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 4:26 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
If he bites you, then bite him back.  That will stop him.

I can't bring myself to hurt the little guy.  If it was one of my children I would have swatted him on the rear.  Something different about being a grandparent, you just want the spoil the dickens out of them. 

(yes pun fully intended)

How about if he bites you, smack his parents Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 5:48 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
What wasn't scary? The van part, the trailer part or the seven canoes part?

The trailer with seven canoes part. I've driven a van many times before, so that wasn't a worry, but the rest was.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:26 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
If he bites you, then bite him back.  That will stop him.

I can't bring myself to hurt the little guy.  If it was one of my children I would have swatted him on the rear.  Something different about being a grandparent, you just want the spoil the dickens out of them. 

(yes pun fully intended)

How about if he bites you, smack his parents Very Happy
Or you can bite them.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23610
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 7:25 am

I've got the joy of trying to find an electrician.  We lost power in half of the house last night and now our stove still isn't working.  The central system is out as well even though I have checked those breakers.  I'm starting to think that we have a couple of bare wires somewhere that may have touched.  If we had a mouse in the house, that might do it.

I know enough about electricity to change a light switch, breaker, or light fixture; but I know nothing about the actual wiring.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 1:24 pm

I had to miss an inservice at school today to wait around for electricians who don't call you back.  I did get one to call me back and he thinks the problem is water in the drop lines from the pole to the meter.  He even called the local power company for me to get it checked.  If we're still having problems, then he will come out and see what is going on. 

While waiting, I did get to work on two guitar necks I've been wanting to do for a while but haven't had time.  I also finished weed eating my yard after I mowed yesterday.  We've had so much rain that the grass will probably need cutting again the first of the week.  Man, what happened to miserable hot, dry summers where I don't have to mow???  LOL

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23612
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 1:37 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
 I also finished weed eating my yard after I mowed yesterday.  We've had so much rain that the grass will probably need cutting again the first of the week.  Man, what happened to miserable hot, dry summers where I don't have to mow???  LOL

I has been so dry here I haven't had to mow in two weeks!  I afraid we are going to dry up and blow away if it doesn't rain soon.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3141
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 2:46 pm

It doesn't matter if it rains here or not -- my wife demands a green lawn and we have a well pump on our yard. She waters the grass EVERY day so I have to cut it once a week, even when it is dry. What I like about it is it's free water and I don't have to worry about city water (although the house is hooked to city water). I also use it to wash the vehicles.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 3:41 pm

It has been a couple of years now, but by this time in July I used to only have to mow once or maybe twice during the month.  For several years, our summers were so hot and dry that my yard would be brown and dead during this time with just a few slotches of healthy grass that needed mowing.  I would more spot mow than anything.  The last two summers have been much cooler and wetter making my grass (or grass/weed combo) thrive.

Mike, I don't forsee myself ever watering the grass just to keep it green.  That just increases my work by making me have to mow more.  Not happening!

Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 8:09 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I had to miss an inservice at school today to wait around for electricians who don't call you back.  I did get one to call me back and he thinks the problem is water in the drop lines from the pole to the meter.  He even called the local power company for me to get it checked.  If we're still having problems, then he will come out and see what is going on. 

While waiting, I did get to work on two guitar necks I've been wanting to do for a while but haven't had time.  I also finished weed eating my yard after I mowed yesterday.  We've had so much rain that the grass will probably need cutting again the first of the week.  Man, what happened to miserable hot, dry summers where I don't have to mow???  LOL

What does it taste like?
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 2:38 pm

13 and 14 year olds are so awkward. I forget they're teenagers sometimes. 17 is pretty weird, too. I'm kinda squished between being a child and an adult and it's really weird.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5572
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 4:45 pm

I thought 17 was the perfect age.  Old enough to have a job but not old enough to pay taxes.  Old enough for responsibility but not old enough to be fully responsible.  If you do something stupid and somebody asks why, you just point at yourself and say, "Teenager."
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
xenonlion

xenonlion

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 5:30 pm

That's true.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 7:56 pm

I tried replacing a back window on a Chevy Express van. It would be pretty easy, except for the stripped screws that I can't remove! Gah! Otherwise, it's very simple. I wanted to have it done tonight, but for various reasons, I couldn't finish.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2121
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 10:45 pm

Driven wrote:
I tried replacing a back window on a Chevy Express van. It would be pretty easy, except for the stripped screws that I can't remove! Gah! Otherwise, it's very simple. I wanted to have it done tonight, but for various reasons, I couldn't finish.

Sounds like it's time to drill and tap
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 3:26 pm

Boy howdy, is this one weird mamma-jamma.
Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 4:03 pm

There is a certain band out there that is constantly name dropping Michael Sweet and Stryper just because they opened for them a couple of times (maybe a couple, maybe just 1x?) when they were in their state...

Gets a little annoying after a while, honestly...to the point where I won't even listen to them anymore because I am so sick of it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 6:44 pm

Who hasn't opened for Stryper.  I opened for Stryper once and I'm not even a musician like the guys in Stryper.  Of course I was dreaming Stryper, but that shouldn't make any Stryper difference.

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 7:11 pm

Nice, SB...nice Smile

You probably know who I am talking about too
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 7:40 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:
Nice, SB...nice Smile

You probably know who I am talking about too

Probably.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5375
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 1:04 am

I've been doing a family tree over the past seven or eight years.  On Sunday my Aunt came down and brought me a photo of my great grandfather.  He died in his late twenties and we thought that no one had a picture of him, but thanks to her daughter they managed to find it in a box of old stuff they were about to throw out!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 10:37 am

Fundy wrote:
I've been doing a family tree over the past seven or eight years.  On Sunday my Aunt came down and brought me a photo of my great grandfather.  He died in his late twenties and we thought that no one had a picture of him, but thanks to her daughter they managed to find it in a box of old stuff they were about to throw out!

Very cool, didn't he fight in the American Revolutionary War (on the British side obviously)?  lol!
On a more serious side can you scan and post it?

Fundy

Number of posts : 5375
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 1:57 pm

Random Ramblings Thomas11

He died when he was just 27.  Train accident I think...  Left a wife and two very young kids (both under 4...)

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 2:31 pm

Very cool old photo, bummer to hear he left a family behind (especially at such a young age).  Does he look a little like you (or you like him)?

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9973
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 8:58 pm

I'm afraid to do a family tree thing... since my family is full of depression and stuff.  My Mom's uncle was one of the first people to ever hijack an airplane.  Gee, so proud of my history Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3141
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 5:22 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I'm afraid to do a family tree thing... since my family is full of depression and stuff.  My Mom's uncle was one of the first people to ever hijack an airplane.  Gee, so proud of my history Rolling Eyes
I didn't know you were related to D.B. Cooper, that's interesting!

Random Ramblings 9d7d4eef5a11f7264a8fee19230213d4

While FBI investigators have stated from the beginning that Cooper probably did not survive his risky jump,[5] the agency maintains an active case file—which has grown to more than 60 volumes[6]—and continues to solicit creative ideas and new leads from the public. "Maybe a hydrologist can use the latest technology to trace the $5,800 in ransom money found in 1980 to where Cooper landed upstream," suggested Special Agent Larry Carr, leader of the investigation team since 2006. "Or maybe someone just remembers that odd uncle."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next