Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+13
messiaen77
ishmael81
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
Fundy
BearDad
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
alldatndensum
xenonlion
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Random Ramblings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 9:05 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I'm afraid to do a family tree thing... since my family is full of depression and stuff.  My Mom's uncle was one of the first people to ever hijack an airplane.  Gee, so proud of my history Rolling Eyes
I didn't know you were related to D.B. Cooper, that's interesting!

Random Ramblings - Page 2 9d7d4eef5a11f7264a8fee19230213d4

While FBI investigators have stated from the beginning that Cooper probably did not survive his risky jump,[5] the agency maintains an active case file—which has grown to more than 60 volumes[6]—and continues to solicit creative ideas and new leads from the public. "Maybe a hydrologist can use the latest technology to trace the $5,800 in ransom money found in 1980 to where Cooper landed upstream," suggested Special Agent Larry Carr, leader of the investigation team since 2006. "Or maybe someone just remembers that odd uncle."

You mean "Dan Cooper"?  That was the alias that he gave when he purchased his ticket.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 3:15 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Very cool old photo, bummer to hear he left a family behind (especially at such a young age).  Does he look a little like you (or you like him)?

Maybe he looks a bit like me, although I'm not black and white, I'm full colour  Very Happy Mad lol!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 4:30 pm

For a second, I thought Fundy was Kerrick. *laughs and cries*
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 5:14 pm

Fundy wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Very cool old photo, bummer to hear he left a family behind (especially at such a young age).  Does he look a little like you (or you like him)?

Maybe he looks a bit like me, although I'm not black and white, I'm full colour  Very Happy Mad lol!

Don't you mean full "color"?  Sheesh when are you Brit's gonna learn how to spell!  Next you'll want to spell recognize and authorized with an "s" instead of a "z".

True story my son and I were watching this show called "Wolf Blood" and it takes place in Britian (somewhere) which is good since it is all British actors.  And these kids were in "hospital" and I saw a sign on the wall that read "Authorised Persons Only".  Got me to thinking....what words do Brits use the letter "zed" for?

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 5:18 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Fundy wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Don't you mean full "color"?  Sheesh when are you Brit's gonna learn how to spell!  Next you'll want to spell recognize and authorized with an "s" instead of a "z".

True story my son and I were watching this show called "Wolf Blood" and it takes place in Britian (somewhere) which is good since it is all British actors.  And these kids were in "hospital" and I saw a sign on the wall that read "Authorised Persons Only".  Got me to thinking....what words do Brits use the letter "zed" for?

zebra
zucchini
zygote
zygomatic
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 5:43 pm

xenonlion wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Fundy wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

zebra
zucchini
zygote
zygomatic

You can't answer....you're not British.  I am fairly certain they don't have zebras or zucchini in G.B.  Instead they have sebra and succhini.  Not sure about zygotes, they might have those....they are only an island nation but I think they have several kinds of goats.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 8:51 pm

Man, I am getting good at shopping at Goodwill!  I bought a new (to me) computer chair for the living room about a month ago for $10.  Today, I got a new computer chair for my study/studio, a beautiful wine box from California that is at least 16 years old, and a cool Parcheesi set with a wooden box all for the bargain price of $11!  The Parcheesi box and the wine box will someday become guitars!  The computer chair will have my big butt sitting in it!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 10:20 am

That wine box will be a very cool wine box guitar.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 3:47 pm

I'm in a really good mood today.  And I don't think it is because my mother-in-law just left to go back home after spending nearly 240 hours staying with us.
Very Happy

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 9:59 am

I'm off to see Tesla, Styx, and Def Leppard tonight. I'm not sure why.  scratch

While I like Styx' and DL's older stuff, I don't own anything more recent than Kilroy and Hysteria, and the only Tesla I have is the greatest hits CD from 1995! I'll still have a good time and enjoy the music, but I won't know any of the newer songs. Did I say newer!? HA! The Tesla CD I have is 20 years old, while the "newest" Styx and DL CDs I have are over 30 years old!!!  

Suddenly I feel very old. Sad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 11:43 am

Most of those bands don't play many of their newer songs in concert.  They know most of the fans came to hear their 80's hits.  I saw Poison about a decade ago and I never owned any of their albums, still I recognized at least 80% of their set list.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 12:41 pm

It's here very warm and last days we've gotten thunderstorms.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 4:34 pm

I am nervous and excited about entering one of my guitars into the fair.  Sadly, I have to wait until Friday when the fair begins to find out if I won in my category.  The category was:  Amateur Wood Working.  I chose amater instead of professional as I have now built 8 of these and have only sold two.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 7:50 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Most of those bands don't play many of their newer songs in concert.  They know most of the fans came to hear their 80's hits.  I saw Poison about a decade ago and I never owned any of their albums, still I recognized at least 80% of their set list.

Not a single song from Tesla's set was post-80's LOL! Every one of the is on the 1995 greatest hits CD.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 6:46 am

Q:  How do you know when the next song at a classic rock band's concert is gonna suck?

A:  When they say, "And this is from our new album..."

lol!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 9:54 am

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Not a single song from Tesla's set was post-80's LOL! Every one of the is on the 1995 greatest hits CD.

Haha I'm not at all surprised!

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 11:35 am

Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Haha I'm not at all surprised!

All of Styx' songs were from prior to Kilroy as well.  Def Leppard, however, did two or three that I didn't recognize, and judging by the crowd's lack of response I suspect they were from the forth-coming album. Sadly, Joe's voice was not in top form; he called it a "touch of laryngitis" and said that his "top end" was gone. Any songs from the 80's with high, "screaming" vocals ... which is just about all of them, sound like a tape with just music and background singers! LOL!  He tried ... when listening very carefully I could here him, but it was barely there.  It was like an internal muting switch would get hit when he went from "normal" range to "80's rocker" range.

Overall the better performances were by Tesla and Styx, IMO, but it was quite clear that it was DL's show.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 12:36 pm

How did it go?
Your cigar box guitars on the fair?
Did you have sold one ... or maybe more?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 9:42 pm

I won't find out until the fair actually starts.  With all the different exhibits that you can enter items into from canning, needlepoint, painting, photography, woodworking, etc., you get a lot of people that enter.  The fair board judges all of the entries prior to the fair opening and the ribbons will be on display during the whole event.  We took the guitar this past Saturday but will not know if we won anything until this coming Friday when the Wilson Co. Fair will open.  First place in each category gets a ribbon and $10, 2nd gets a ribbon and $7, and 3rd gets a ribbon and $5.  Everyone else just gets their work displayed during the fair.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 9:36 am

Saw Michael Sweet this past Saturday at an acoustic solo gig.  He was interacting with the crowd, taking some request and joking around as well.  I thought about asking him to play something from Robert's Love Trash album or a Joshua tune  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 1:50 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Saw Michael Sweet this past Saturday at an acoustic solo gig.  He was interacting with the crowd, taking some request and joking around as well.  I thought about asking him to play something from Robert's Love Trash album or a Joshua tune  Very Happy

Oh man, he might have had you thrown out of the show for that one.  I'm willing to bet he doesn't even know any of Joshua's songs.
lol!

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Tuesday we've climbed to the top of a mountain.
The way to the top was steep and down hill was heavy too.
The view on the top was awesome.

Yesterday we went to a glacier.
It's very impressive to see all the snow and ice.
But it makes me sad to see the glaciers are melting.
To protect the glacier in the summer they put big white fleece blankets on the vunerable parts of the glacier.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 6:15 am

It will refreeze in the winter.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 8:40 am

Searching for a new home is always fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:20 am

I was unaware until yesterday that if you have an opinion about not allowing dogs (not counting service dogs) into retail stores with a deli, fast food restaurant, bakery, and groceries made you a judgmental, hate-filled person who needed to question their Christianity.  Who knew?

lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next