Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+16
MikeInFla
Guilty/Forgiven
dale434445
ishmael81
Fundy
rockerVu2
oteis
BearDad
Staybrite
Driven
Xid
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Through The Dark Radio
topshot rhit
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

What are you watching? - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 10:37 am

A Quiet Place.  Meh, it was entertaining but quite predictable/generic and had a TON of plot-holes that made it impossible for me to suspend any disbelief.  It was well directed and acted, and I appreciate the fact that it remained suspenseful without being gross - and had zero sex, nudity, or bad language.  It had too many jump-scares just to keep it "scary" which felt quite cheap.

All in all, it was a decent flick and I'd recommend renting it if you've got nothing else better to do, but it certainly is no masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 9:21 pm

The first episode of season two of A Series Of Unfortunate Events

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 2:51 pm

kerrick wrote:
A Quiet Place.  Meh, it was entertaining but quite predictable/generic and had a TON of plot-holes that made it impossible for me to suspend any disbelief.  It was well directed and acted, and I appreciate the fact that it remained suspenseful without being gross - and had zero sex, nudity, or bad language.  It had too many jump-scares just to keep it "scary" which felt quite cheap.

All in all, it was a decent flick and I'd recommend renting it if you've got nothing else better to do, but it certainly is no masterpiece.

Not exactly a glowing endorsement there.  I'm probably going to pass.  Laughing

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 3:02 am

Off to see "RAMPAGE" tonight!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 5:14 am

I watched half of Heartbreak Ridge, then fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 8:30 am

Watched a bunch of Food Network last night
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 2:54 pm

Fundy wrote:
Off to see "RAMPAGE" tonight!

My wife and youngest son watched it yesterday.  Said you had to suspend all belief in reality, but at least it was fun.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 1:55 pm

Watched Suburbicon last night with the wife.  Weird.  Didn't realize until it was over that it was written by the Coen brothers (that explains a lot).  Not a complete waste of time, but something about it was a bit "unsatisfying"....if that makes any sense.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 6:12 am

AVENGERS:  INFINITY WAR

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 8:16 pm

In a couple of hours I'll be going in to see Avengers:Infinity War Imax 3D.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 9:55 pm

I can't do IMAX.  Something about watching movies on IMAX makes me motion sick.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 3:28 pm

So then, what did you think of the movie, or even better yet...the ending.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 6:31 pm

I'm going with my wife to watch Labyrinth tonight at the movie theater.  I'm kind of excited because I never saw it in the theater when it was initially released.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 2:51 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I'm going with my wife to watch Labyrinth tonight at the movie theater.  I'm kind of excited because I never saw it in the theater when it was initially released.

That was great!  Saw in a preview that Fathom events is going to bring the Tom Hanks movie "Big" back to the theater for a few nights this July.  Going to have to go see that one too.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 5:40 pm

Hardkore wrote:
So then, what did you think of the movie, or even better yet...the ending.

To be honest, the ending was what I was expecting.  A little research into the Thanos storyline let me know what to expect and to whom.  I also suspected the part they did in the during credits scene.  This definitely felt like Marvel has been aiming for this movie from the get-go.

I love the character development of Thanos in this.  This to me has been the weakest point of some Marvel films was the build up of the villians.  The villians in the 2nd Iron Man and even Ultron just felt rushed and weak.  This was definitely a story about Thanos that had all the heroes in it.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Avengers 4 with the inclusion of Captain Marvel in it.  I am betting that she and Ant Man are the two main heroes of that movie.

Last edited by alldatndensum on Tue May 01, 2018 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 2:47 pm

Tried to watch "The Big Sick" on Amazon last night.  It had been recommended by several people.  About 20 minutes into it we turned it off due to an overwhelming feeling of boredom.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 6:50 pm

Staybrite wrote:

I have to confess. I have't even seen Labyrinth yet. I will soon though. I just added it to my Netflix "Q".
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 9:28 pm

Saw Infinity War again tonight!  Still just as amazing!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 11:52 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I have to confess. I have't even seen Labyrinth yet. I will soon though. I just added it to my Netflix "Q".

It's very dated, and it seems to take itself a bit too seriously sometimes.  Campy, but really fun IMO.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 8:11 pm

Tremors : A Cold Day in Hell

This time they go to the Canadian Arctic. Yep, graboids in Canada.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Avengers IW

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 8:56 pm

Some of the new Lost In Space, Series of Unfortunate Events, and a little of the sit-com Superstore.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 2:51 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Some of the new Lost In Space, Series of Unfortunate Events, and a little of the sit-com Superstore.

I get a big kick out of Superstore, my son recommended the new Lost in Space....I've added it to my Netflix favorites,  will need to check it out soon.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 10:31 pm

season 1 of The 100.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 9:38 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I get a big kick out of Superstore, my son recommended the new Lost in Space....I've added it to my Netflix favorites,  will need to check it out soon.

I am now up to episode 6 of Lost In Space.  I am loving it!  It isn't campy like the original, but still retains just enough familiarity to make it fun.  The robot is much more complex now.  Dr. Smith is more than just a little sneaky--she is a downright cold and calculated manipulator/murderer.  Will is just as naive, and Penny is still a boy-crazy girl who can do her job but bores easily and needs some adventure.  Mom and dad Robinson are a little different.  John is still a former military man and Maureen is definitely the lead scientist of the family.  But, in this version, they were nearing divorce before launching into space making this family unit strained despite their situations.

People are fussing because it isn't exactly like the original.  Face it--that's what reboots do.  I went into this realizing that it is going to be changed.  For me, it has been a change for the better.

I also never made the connection that their ship, the Jupiter VI, was where Jimmy Brown got the name for his band by the same name.  It makes sense now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 27 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next