Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+16
MikeInFla
Guilty/Forgiven
dale434445
ishmael81
Fundy
rockerVu2
oteis
BearDad
Staybrite
Driven
Xid
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Through The Dark Radio
topshot rhit
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What are you watching? - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 10:46 am

I Can Only Imagine

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 10:50 am

Varlerian and the City of a Thousand Planets......meh

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Staybrite wrote:

For such a big budget sci-fi movie, that had to be the SLOWEST story I've seen in a while.  I have watched it once, and that was more than enough.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 10:42 pm

I Can Only Imagine

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2018 7:50 am

topshot rhit wrote:
I Can Only Imagine

How did you like it, Michael?  My wife and I thought it was done very well.  Dennis Quaid does an excellent job at playing Bart's abusive father.  During the latter half of the film, there were not many dry eyes in the theater.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:23 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

For such a big budget sci-fi movie, that had to be the SLOWEST story I've seen in a while.  I have watched it once, and that was more than enough.

I have to agree.  Also poorly developed characters.  After about 40 minutes of movie I didn't care if anyone was victorious.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 8:34 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:
I Can Only Imagine
How did you like it, Michael?  My wife and I thought it was done very well.  Dennis Quaid does an excellent job at playing Bart's abusive father.  During the latter half of the film, there were not many dry eyes in the theater.
Agree 100%. I was surprised how well done it was.

Murder on the Orient Express

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 6:18 am

Finished up season 2 of Jessica Jones.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 11:16 am

We're on season 3 of White Collar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 5:52 pm

Watching "Hard Sun" on Hulu.  The show that can't decide if it wasn't to be a SciFi apocalypse suspense show or a cop drama.

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 8:20 pm

Forged In Fire
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 3:10 pm

Just got my ticket to go see Ready Player One tonight!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 4:03 pm

Hardkore wrote:

I hope this is half as good as I want it to be.  Looking forward to hearing what you thought of it.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 6:41 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

I hope this is half as good as I want it to be.  Looking forward to hearing what you thought of it.
There were screenings for this last week in London. So far, I have read nothing but good things about it.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 11:29 pm

That was Awesome! This is a must see! There was LOADS of nostalgia thru the whole movie! While most of it was fairly straight forward and serious, there were some moments that you won't be able to help but laugh at it. A very well put together movie in this. One of the main reasons to see it again is to see more of the 80's nostalgia that tends to go by in a blur. They are basically "blink and you missed it" moments, while others are fairly in your face and essential to the movie.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 11:12 am

Off to see Ready Player One in an hour!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 12:33 pm

Fundy wrote:
Off to see Ready Player One in an hour!
Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 2:49 pm

Hardkore wrote:
That was Awesome! This is a must see! There was LOADS of nostalgia thru the whole movie! While most of it was fairly straight forward and serious, there were some moments that you won't be able to help but laugh at it. A very well put together movie in this. One of the main reasons to see it again is to see more of the 80's nostalgia that tends to go by in a blur. They are basically "blink and you missed it" moments, while others are fairly in your face and essential to the movie.

Very cool!

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 2:18 am

Great film.  So many references to my/our youth.  There were indeed "blink and you miss it" moments.  Favourite 'little' moment for me was the ship from Silient Running, and the whole King Kong bit was awesome, which would have been incredible to see in 3D.  We saw it in 2D because we don't really like 3D that much, but this movie could possibly have been awesome in 3D... if anyone did watch it that way, then let me know!  Oh, and it was funny too... just the right amount of humour laced through the whole film.

However, over here it was given a 12a rating (which means anyone below 12 can watch it if they go with an adult).  That was totally wrong.  Whilst most of it was fine, there were a few scenes that should quite easily have been a 15.  A mum who took her two sons (both around the 8 - 10 age mark) said to them on the way out that it was too scary for them.  I tend to agree.  My nine year old would have hated some of it for that reason.

Still, for us adults it was great!  7.5/10

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 8:12 am

Fundy wrote:
Great film.  So many references to my/our youth.  There were indeed "blink and you miss it" moments.  Favourite 'little' moment for me was the ship from Silient Running, and the whole King Kong bit was awesome, which would have been incredible to see in 3D.  We saw it in 2D because we don't really like 3D that much, but this movie could possibly have been awesome in 3D... if anyone did watch it that way, then let me know!  Oh, and it was funny too... just the right amount of humour laced through the whole film.

However, over here it was given a 12a rating (which means anyone below 12 can watch it if they go with an adult).  That was totally wrong.  Whilst most of it was fine, there were a few scenes that should quite easily have been a 15.  A mum who took her two sons (both around the 8 - 10 age mark) said to them on the way out that it was too scary for them.  I tend to agree.  My nine year old would have hated some of it for that reason.

Still, for us adults it was great!  7.5/10
The 3D was pretty good. It varied between the "'real world" and the VR world.The real world was a fairly mild 3D while the VR world was more of a medium to medium-strong 3D. The VR world was pretty good but I thought it could have been better.

I agree with you on those few scenes. They basically referenced another movie while in this movie. While it was fairly cool for us older folks who are familiar with the other movie, it would still be scary for the younger ones.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 9:13 pm

I'm Not Ashamed (pretty decent film about Columbine victim)

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 9:40 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
I'm Not Ashamed (pretty decent film about Columbine victim)

We took our youth at church to see this when it was still in theaters.

Tonight, we saw:

God's Not Dead:  A Light In The Darkness 

This was a different type of movie than the previous films.  While this one definitely talks about standing up for our faith, it also leans more towards making the love of Christ real through living sacrificially.  Instead of fighting for our rights, perhaps we should lay down our lives first.  I won't say more lest I give away everything about the film.  If you have seen the other two, I would highly recommend this!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 3:33 pm

Ready Player One

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 4:55 pm

Saw Ready Player One again but in Imax 3D this time.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 11:00 pm

Last Flag Flying (lots of bad language, but that aside pretty decent film)

Atomic Blonde (quit half way through, horrid)

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 26 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next