Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
mr.electric40
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Jen5
rockerVu2
Dynamis
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Driven
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Random Ramblings - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 9:21 am

My grandson's parents are talking with the company my son-in-law is working for to go abroad for two years.
Tuesday's never will be the same anymore.
For me it's hard.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 2:08 pm

That's hard. It will be a wonderful experience for them, but very hard not to see them for all that time.   Sad
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Paying them taxes  affraid
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 3:57 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Paying them taxes  affraid

I've got to do that this week....not at all looking forward to it.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 6:35 pm

We still need to file ours.  I will get it done this week.

I finished recording my next video.  I just need to edit it now.  I am thinking of using a Mission Of One song for the intro and outro.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 7:06 pm

Though I can't remember the last time I did a tax form, I remember many nights spent filling them out. I feel your pain guys. Our system is very different. Most ordinary folks here don't need to file. Their work submits the income and it all gets done automatically. We then fill out a one-page form listing any private childcare or donations that we made and that's it. If you're in business or have a complicated income, then you need to fill out forms to China, but most folks have pretty simple income from a job and interest from the banks (which also gets submitted automatically). You then get a print out that says, "This is what was calculated. You okay with that?" If yes, then that's that. I guess it's simpler because we have no capital gains tax (though they're debating that now. It'll be awful if they introduce that) and we're much smaller.
When they first started the system, I didn't like that control was being taken from me, but the reality is that the whole thing is transparent so after a couple of years, I decided that it's actually pretty neat.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2019 9:02 pm

I'm going to have to get on my taxes this year. In Quebec, we have to fill out a provincial and a federal form. The other provinces, as far as I know, have a unified form.

I've lived at several different addresses over the past year, so it's a challenge to get copies of all of my tax slips. These are the joys of working in a co-op program where you're in and out of school every 4 months to work.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2019 11:02 pm

I hope you get deductions for being a student??!!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2019 9:58 am

We had our taxes done by H&R Block since I'm in Pennsylvania, my wife is in Texas and we sold our house in Texas.  So lots of stuff from different places  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Well here we are on day 8, roof still not complete. It's like they put on 2 or 3 shingles then call it a day.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2019 3:02 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Well here we are on day 8, roof still not complete. It's like they put on 2 or 3 shingles then call it a day.

Oh man how frustrating.  Back when I was roofing if we took longer than 5 days to do a roof for a single family residence everyone got really restless and annoyed.

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2019 8:30 pm

Jen5 wrote:
I hope you get deductions for being a student??!!

I usually get a refund and a solidarity (poorness) credit. This upcoming year may be different, though, as I am working for 8 months.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 8:54 am

My wife and I went to a hockey game last night (Hershey Bears vs. Springfield Thunderbirds).  It's been a few years since our last hockey game outing.  It was fun to see live hockey again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 9:45 am

I am going to start collecting footage to do my first music video.  I am going to do one for "Walmart Blues".  This should be fun to do!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 8:48 pm

Jen, how does New Zealand make such good lamb?
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 5:05 am

Driven wrote:
Jen, how does New Zealand make such good lamb?
We don't have many barns. The sheep are free run in paddocks 365 days a year. They eat grass and all the great plants that grow in the grass like clover and cress. In winter they get fed silage (like fermented hay) and hay when the grass isn't growing as well. Also, the use of HGP (a hormone) is not allowed in NZ sheep so what you're eating is just good old fashioned lamb.
Sheep are big business here. There's over 20 million sheep in this country! That's more than 5 sheep for every person and more than three times as many sheep in the US and Canada combined! So I guess the short answer to your question is "practice."    Smile

Glad you enjoyed your lamb.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 9:29 am

I like lamb too.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 12:48 pm

We are going to have supper and see a movie with my brother's daughter today. She is turning 19.  My brother got her a car (please don't say anything on Facebook for those of you who know him).  We did some maintenance on it like new wiper blades, changing the oil/filter, air filter, and got the dash lights fixed.  It is a 2003 Ford Taurus.  It isn't a bad running car at all.  I think she will be proud as this is her first set of wheels.

While in Cookville, TN, I am going to hit up the Walmart there and shoot more footage for my "Walmart Blues" song.  It is going to be cheesy fun.  If it looks cheesy when I finish the video, then I will have succeeded as that is what I am going for!

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 1:07 pm

Bring on the CHEESE!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 9:43 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
We are going to have supper and see a movie with my brother's daughter today. She is turning 19.  My brother got her a car (please don't say anything on Facebook for those of you who know him).  We did some maintenance on it like new wiper blades, changing the oil/filter, air filter, and got the dash lights fixed.  It is a 2003 Ford Taurus.  It isn't a bad running car at all.  I think she will be proud as this is her first set of wheels.

I wouldn't spring for a 2003 car up here, but we have tons of road salt and awful roads. I don't think it's so much the case in TN. I have a 2006 car with 190k miles (290k km) on it and the body looks worse every year. I just sank $700 into getting it into working condition. Older cars can seem inexpensive, but they can snap on ya pretty quickly. I hope the Taurus stays good for her Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 6:14 am

I still have to finish shooting footage for my video of "Walmart Blues".  I still need to do my lip synching, and I still need a few more silly shots.  I also need to reshoot my section where I am trying on sunglasses just to get that right.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 8:14 am

How does Wal Mart feel about this?  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 11:41 am

Nothing new back home except for several large chemical storage tanks are on fire . . . . just another week in the Houston area  cyclops
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 9:10 pm

Black Rider wrote:
How does Wal Mart feel about this?  Very Happy

Ummmmm........what they don't know won't kill them!

Besides, there is nothing negative in the song about the company.  If anything, it is a usable way to advertise themselves.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 8:08 am

And it can't be worse then the people of Wal Mart photos. You should get a stipend from them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 28 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next