Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
mr.electric40
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Jen5
rockerVu2
Dynamis
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Driven
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 9:27 pm

Staybrite wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
I am enjoying the CSB.  It seems to be translated in a way that is super easy to read while being structured in a way to make it easier to follow a preacher/teacher in church that is reading from the KJV or NKJV.

I have never heard of the CSB version. Is it the Cartoon SpongeBob version? clown

CSB = Confederate Southern Baptist version.  Laughing

All jokes aside, it stands for Christian Standard Bible.  It is the updated version of the Holman Christian Standard Bible.  They tweaked a few things and dropped the Holman name from it.

Ok, now bring the jokes back in!  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 9:29 am

Well it appears Hurricane Michael has claimed another victim - our only mall, the Panama City Mall. It will not reopen. There are some nice stores on the beach but traffic in that area is so bad. It's only about 12 miles away but around a 45 minute drive. No thanks. Guess Amazon will have to be my store of choice from here on out.

It seems that a lot of malls are disappearing.

I actually watch a guy on YouTube that goes into dead malls and he walks around in them. I saw this pic online and thought it looked cool and eerie at the same time. The ceiling had collapsed and it snowed inside the mall (and no, this isn't the PC Mall).

Random Ramblings - Page 15 1-snowy-abandoned%20mall

I'm gonna miss our mall. It wasn't great but we all loved to go there and shop or walk around from time to time. FYE was still there but i never bought anything there anyway.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 9:46 am

Yeah, our mall closed at the end of March.  The movie theaters are still open and I took my kids to the free kids movies over the summer.  It was so surreal to walk through it with all of the empty stores.  I haven't really been a mall person since college, but it's like another part of my childhood is dying with every mall that closes.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 6:52 pm

I used to love going to the mall with all the sights, sounds, etc.  I went to one in Antioch, TN (suburb of Nashville) for years simply because it had two music stores and a Family Christian Store when they had a ton of music.  I bought a lot of stuff from all three of those places back in the day.  Sadly, the only bookstores around now that have Christian music (Lifeway) have no clue that anything outside of CCM exists anymore.  It is so sad.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 7:23 pm

We still have 5 large relatively busy indoor Malls within about 40 miles of my house (and a 6th about 50 miles North).  I might be because it rains a lot here, and people like to be able to shop indoors where they can stay drier.  One of them even went through a recent costly renovation and added a large indoor theater and a second floor over about 75% of it's footprint.  Seattle has one of the oldest (or possibly the oldest) indoor shopping mall  (that's the one about 50 miles North of me), Northgate Mall was built in 1950 and is still being used today.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 7:26 pm

We have one main mall in my city. It seems to be doing alright. The floor plan is a bit weird. Since it's built on a hill like everything else here, there's a main floor and a partial lower level with a food court and a few shops.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 9:13 pm

Shipping costs to Canada are atrocious!  It cost me literally $10 to ship ONE CD in a jewel case to someone who bought one of the remaining Mission Of One CDs I had.  That's insane!

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 1:56 am

Yup, I have a music buddy up in the Great White North and we occasionally did VCLTs back and forth.
For any not in the Vinyl Community on YT, that stands for Love Train... why, I don't know. But most VC members do VCLTs which is a random gifting of albums to another member. They then open the package live on their channel and you get to see their excitement and surprise when they discover what you sent them.
Anyways, me and my Canadian bud used to send VCLTs to each other a few times a year, several years ago. These days, maybe once a year now... it's SO expensive that I could just find the albums I want to send him online, buy them and have them shipped to his house - and that would probably be cheaper! LOL !
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 9:52 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Yup, I have a music buddy up in the Great White North and we occasionally did VCLTs back and forth.
For any not in the Vinyl Community on YT, that stands for Love Train... why, I don't know. But most VC members do VCLTs which is a random gifting of albums to another member. They then open the package live on their channel and you get to see their excitement and surprise when they discover what you sent them.
Anyways, me and my Canadian bud used to send VCLTs to each other a few times a year, several years ago. These days, maybe once a year now... it's SO expensive that I could just find the albums I want to send him online, buy them and have them shipped to his house - and that would probably be cheaper! LOL !

And if you have Amazon Prime, shipping is free  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 12:41 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

And if you have Amazon Prime, shipping is free  Very Happy

Yes, but with the exchange rate "free" is actually $6.25 in Canadian dollars.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 2:01 pm

I told my Canuck buddy that it would be cheaper to drive to his house from Californy and hand him some albums than it is to mail them  Razz
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 3:47 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I told my Canuck buddy that it would be cheaper to drive to his house from Californy and hand him some albums than it is to mail them  Razz

If I've told you once I've told you a million times.  Stop exaggerating! jocolor

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 11:06 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

If I've told you once I've told you a million times.  Stop exaggerating! jocolor

I'm literally like totally not completely exactly exaggerating  clown
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 1:45 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

I'm literally like totally not completely exactly exaggerating  clown

I'm super-cereal!!!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 2:37 pm

Hmm... Gary and Guilty/Forgiven might have some doppelgangers here!  There should be a rule against similar names: it'll confuse me!

Users having a birthday today : Garyah (56), IM4given (56) 
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 3:36 pm

kerrick wrote:
Hmm... Gary and Guilty/Forgiven might have some doppelgangers here!  There should be a rule against similar names: it'll confuse me!

Users having a birthday today : Garyah (56), IM4given (56) 

Interesting....both of them appear to be a little older than me and G/F.  And certainly not regular posters at all.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 11:09 am

It's an Invasion Of The Body User Snatchers!   affraid
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 10:38 am

It's been one year since the incident.  Hard to believe.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 3:39 pm

Are you back up to at least 90%?

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 10:21 pm

I seriously had my feelings hurt at school yesterday.  One of the teachers in the SPED department seems to think that she is a pretty, pretty princess.  She treats people like they are her royal subjects. 

Anyway, we are doing a "Secret Santa" think next week.  You know.....you draw names and buy a gift for the person whose name you drew.  Well, this teacher was drawing names as I was walking by her.  She started to say something but stopped as I walked by.  She resumed what she said after I passed as though I wasn't supposed to hear what she said. 

What did she say?  "I hope I don't get..........one of the yucky people."  That took me straight back to elementary school and the way I was ridiculed from then throughout high school.  I know what if feels like to have people treat you like they are kings and you are scum of the earth.  Whether she meant me or others in my department, it doesn't matter.  I lost all respect for her at that moment.  I will complete our Secret Santa event this year, but I won't participate next year if this teacher is involved.  I am done with her and will distance myself from her.  I would hate for her world to be cluttered with "yucky people".

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 11:28 pm

Your response:  Just remember:  You, are somebody else's "yucky" person.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 9:07 am

That's sad to read how a teacher is talking about others.
Maybe she is what she is thinking other people are.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 10:58 am

Staybrite wrote:

Well, I'm running two miles every morning so I guess that's something.  There's still plenty that I need to improve but overall I'm doing well  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 11:00 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I seriously had my feelings hurt at school yesterday.  One of the teachers in the SPED department seems to think that she is a pretty, pretty princess.  She treats people like they are her royal subjects. 

Anyway, we are doing a "Secret Santa" think next week.  You know.....you draw names and buy a gift for the person whose name you drew.  Well, this teacher was drawing names as I was walking by her.  She started to say something but stopped as I walked by.  She resumed what she said after I passed as though I wasn't supposed to hear what she said. 

What did she say?  "I hope I don't get..........one of the yucky people."  That took me straight back to elementary school and the way I was ridiculed from then throughout high school.  I know what if feels like to have people treat you like they are kings and you are scum of the earth.  Whether she meant me or others in my department, it doesn't matter.  I lost all respect for her at that moment.  I will complete our Secret Santa event this year, but I won't participate next year if this teacher is involved.  I am done with her and will distance myself from her.  I would hate for her world to be cluttered with "yucky people".

That's pretty sad that a teacher is like that.  Does she think some of her students are of the "yucky people" variety? If so, she needs to find another job . . . . like president of a homeowner's association  lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 12:03 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Well, I'm running two miles every morning so I guess that's something.  There's still plenty that I need to improve but overall I'm doing well  Very Happy

Your still doing better than me.  I can only make about 30 minutes on the elliptical before I feel like I'm going to pass out.  I really need to work on getting to the gym more than twice a week.

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next