Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
mr.electric40
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Jen5
rockerVu2
Dynamis
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Driven
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Random Ramblings - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 10:24 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Finally getting to where I'm running a mile in less than 13 1/2 minutes.

Hey, you're doing way better than my 20 minute mile!

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Talking of that...

My son said to me today, "Dad, we should get a dog called "four miles", that way we can say we walk four miles every day."

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 3:09 pm

Fundy wrote:
Talking of that...

My son said to me today, "Dad, we should get a dog called "four miles", that way we can say we walk four miles every day."

You make your kids listen to too many bad jokes!  That's gotta be some kind of abuse... I love it!
lol!

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 3:29 pm

Fundy wrote:
Talking of that...

lol lol lol
Now I've got the giggles...kids telling jokes...priceless.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 3:55 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Just remember that you're always passing up the person who's never started.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 4:06 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Just remember that you're always passing up the person who's never started.

Fantastic, I like it!

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 7:48 pm

Driven wrote:
I'm in interview season myself (over reading week, so I have to stay in town... grr...), but I don't have multiple interviews for the same job...

How are the interviews going?  Any promising leads?

I finished my third and final one today (at least for this round, who knows what'll happen next).  It went reasonably well I think, though I'm becoming fairly torn about the job...  It'd allow me to continue working from home, provide good benefits, and I think the pay will be pretty good.  But the specific role isn't something I'm particularly excited for and it'd require up to 30% travel.  :/
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 12:49 am

HELP ME ! I'm addicted to FRANKENBERRY !!! 

Every year we buy a couple boxes, enjoy them, then think nothing more of them. This year for some reason I decided to get a box for snacking right out of the box (I can't stand cereal in milk of any kind)... I'm on my 4th box already  Shocked
SO not good for me, too much sugar. But oh man, I think they put cocaine in them this year cuz I cannot quit ! Haha !

Random Ramblings - Page 9 Enw10
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 11:47 am

Jen5 wrote:
Fundy wrote:
Talking of that...

lol lol lol
Now I've got the giggles...kids telling jokes...priceless.
You've clearly not heard my kids tell a joke.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 1:12 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Every year we buy a couple boxes, enjoy them, then think nothing more of them. This year for some reason I decided to get a box for snacking right out of the box (I can't stand cereal in milk of any kind)... I'm on my 4th box already  Shocked
SO not good for me, too much sugar. But oh man, I think they put cocaine in them this year cuz I cannot quit ! Haha !

Random Ramblings - Page 9 Enw10
But it's got no saturated fats, so you should be good  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 3:12 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Quite frankly I'm surprised it's still legal to sell that in your state. (I didn't know anyone sold it anywhere).
I was never a fan of Frakenberry as I can't stand artificial strawberry flavoring.  I was a big fan of Boo Berry cereal back in the day though.

I can't tell if they got the actual Peter Lorre to do his voice for this commercial or a sound-a-like. (Just looked it up, Lorre died in 1964 so this would have to be an imitator).

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 4:57 pm

Oh man! I haven't seen that stuff since I was a kid. They don't sell it here, but when I was a kid, I had it when I visited my Auntie in Minnesota. There was an amusement park deal where if you had x-number of box tops, you'd get one a free entry. My cousins and I ate that stuff everyday for a week. It started out as good fun, but by week's end we were begging for Shredded Wheat.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 8:38 am

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Quite frankly I'm surprised it's still legal to sell that in your state. (I didn't know anyone sold it anywhere).
I was never a fan of Frakenberry as I can't stand artificial strawberry flavoring.  I was a big fan of Boo Berry cereal back in the day though.

I can't tell if they got the actual Peter Lorre to do his voice for this commercial or a sound-a-like. (Just looked it up, Lorre died in 1964 so this would have to be an imitator).

I think they bring Frankenberry and Count Chocula back for Halloween every year.  I was a HUGE Frankenberry fan when I was a kid.  Wasn't there also a Fruity Pebbles type cereal that was Werewolf themed?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 9:39 am

messiaen77 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

I think they bring Frankenberry and Count Chocula back for Halloween every year.  I was a HUGE Frankenberry fan when I was a kid.  Wasn't there also a Fruity Pebbles type cereal that was Werewolf themed?

Oh wow, I don't remember that at all (but it wouldn't surprise me at all).
Is this it?

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 10:54 am

Yes, the werewolf was the fruity flavored one.  And yes, they bring them back out right before Halloween.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 1:56 pm

kerrick wrote:
Driven wrote:
I'm in interview season myself (over reading week, so I have to stay in town... grr...), but I don't have multiple interviews for the same job...

I finished my third and final one today (at least for this round, who knows what'll happen next).  It went reasonably well I think, though I'm becoming fairly torn about the job...  It'd allow me to continue working from home, provide good benefits, and I think the pay will be pretty good.  But the specific role isn't something I'm particularly excited for and it'd require up to 30% travel.  :/

One or two promising leads, I guess. One would be in my hometown, which is ideal on many fronts. Another is with the Ministry of Transportation, which while not my absolute dream job is very close to what I want to do Very Happy

What's the job you're looking at?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Driven wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Driven wrote:

One or two promising leads, I guess. One would be in my hometown, which is ideal on many fronts. Another is with the Ministry of Transportation, which while not my absolute dream job is very close to what I want to do Very Happy

"Ministry of Transportation" sounds like something out of George Orwell's "1984" novel.  geek

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 4:56 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Driven wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Driven wrote:

"Ministry of Transportation" sounds like something out of George Orwell's "1984" novel.  geek

and Department of Transportation doesn't? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 5:21 pm

Driven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Driven wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Driven wrote:

No.  They are totally different!  lol! 

Everything governmental in the novel "1984" was the Ministry of this or the Ministry of that.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 5:36 pm

In all fairness, a "ministry" is a service.  So the Ministry of Transportation is the Transportation Service.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 12:40 am

Ever feel like some cosmic curtain is going to be pulled back any minute and God is gonna say, "Just kidding, this isn't how your health and circumstances are meant to be", then "ZAP" everything in your life the way you actually imagined it would be as well as all those things you worked for ?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 6:25 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Ever feel like some cosmic curtain is going to be pulled back any minute and God is gonna say, "Just kidding, this isn't how your health and circumstances are meant to be", then "ZAP" everything in your life the way you actually imagined it would be as well as all those things you worked for ?

for your sake, Jim, I wish that was the way things work.  I wish I could take your pain even if only for a day.

In my neck of the woods, it is hard to believe that exactly two weeks ago we were still hitting days with 90 degree temps and this morning I am having to defrost my windows because it is only 32 outside!  We've had all four seasons in two weeks!  If it would spit some snow flurries, I'd feel like we hit winter!!!

Oh, well, I avoided wearing a jacket this long!  Praise the Lord that the weather stayed so warm for so long!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 9:28 am

Yep, it's been chilly the past couple of days up here as well.  Haven't had to break out the gloves and ear muffs though  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 11:57 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Driven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Driven wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Driven wrote:

Everything governmental in the novel "1984" was the Ministry of this or the Ministry of that.
Orwell was British, and all their stuff is "Ministry" and their government people are "ministers".  Makes more sense than "secretary".
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 4:47 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Driven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Driven wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Driven wrote:

Orwell was British, and all their stuff is "Ministry" and their government people are "ministers".  Makes more sense than "secretary".

So does ministry to the poor also sounds like it's from 1984?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next