Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
mr.electric40
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Jen5
rockerVu2
Dynamis
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Driven
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Random Ramblings - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 2:08 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
There is much sadness in the alldat household today.  We had to say our final farewell to a dear friend that we've had in our lives for 26 years.  Yes, our old central heat and air system finally gave up the ghost.  The funeral.....er, installation of the new unit...was quite pricey.  So, I am in deep mourning over the money that we had to spend.

I did the same thing last April. Ours gave up the ghost. It was an AC with heat (not central heat). So in April of 2018 I bought myself a $4,500 present that I didn't want to buy. A bigger AC with central heat (Carrier brand). I hated to spend money on it but we needed it and it is already paying for itself because the heating bills the last 2 months are much cheaper than they were last year. Plus I have an app on my phone that connects me to it at any time and I can adjust the temp from my phone while at work.

I assume it is cheaper to run because it is more efficient and central heat works better than heating coils which eat up your electricity.

The old unit was too small anyway. In the summer it would click on at 6AM and run NONSTOP til 10PM. I have to give it credit for being a work-horse but it never would get below 74 and we like to keep it at 71. The new one in July will get to 71 then turn off and cycle several times a day.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 2:33 pm

Ain't technology a wonderful thing  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 3:26 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Ain't technology a wonderful thing  Very Happy

For $4,500 it should be! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 4:02 pm

kerrick wrote:
Well, more snow again today!  Which means more shoveling for me...  My arms are going to be huge by the end of this winter hahahaha.

Oh man, no fun....(Santa Cruz/Carla winters are looking better aren't they Wink ).

It hasn't snowed here since Monday, and the roads are clear....but we still have nearly 6 inches of snow in our yard.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 4:17 pm

lol!

Well at least I don't have to deal with vampires up here like they do in Santa Cruz Carla!

Random Ramblings - Page 24 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scaretouruk.com%2Fuploads%2F4%2F6%2F7%2F5%2F4675568%2F6174208
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 6:51 pm

kerrick wrote:
Well, more snow again today!  Which means more shoveling for me...  My arms are going to be huge by the end of this winter hahahaha.
Welcome to the Northwest!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 2:44 am

....and today we were pushing 90. H-o-t
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1454
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 4:26 am

17 and tons of snow.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 6:37 am

MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
There is much sadness in the alldat household today.  We had to say our final farewell to a dear friend that we've had in our lives for 26 years.  Yes, our old central heat and air system finally gave up the ghost.  The funeral.....er, installation of the new unit...was quite pricey.  So, I am in deep mourning over the money that we had to spend.

I did the same thing last April. Ours gave up the ghost. It was an AC with heat (not central heat). So in April of 2018 I bought myself a $4,500 present that I didn't want to buy. A bigger AC with central heat (Carrier brand). I hated to spend money on it but we needed it and it is already paying for itself because the heating bills the last 2 months are much cheaper than they were last year. Plus I have an app on my phone that connects me to it at any time and I can adjust the temp from my phone while at work.

I assume it is cheaper to run because it is more efficient and central heat works better than heating coils which eat up your electricity.

The old unit was too small anyway. In the summer it would click on at 6AM and run NONSTOP til 10PM. I have to give it credit for being a work-horse but it never would get below 74 and we like to keep it at 71. The new one in July will get to 71 then turn off and cycle several times a day.

Ours is both central heat and air.  You have to have both in TN.  The summers are just as hot as Florida and we will have constant humidity in the 80% level with no rain for days or weeks sometimes.  With me having allergies, AC is a must!

In the winter, we dip down in the single digits sometimes at night  In really cold snaps, we may have daytime highs in the teens or twenties.  We had that in part of December and a great deal of January.  Our February has been very mild.  But, you still gotta have the heat.

We keep the house on 70 or 71.  Our unit, a York, doesn't have an app to control it.  I could get a Nest thermostat, but I can program this one if I want to.  I wish it was as cheap as yours.  Ours cost $5300!  That's a major investment right there!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 10:15 am

Where do you live Kerrick? We're getting more snow and it's supposed to stay below freezing for the next 8 days here in central Washington.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 2:24 pm

I'm up in the Coeur d'Alene area (specifically, Hayden) of north Idaho, about 100 miles south of the Canadian border.  We've only lived here for less than a year though; we moved from Santa Cruz, California in April.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 8:15 am

My brother had to have some work done on his big rig on Friday.  The shop he chose messed his truck up where it won't even start.  He had to cancel his load, pay another driver to pick it up, and now has his truck at a different shop.  The first repair place said that they would cover all additional expenses due to their work not being right, so he is going to hit them with the towing bill, the loss of his load, having to pay the other driver, and any repairs he may incur, and his cost to get home.

His cost to get home was relatively small.  For me, it cost me about 7 hours on the road.  I drove from my home in Watertown (40 miles southeast of Nashville) to Fultondale, AL which is now a suburb of Birmingham.  I hate driving long distances, but I didn't want him to have to sit there in a hotel room for possibly days while he gets his semi back up and running.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 11:38 am

Wow, that stinks. Hope he really does get reimbursed.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 11:39 am

Nice area Kerrick, quite the change. We moved from Portland to Central Wa. about 13 years ago which was quite a lifestyle difference.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 1:47 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Nice area Kerrick, quite the change. We moved from Portland to Central Wa. about 13 years ago which was quite a lifestyle difference.

Right on.  I imagine we're experiencing much of the same things as you guys did with your move.  North Idaho really is quite perfect for us and at least so far, we haven't had any big culture/lifestyle-shock.  Everything's been quite positive and we feel much more aligned with the people and culture here than we did in CA.  There are still things we miss, but we haven't regretted our move for an instant.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 4:18 am

I have cousins that live in Coeur d'Alene. Pretty area. We'd love to leave California, but we have too many roots here
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 4:20 am

How is it that Niceboard STILL has the same emoticons over a decade later ?? Seriously, there should be a couple hundred in there to choose from by now. 

These first world problems really get to me !
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 7:08 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
How is it that Niceboard STILL has the same emoticons over a decade later ?? Seriously, there should be a couple hundred in there to choose from by now. 

They actually have sparsely little of them  Even the better ones we have are here because we took the time to add them ourselves.  I am just lazy and haven't added new ones, either.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 7:10 am

While all my California friends are getting snow, we are getting rain.  More rain.  Still yet more rain.  We have had some good size flooding over the past three weeks and we're going there again this week.  Yards can't even dry up and remain squishy days after the last rain and then here comes the new round.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 10:43 am

(Winter Storm) Petra Means Snow  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 11:45 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

They actually have sparsely little of them  Even the better ones we have are here because we took the time to add them ourselves.  I am just lazy and haven't added new ones, either.

Oh, sorry, I didn't know you had the ability to add them (here I am trash talking Niceboard  Laughing )
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 1:27 pm

Y'all don't know how much restraint it is taking to keep me from making a comment about the guy in my film music class whose name is John Williams.  Much more than it took to keep me from commenting about the student I had several years ago named Jessica Fletcher.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 3:15 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Y'all don't know how much restraint it is taking to keep me from making a comment about the guy in my film music class whose name is John Williams.  Much more than it took to keep me from commenting about the student I had several years ago named Jessica Fletcher.

"...I couldn't help but notice...."
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 6:08 pm

messiaen77 wrote:

Oh man, I wouldn't be able to stop myself!

My wife has a cousin named Catherine who got married a few years back and changed her last name to Jones.  I told her after the wedding that she should change her middle name to Zeta....she gave me an odd look and asked "why"......she didn't get it.

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 6:18 pm

Staybrite wrote:
My wife has a cousin named Catherine who got married a few years back and changed her last name to Jones.  I told her after the wedding that she should change her middle name to Zeta....she gave me an odd look and asked "why"......she didn't get it.

lol, there's a good reason for that: Can you actually name a film that she's been in that could be classified as a chick flick????   I mean, it's all stuff blowing up, swords, guns, and car chases and yawn, yawn, and yawn.   geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 24 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next