Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
mr.electric40
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Jen5
rockerVu2
Dynamis
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Driven
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Random Ramblings - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 11:27 am

The weather is finally sunny. April flurries bring May showers bring June flowers now, apparently.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23471
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 5:18 pm

The rains have finally started coming our way.  I battled heavy rains off and on for 8 hours driving in from Virginia today.  We are supposed to get rain and some storms at least daily through Monday.  We have been so dry that you won't hear me complaining.  Well, I will grumble about mowing the grass, but at least it won't be brown and dried out.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 6:13 am

alldatndensum wrote:
The rains have finally started coming our way.  I battled heavy rains off and on for 8 hours driving in from Virginia today.  We are supposed to get rain and some storms at least daily through Monday.  We have been so dry that you won't hear me complaining.  Well, I will grumble about mowing the grass, but at least it won't be brown and dried out.
Same here, been dry for months now and 4 or 5 days of solid rain is good. but I will note that our yard is very green because we have a well pump for watering the lawn. The bad news is that since everything in our yard is so green and everything else in the area is dead invasive bugs have started to eat our plants including some of the leaves on my fruit trees. I read that when it is very dry caterpillars, etc will look for greener pastures and apparently they picked my yard. I sprayed some neem oil last night but with it raining so much it will probably just wash away. All of my wife's flowers are destroyed. And so far our new roof is holding up -- no leaks and they did a good job on the repairs. Some of my neighbors are not so lucky. many are still waiting on new roofs and their houses still leak. many families are still living in campers in their front yards and it has been 8 months since the storm.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 9:39 am

Man, I can't imagine not having a house for the better part of a year like that. I dread the days when harder storms make it to my area. In the capital city, there was a tornado/microburst (somewhere between the two I think) last summer that took out a school and a lot of property. Another similar storm was spotted recently. Granted, it's not a hurricane, but it's still unnerving because I grew up to think that only happened further south.

It's been the opposite here, weather-wise. Gloomy and rainy up until a couple days ago. I took advantage of the beautiful weather yesterday and went on a relatively brief but nice hike with my girlfriend. It was good fun. Those of you on Facebook will have seen the pics. What you won't see is all the pics rejected because of her hair blowing around in the wind Razz When it wasn't windy, the blackflies came out, and when it was windy, they all disappeared. So it was hard to get a good photo, but we made it. We went for ice cream on the way back at our favourite dairy. It was a good day Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 5:33 pm

My mother-in-law wanted to go to the zoo.  We took her today......to the St. Louis Zoo!  They have an awesome zoo!  With rain in the area, crowds were way down making this a great day.  Also, the cloud cover kept it cooler so most of the animals were very active.  It did rain for over an hour, but we ducked into a restaurant and ate lunch and then slid over to the stingray petting area.  I love stingrays!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 5:46 pm

St. Louis zoo is a blast! We used to live about 90 miles from there and would go all the time. One of the coolest zoos in the US.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 6:16 pm

Busy times. Several major projects last week, participating in a wedding as a groomsman on Saturday, attending a 9-hour-long administration meeting with school last night, 3 exams this week, sale of my car today...
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 6:37 pm

Whoa! You're the trooper. Who organizes a 9 hour meeting????  Just whoa! affraid
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 9:22 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Whoa! You're the trooper. Who organizes a 9 hour meeting????  Just whoa! affraid

There was a supper break, but still. The meeting isn't planned out to be however long it is, we have an agenda and we cover all of it, no matter how long it takes (unless something has to be postponed). We follow the Morin code, a bit like the Robert rules surrounding meetings. There's a lot of stuff to cover, from legal to university to social to financial to whatever else. There were a couple larger topics which I can't discuss because they're closed-doors (huis-clos) that took up more than a couple hours.

The worst part is, the room got hotter and hotter as the evening went on. The worstest part is, we had to close the door for the closed-door parts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morin_code
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 1:56 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
St. Louis zoo is a blast! We used to live about 90 miles from there and would go all the time. One of the coolest zoos in the US.

We went to the zoo yesterday, and today we headed south to Sikeston to Lambert's Cafe where they throw the giant rolls at you.  Those aren't rolls, folks.  Those are loaves!!!

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 2:18 pm

Yes! Loved to go to Lambert's! That place is awesome! I believe they also have a location in Mobile, AL. 

If you miss it and it lands on the floor they just throw you another!
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 5:40 pm

Oh Lord, it's the coeliac's nightmare. All those flying crumbs!   Razz
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 1:12 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Yes! Loved to go to Lambert's! That place is awesome! I believe they also have a location in Mobile, AL. 

If you miss it and it lands on the floor they just throw you another!

Foley, AL to be exact!   They aren't too far from Orange Beach.  When we have gone to Orange Beach, we make it a point to go to Lambert's.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 1:13 pm

Had my annual physical today and passed with flying colors  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 2:10 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Had my annual physical today and passed with flying colors  Very Happy
Amen Woo Amen Woo Amen Woo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 7:38 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 40 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40