Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
mr.electric40
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Jen5
rockerVu2
Dynamis
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Driven
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Random Ramblings - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 7:15 am

Your church is in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 8:20 am

I pray that for all our churches, especially during this Easter season.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 1:46 pm

I'm feeling like a total whiner today.  I have been skipping out of choir since January because of the new job and about a billion household projects I was planning to finish this Spring before I got the job.  But my wife and oldest kid kinda encouraged/pushed/guilted me into getting back in to it for Easter.  I enjoy it, but it also means a two-hour rehearsal tonight that I just don't know that I have the umph for.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 6:03 am

Some days you just need to whine.  It's okay.  That's what we are hear for, friend.  We can take it as we don't live with you!  Besides, you are a friend and friends listen when you need to whine or vent.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 8:20 am

A lot of us have less umph these days, we get it.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 9:19 am

messiaen77 wrote:
I'm feeling like a total whiner today.  I have been skipping out of choir since January because of the new job and about a billion household projects I was planning to finish this Spring before I got the job.  But my wife and oldest kid kinda encouraged/pushed/guilted me into getting back in to it for Easter.  I enjoy it, but it also means a two-hour rehearsal tonight that I just don't know that I have the umph for.
Meh, I have bell choir AND regular choir practices on the same day!  Who do you think you are . . . a Skywalker?  Laughing
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 2:10 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Meh, I have bell choir AND regular choir practices on the same day!  Who do you think you are . . . a Skywalker?  Laughing
But I REALLY needed to go to Tosche Station for those power converters!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 6:21 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

But those are NOT the droids you are looking for.   lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2019 9:54 am

messiaen77 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Luke, use the Force . . . . of Amazon.com  lol!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 10:11 am

This is a super busy weekend for me.  I went to the annual Good Friday Chris Tomlin show in Nashville last night.  Today, I am preparing two sermons (one for the sunrise service and one for the regular service).  I also have to practice songs as I plan to lead worship for the sunrise service with my guitar.  Tomorrow, of course, will be both of those services.  I also need to go shopping for costumes for a murder mystery dinner theater I am doing next weekend PLUS find time to go over my lines.

With all this, my allergies have kicked into full gear and I sound like a Muppet.  I need prayer.  I probably need a steroid shot.  I might even need an antibiotic as I feel like I am starting to get a sinus infection.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 11:21 am

Why are you doing 2 different sermons?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 11:24 am

Take care Chris and be thankful for these seasons. Hope you get the allergies sorted.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 1:22 pm

Xid wrote:
Why are you doing 2 different sermons?

We are doing a sunrise service at 6:30 and our regular service, too.  Some folks will attend both and should not have to hear the same sermon.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:18 pm

This busy weekend has finally wound down.  Of course, my heart is racing due to all the steroids I have had this weekend to help with my allergies.  I had a shot Saturday and started nasal sprays, too.  I started a steroid pack today and have to continue using the nose spray daily.  This makes my heart race, and makes it hard to sleep.  But, my head is clearing out some, so for that I am thankful.

I preached both services as planned.  I also led the worship for our sunrise service by playing my guitar and singing.  It is the first time I have sang in front of the new church.  It felt weird because it was someplace I have never done this before, but also felt completely familiar as I have sang in church all of my adult life.  One of the men at the sunrise service loved my singing on "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) and asked me to sing it again in the main service--which I gladly did!  We had breakfast with folks from church and a small lunch with them again.  Tonight, we went out with my wife's mom (our regular Sunday routine).  Needless to say, I need a day off to rest from my days off!  However, it is back to work tomorrow and time to really start preparing for a murder mystery I will do next weekend.  Oh, another super busy weekend!  I will be fifty this year--maybe I should think about slowing down a little???

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 8:16 am

alldatndensum wrote:
This is a super busy weekend for me.  I went to the annual Good Friday Chris Tomlin show in Nashville last night.  Today, I am preparing two sermons (one for the sunrise service and one for the regular service).  I also have to practice songs as I plan to lead worship for the sunrise service with my guitar.  Tomorrow, of course, will be both of those services.  I also need to go shopping for costumes for a murder mystery dinner theater I am doing next weekend PLUS find time to go over my lines.

With all this, my allergies have kicked into full gear and I sound like a Muppet.  I need prayer.  I probably need a steroid shot.  I might even need an antibiotic as I feel like I am starting to get a sinus infection.
Which muppet Beaker or Animal?

Random Ramblings - Page 32 Tenor

Random Ramblings - Page 32 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 8:22 am

^ I'm guessing Elmo.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 8:57 am

I'm thinking he's more like Mahna Mahna.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 11:51 am

alldatndensum wrote:
This busy weekend has finally wound down.  Of course, my heart is racing due to all the steroids I have had this weekend to help with my allergies.  I had a shot Saturday and started nasal sprays, too.  I started a steroid pack today and have to continue using the nose spray daily.  This makes my heart race, and makes it hard to sleep.  But, my head is clearing out some, so for that I am thankful.

I preached both services as planned.  I also led the worship for our sunrise service by playing my guitar and singing.  It is the first time I have sang in front of the new church.  It felt weird because it was someplace I have never done this before, but also felt completely familiar as I have sang in church all of my adult life.  One of the men at the sunrise service loved my singing on "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) and asked me to sing it again in the main service--which I gladly did!  We had breakfast with folks from church and a small lunch with them again.  Tonight, we went out with my wife's mom (our regular Sunday routine).  Needless to say, I need a day off to rest from my days off!  However, it is back to work tomorrow and time to really start preparing for a murder mystery I will do next weekend.  Oh, another super busy weekend!  I will be fifty this year--maybe I should think about slowing down a little???
"You know I wanna be a Baptist preacher
Just so I won't have to work."

--Son House Preachin' Blues
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 5:00 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Which muppet Beaker or Animal?

Random Ramblings - Page 32 Tenor

Random Ramblings - Page 32 Giphy

Annoying Muppet Voice?!

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 5:37 pm

Actually, I can do the voices for Beaker, Animal, Elmo, Mahna Mahna, AND Glenn from Superstore!  I can also do Yoda, Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Popeye, Chewbacca, Roz from Monster's Inc, Grover, Kermit the Frog, and Dr. Claw.

I am sure there are others, but that is the short list!

Last edited by alldatndensum on Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 6:25 pm

I finished work last Thursday, spent Easter weekend with my girlfriend and her parents, and now I'm home packing to move back to Sherbrooke on Wednesday. I start school in less than a week now. As some British dude with long hair once said, I'm going through changes.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 5:50 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Actually, I can do the voices for Beaker, Animal, Elmo, Mahna Mahna, AND Glenn from Superstore!  I can also dobYoda, Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Popeye, Chewbacca, Roz from Monster's Inc, Grover, Kermit the Frog, and Dr. Claw.

I am sure there are others, but that is the short list!
That reminds me we have a secretary at work that sounds and even looks like Roz hahaha. About as friendly too!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 6:13 am

Do you know what the hardest thing about being a pastor is for m thus far?  Visiting with old people.  I know--I should just sit there and smile for hours as they won't let you leave and tell you stories of places and things you never heard of (nor wanted to) or have never been (or no longer exist) and of people you will never meet (because most are dead).  Being diagnosed with A.D.D., focusing on the conversation is near impossible especially when you get an old man & woman talking at the same time and both expecting you to follow what they are saying.  It may be easy for some, but for me it feels like I have fallen into one of the many layers of Dante's Inferno and I am being punished.

But, I sat and listened as best I could without making a scene.  That's what I have you guys and girls for!  Thanks for listening!!!

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 8:25 am

My advice would be to do the best you can and show you care. Not easy but it's part of the gig.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 9:18 am

I get it. I remember working at an independent pharmacy for 10 years, also feeling as though I'd rather be ANYwhere else than in the presence of the old people I delivered medication to. They were never prepared with their money, I had to "come in, have a seat" in their old-smelling houses, and in many cases listen to them ramble on about stuff. But at the end of the day, my sacrifice of smiling, fighting off yawns, and pretending to be interested was very rewarding. I knew I had made that person's day, and was probably the only person that'd visited them that entire week, or month.

Treasures laid up in heaven aren't the easy things we do in this life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 32 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next