Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
mr.electric40
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Jen5
rockerVu2
Dynamis
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Driven
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Random Ramblings - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 3:00 pm

Driven wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Driven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Driven wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Driven wrote:
I'm in interview season myself (over reading week, so I have to stay in town... grr...), but I don't have multiple interviews for the same job...

How are the interviews going?  Any promising leads?

I finished my third and final one today (at least for this round, who knows what'll happen next).  It went reasonably well I think, though I'm becoming fairly torn about the job...  It'd allow me to continue working from home, provide good benefits, and I think the pay will be pretty good.  But the specific role isn't something I'm particularly excited for and it'd require up to 30% travel.  :/

One or two promising leads, I guess. One would be in my hometown, which is ideal on many fronts. Another is with the Ministry of Transportation, which while not my absolute dream job is very close to what I want to do Very Happy

What's the job you're looking at?

"Ministry of Transportation" sounds like something out of George Orwell's "1984" novel.  geek

and Department of Transportation doesn't? Very Happy

No.  They are totally different!  lol! 

Everything governmental in the novel "1984" was the Ministry of this or the Ministry of that.
Orwell was British, and all their stuff is "Ministry" and their government people are "ministers".  Makes more sense than "secretary".

So does ministry to the poor also sounds like it's from 1984?

No, because it doesn't sound like a government institution.  Oddly enough in the story 1984 the "Ministries" names were pretty much the opposite of what they actually did.  The institution related to war was called The Ministry of Peace (or Minipax in "newspeak").  The institution concerned with censorship was The Ministry of Truth (or Minitru).  The Ministry of Plenty rationed consumable resources and prevented wealth accumulation.
So the Ministry of Transportation would be concerned with clogging the roads and railways I guess.
Laughing

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 6:09 pm

It's my wife's birthday today.  Somehow her birthday present is that "I" have to go on weight watchers.  This is going to make it a lot harder to sneak all that junk food.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 6:20 am

Staybrite wrote:
It's my wife's birthday today.  Somehow her birthday present is that "I" have to go on weight watchers.  This is going to make it a lot harder to sneak all that junk food.

I need to get on a plan, but I am not going to do Weight Watchers.  You have to assign points to everything you eat.  You then have a certain amount of points you can consume a day.  I have known a few people that were on it, and they really seemed like they were in slavery to making their food behave.  As soon as they reached their goal weight, they stopped counting points and got larger than they were before.

I pray it works for you, though.  I want to hear some weight loss successes.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 9:31 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I need to get on a plan, but I am not going to do Weight Watchers.  You have to assign points to everything you eat.  You then have a certain amount of points you can consume a day.  I have known a few people that were on it, and they really seemed like they were in slavery to making their food behave.  As soon as they reached their goal weight, they stopped counting points and got larger than they were before.

My wife did WW (ya see, Weight Watchers doesn't exist anymore, now its got a cool, hip, vague, millennial-type name--WW.  It apparently isn't about weight loss anymore, its about "wellness," which happens to include weight loss.) and continues to be very successful.  I think the key is not thinking of it as a diet where you are allowed to eat some food and not allowed to eat other food.  Instead, think in terms of changing how and what you eat.  That's why I struggled with it every time I tried it.  Right now I'm using MyFitnessPal to track what I eat and it's going ok for me.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 10:05 am

I use MyFitnessPal as well.  It definitely helps . . . not only for the calories but for other things like sodium and potassium, which I need to keep track of.  Plus you can link in other devices (like Fitbit or Motiv) to keep track of exercise.  It's pretty handy.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 10:06 am

Was finally able to order the Pianissimo album from Virgin Black  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 10:29 am

Better late than never!  At least you ordered it before they discontinued it.  Apparently this is a one-time deal and it won't be available (at least, on its own) ever again.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 12:54 pm

kerrick wrote:
Better late than never!  At least you ordered it before they discontinued it.  Apparently this is a one-time deal and it won't be available (at least, on its own) ever again.
Yeah, it seems they took Saviour Machine's idea of packaging the whole magnum opus in a single set, except Virgin Black is actually going to do it.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 1:05 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
I use MyFitnessPal as well.  It definitely helps . . . not only for the calories but for other things like sodium and potassium, which I need to keep track of.  Plus you can link in other devices (like Fitbit or Motiv) to keep track of exercise.  It's pretty handy.
Oooo, Fitbit is awesome. I've got one. I totally get sucked in to the computer vortex and forget to stand up and move around. Fitbit vibrates once an hour (at 10 minutes to the hour) and tells me how many steps I need to do to make up my goal (250 steps) for that hour and then when I achieve it, it does a little celebratory jig Woo that makes me smile every time.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 2:53 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Yeah, it seems they took Saviour Machine's idea of packaging the whole magnum opus in a single set, except Virgin Black is actually going to do it.
ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 3:10 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Oh man that's not good.  I think it will help me because I didn't realize how much I was eating before (volume wise) and also how bad some of the stuff I was eating actually is.  I have so much weight I need to loose that I doubt I could get to my goal weight and gain it all back again.  Truly hoping this will completely change my eating habits altogether.

messiaen77 wrote:
Quote :
Staybrite wrote:
My wife did WW (ya see, Weight Watchers doesn't exist anymore, now its got a cool, hip, vague, millennial-type name--WW.  It apparently isn't about weight loss anymore, its about "wellness," which happens to include weight loss.) and continues to be very successful.  I think the key is not thinking of it as a diet where you are allowed to eat some food and not allowed to eat other food.  Instead, think in terms of changing how and what you eat.  That's why I struggled with it every time I tried it.  Right now I'm using MyFitnessPal to track what I eat and it's going ok for me.

What helps is that I like quite a bit of food that is good for you (veggies and lean protiens), I just eat too much of it.  And I also like chips, pasteries and chocolate bars...which you pretty much can't have on WW (see what I did there, I can be hip and trendy too).  I have the added benefit (I guess) that over-eating causing me to have digestive and bowel problems that have developed over the last few years... so eating less is actually helping me feel better.  Hoping that will be enough to curb my "eating for comfort" issues.  Never heard of MyFitnessPal, might have to look into that.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 9:18 pm

As my Facebook friends may have noticed, I am now endowed with glasses. I didn't want to admit to myself I needed them, but after focusing on things over 3-4 feet away became near impossible, I gave in.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 4:02 am

I cannot read anything without my glasses these days, and yet for some reason, I still leave the house without them sometimes... so frustrating. Can't tell you how many glasses I had to run to a local store and snag cuz I didn't bring mine, yet needed to read something - LOL ! 
So here's to you remembering yours :-)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 6:26 am

I started off with reading glasses ten years ago.  I transitioned into glasses all the time around five years ago.  I embraced them.  I can't read anything without them.  I even paid extra for transitional lenses so I wouldn't need another pair as sunglasses.  You get used to them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 9:05 am

I've been fighting bifocals for years, they are about to win.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 9:06 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Oh man that's not good.  I think it will help me because I didn't realize how much I was eating before (volume wise) and also how bad some of the stuff I was eating actually is.  I have so much weight I need to loose that I doubt I could get to my goal weight and gain it all back again.  Truly hoping this will completely change my eating habits altogether.

messiaen77 wrote:
Quote :
Staybrite wrote:

What helps is that I like quite a bit of food that is good for you (veggies and lean protiens), I just eat too much of it.  And I also like chips, pasteries and chocolate bars...which you pretty much can't have on WW (see what I did there, I can be hip and trendy too).  I have the added benefit (I guess) that over-eating causing me to have digestive and bowel problems that have developed over the last few years... so eating less is actually helping me feel better.  Hoping that will be enough to curb my "eating for comfort" issues.  Never heard of MyFitnessPal, might have to look into that.
You can eat those things on WW, you just have to account for them, and even though we guys get a boatload of points, pastries and chocolate bars eat through them pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 10:53 am

I've received confirmation on all sides that I've been accepted to a coop placement in my hometown! Very Happy This will be a good opportunity for me to live with my parents and hopefully work on personality differences with my family. And I'll be that much closer to my girlfriend's school Smile
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 11:04 am

cheers
Awesome!  Sounds pretty ideal.  Living with parents generally means cheap rent and free laundry machine usage.  Smile  Though those "personality differences" can be tricky, depending.  You seem like a pretty mellow and agreeable bloke so I can't imagine any differences would be too severe.  Wink
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 11:05 am

Plus, now that you'll be wearing glasses, they'll have to take you more seriously.  I think that's how it works, right?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 11:27 am

messiaen77 wrote:

I have transitional progressive glasses and progressive safety glasses.  If you've never worn progressives, it'll take some time to get used to walking down stairs  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 2:50 pm

messiaen77 wrote:

I have transitional progressive glasses and progressive safety glasses.  If you've never worn progressives, it'll take some time to get used to walking down stairs  Shocked

I had to joint the bifocal/progressives club about 2 years ago.  They do take some getting used to but it's nice being able to read again.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 2:53 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

You can eat those things on WW, you just have to account for them, and even though we guys get a boatload of points, pastries and chocolate bars eat through them pretty quickly.

I noticed that, but I like to eat more than one pastry and a side salad in one day.  Laughing
So I'm laying off the carb-laden and sweet/fatty stuff and trying to eat the more healthy stuff.
I was excited to see that I could hit up one of my favorite fast-food joints (Taco Time) and get two Baja Tacos (without the tater tots) for lunch and still have enough points to eat a reasonable dinner tonight.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 2:55 pm

kerrick wrote:
Plus, now that you'll be wearing glasses, they'll have to take you more seriously.  I think that's how it works, right?

Not always the case my friend  lol!

Random Ramblings - Page 10 3758377
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 5:00 pm

Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

I had to joint the bifocal/progressives club about 2 years ago.  They do take some getting used to but it's nice being able to read again.

I got my first set of bifocals five years ago when I broke my ankle.  I had to get used to bifocals while swinging on crutches.  That wasn't fun.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 5:45 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

I got my first set of bifocals five years ago when I broke my ankle.  I had to get used to bifocals while swinging on crutches.  That wasn't fun.

Oh wow I bet, could have required another trip to the hospital if you weren't careful.

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next