Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
mr.electric40
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Jen5
rockerVu2
Dynamis
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Driven
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Random Ramblings - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 1:02 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Had a great time with my wonderful wife at the Biltmore Estate this past weekend.  Got to see the beautiful house as well as the Chihuly exhibit they have there.  Staying on the property is definitely expensive but was definitely worth it  Very Happy

Did they make you do "High Tea" while you were there (or was that something you were really looking forward to)?  I wouldn't do that if someone paid me! (actually I probably would do it, my wife said it is kind of fun)
  lol!

Actually, the High Tea was very nice.  We would definitely do it again.  My wife had the Earl Grey while I had an Oolong.  And the service there is top-notch.
Hey now, let's keep things "family friendly" around here!
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 1:05 pm

Dear Worship-Music Lyricists:

Can we please avoid having God "wreck" us?

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 5:26 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Had a great time with my wonderful wife at the Biltmore Estate this past weekend.  Got to see the beautiful house as well as the Chihuly exhibit they have there.  Staying on the property is definitely expensive but was definitely worth it  Very Happy

Did they make you do "High Tea" while you were there (or was that something you were really looking forward to)?  I wouldn't do that if someone paid me! (actually I probably would do it, my wife said it is kind of fun)
  lol!

Actually, the High Tea was very nice.  We would definitely do it again.  My wife had the Earl Grey while I had an Oolong.  And the service there is top-notch.

Very cool!  Thumbs Up

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 8:37 am

Saw some swans out on some of the lakes where I run in the mornings.  I normally see ducks and some geese but not swans.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 8:49 am

Were there by any chance seven of them?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 2:02 pm

messiaen77 wrote:

Nope, too early for that  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 3:13 pm

messiaen77 wrote:

Nope, too early for that  Very Happy

Give it about 10 weeks.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 7:35 pm

As my Facebook friends may have seen, my lady friend and I have decided to go Facebook official after a few months of reflection because of the distance and time between us. We're in cities 10 hours apart, and we're 4 years away from finishing school. But we've realized that we're functionally a couple anyway. I'm pretty stoked. We're spending Canadian Thanksgiving at both of our parents' places. Smile
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 9:03 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 4:32 am

That's awesome, Driven! Did you manage to get a work placement near her school for your next work term?
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 4:33 am

messiaen77 wrote:

Thank you.
Huh? Gotta know. What song please?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 8:00 am

And everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 8:22 am

Mmmmm Hmmmm.....

Random Ramblings - Page 6 094401_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind

There ain't room in this town for two Michaels. It's him or me and I ain't flinching.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 10:14 am

Driven wrote:
As my Facebook friends may have seen, my lady friend and I have decided to go Facebook official after a few months of reflection because of the distance and time between us. We're in cities 10 hours apart, and we're 4 years away from finishing school. But we've realized that we're functionally a couple anyway. I'm pretty stoked. We're spending Canadian Thanksgiving at both of our parents' places. Smile

cheers cheers cheers

Congrats dude!  I love the picture you posted as well.  You two look very happy.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 10:24 am

Jen5 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Thank you.

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 10:36 am

Man I'm feelin' old this morning.  Yesterday we had a read-through for a program our church's children's ministry is putting on at the end of the month.  To start, my character is "Grandpa" Henry.  Second, I'm the oldest person in the room by at least 10 years.  Third, there are four well-known, if not "classic," 80s songs in the program:

Gary Numan "Cars"
Cinderella "Don't Know What You Got 'Til It's Gone"
Queen "I Want it All"
Richard Marx "Satisfied"

The children's director turned to me at one point during "Cars" and said "this sounds familiar, but I think it's only because it was one of those old songs my dad listened to when I was a kid."  She had never heard "Satisfied" before.  I was one of two people in the room who could sing along with all four songs (and could identify the snippet of the Rolling Stones song they also used),  We were also the only two who knew what a Trapper Keeper is.  I also had to explain who Benny Hill was when the sound effects person played "Yakety Sax" as a suggestion for silly music to intro the funny Bible story telling.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 2:38 pm

Wow, you ARE old!!!  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 9:44 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Thank you.

Point taken. Absolutely and completely agree with that request. I am stunned...and very amused.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 11:37 pm

Have now finished the vocals for our latest song, Savior. This is the song that I asked for (and received) so much input and inspiration from you lot. It's the one about pride. The one with the boiled frog. Very satisfying to put this song to bed.

My turn Xid..."I feel good ba-na-na-na-na-na-NA..."
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 8:45 am

Jen5 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Thank you.

Point taken. Absolutely and completely agree with that request. I am stunned...and very amused.
I mean, I guess I'm thankful they aren't asking God to break the internet or something like that, but it just feels like that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 8:49 am

Jen5 wrote:
Have now finished the vocals for our latest song, Savior. This is the song that I asked for (and received) so much input and inspiration from you lot. It's the one about pride. The one with the boiled frog. Very satisfying to put this song to bed.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 9:20 am

Jen5 wrote:

You dig?

I dig.

I knew you could.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 1:44 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 2:55 pm

Jen5 wrote:

Cool!

Now if we could just convince you to write a song about a frog in a blender my life will be complete!

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 3:09 pm

From the pad into the pot
Life was good and now it's not
Happy frog beside the reeds
Now it looks like I will bleed

Instrument of my destruction
Set upon this flat construction
Was a frog in all my splendor
Now forsaken in a blender
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitime