Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
mr.electric40
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Jen5
rockerVu2
Dynamis
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Driven
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Random Ramblings - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 4:55 pm

kerrick wrote:

"And by "God's Word" I mean the bible, not some flavor of the day Christian self-help book"
AMEN.  My goodness how I hate how "the church" has largely devolved into this self-centered means to "your best life now" instead of seeking to glorify our awesome Creator and Savior.

It seems rampant over here on the Left Coast (especially centered around the big cities).  I'm not suggesting that those books can't be helpful to some, I just don't think that 90% of them belong in a 12 week bible study.  It looks more like "big business" to me and less like studying the bible.  I've had to read 4 or 5 of them for organized church study courses and I got very little out of any of them except for frustrated.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 9:56 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
I've never gone to a church that used the small group model.  I've always been in a Sunday School class for adults.

I might actually get more out of that.  Seems like many of the small groups I have been to (that weren't led by the pastor) end up breaking down into a "feelings-fest" as I call them, or worse slip into something I'm almost certain is heretical.
It seems like pretty hard to find churches in our part of the country that actually have Sunday school classes for adults (the only one I have seen in the last decade was a KJVO church, and I won't be any part of that).

My church would prefer for me to be KJVO, but I actually am using the CSB.  It is the updated version of the HCSB that I used to call the "hardcore southern Baptist version" because it was put out by Lifeway.  LOL

So far, it might be my favourite English translation. Not that I'm an expert, but it seems solid.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 10:20 pm

I am enjoying the CSB.  It seems to be translated in a way that is super easy to read while being structured in a way to make it easier to follow a preacher/teacher in church that is reading from the KJV or NKJV.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 10:55 pm

Since it was so warm today and we don't have Sunday night services at the new church, I put up all the Christmas lights outside that I am going to do this year. It isn't a huge display, but it is festive!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 9:29 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I am enjoying the CSB.  It seems to be translated in a way that is super easy to read while being structured in a way to make it easier to follow a preacher/teacher in church that is reading from the KJV or NKJV.

I have never heard of the CSB version. Is it the Cartoon SpongeBob version? clown
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 1:18 pm

Hard to believe that Ozzy Osbourne is 70 years old  Shocked
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 1:43 pm

I got a text from my mom this morning that one of her coworkers is a big Signum Regis fan!  Who would've thought that there'd be multiple fans of Christian Slovak power metal way up here in the panhandle of northern Idaho!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 3:27 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:

You mean it's hard to believe he's actually lived that long.  Laughing

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 3:28 pm

kerrick wrote:
I got a text from my mom this morning that one of her coworkers is a big Signum Regis fan!  Who would've thought that there'd be multiple fans of Christian Slovak power metal way up here in the panhandle of northern Idaho!

Well it's not like there is anything else to do so far from civilization.  Two steps north and you will be in the wilds of Canada running from angry mooses.  lol!

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 5:43 pm

lol!

Hey now, if it weren't for the eight feet of snow, two dozen fallen trees over the unplowed and unpaved "roads," a pack of vicious wolves, and that creepy hermit Hank between here and the nearest trading post where I could barter my raccoon pelts and possum jerky for a plane ticket, I'd come out there and whoop on ya!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 6:59 pm

kerrick wrote:
...and that creepy hermit Hank...
Hank is good people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 9:53 am

Staybrite wrote:

Ozzy, Willie Nelson, Keith Richards.  Three reasons to question everything medical science tells us.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 11:36 am

Xid wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Hank is good people.

Well, he's got that underground bunker filled with canned beans and ammo.  So in case of nuclear fallout or communist invasion, he's a good guy to be friends with.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 3:42 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Ozzy, Willie Nelson, Keith Richards.  Three reasons to question everything medical science tells us.
Indeed  Shocked
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 6:52 pm

kerrick wrote:
Xid wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Hank is good people.

Well, he's got that underground bunker filled with canned beans and ammo.  So in case of nuclear fallout or communist invasion, he's a good guy to be friends with.

If the aliens attack, though, he might kill you, cut you up into pieces, and dissolve your remains with acid.

That kind of sounds like a JJ Abrams movie plot to me.  lol!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 7:41 pm

kerrick wrote:
lol!

Hey now, if it weren't for the eight feet of snow, two dozen fallen trees over the unplowed and unpaved "roads," a pack of vicious wolves, and that creepy hermit Hank between here and the nearest trading post where I could barter my raccoon pelts and possum jerky for a plane ticket, I'd come out there and whoop on ya!

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

alldatndensum wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Xid wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Hank is good people.

If the aliens attack, though, he might kill you, cut you up into pieces, and dissolve your remains with acid.

Or worse yet...eat you!!  (hmm reminder to call JJ and recommend new story line for "Cloverfield Cove-Lost on Cannibal Island")

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 8:45 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:
lol!

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

alldatndensum wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Xid wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Hank is good people.

Or worse yet...eat you!!  (hmm reminder to call JJ and recommend new story line for "Cloverfield Cove-Lost on Cannibal Island")

If Hank is gonna eat you, it sounds like a JJ Abrams plot mixed with a famous horror movie franchise.  Maybe they should call it:

"Silence the Cloverfield Lambs"

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 12:22 am

lol!

Hank the cannibalistic hermit with the underground bunker.  I foresee a CHM inside joke to haunt us for years to come hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 8:50 am

25 degrees outside this morning  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 12:23 pm

Got as low as 36 here in SoCal yesterday, but then the high was 72 - one of the only advantages to living in California still Cool
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 12:41 pm

Today's forcasted to have a high of 34!
https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/id/hayden?cm_ven=localwx_10day

Jim, I like your new signature.  Thank God our salvation isn't dependent on our own strength!!!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Cold few couple of days here as well.  Haven't been getting out of the 30's for a few days it seems.  Especially cold for my (late) morning commute today.

Random Ramblings - Page 14 Cold_d10

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 1:41 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I have never heard of the CSB version. Is it the Cartoon SpongeBob version? clown

CSB = Confederate Southern Baptist version.  Laughing

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 5:25 pm

Quote :
Jim, I like your new signature.  Thank God our salvation isn't dependent on our own strength!!!

Thumbs Up The older I get, the more I understand that there is absolutely NOTHING I can add to, contribute, or take away from what HE did for us. And what's more, how arrogant we humans are who think there IS more.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 9:26 pm

kerrick wrote:
lol!

Hank the cannibalistic hermit with the underground bunker.  I foresee a CHM inside joke to haunt us for years to come hahahaha.

We used to have a running gag about our old mascot who was a possum.  We might as well have a cannibalistic hermit named Hank, too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next