Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Random Ramblings - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 9:49 pm

Had an interview today. Not too confident about it. We'll see how it went down, but I doubt I'm getting this job. I don't think it's my thing anyway, hopefully something else rolls in.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 8:02 am

Eh, you're young. You still have plenty of interviews ahead of you.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 8:32 pm

So a trumpet friend from college ratted me out to our church's music director.  Apparently, they have three trumpets for all three traditional services on Easter but only have one on Saturday evening Shocked
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 10:34 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
So a trumpet friend from college ratted me out to our church's music director.  Apparently, they have three trumpets for all three traditional services on Easter but only have one on Saturday evening Shocked

There you go, blowing your own horn again!  lol!

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 9:59 am

Staybrite wrote:

Ha, I tried blowing my horn again and needless to say, I'm a little rusty Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Ha, I tried blowing my horn again and needless to say, I'm a little rusty Very Happy

Gonna have to loosen up those tonsils and give it another try.  Laughing

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 11:08 am

Staybrite wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

But my tonsils are gone Sad
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 11:30 am

A tire change turned into a bearing change turned into a rear brake pad change (after the pads came out in two pieces). Now, I think I'm hearing ANOTHER bearing that doesn't sound right… ugh. I'm thankful for the garage at the school where I used to work, and for more mechanically competent friends. They're helping me save hundreds in labour costs. Ah, the joys of VW ownership...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 2:52 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

But my tonsils are gone Sad

ROTFL

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 3:20 pm

Think I'll take another trip down Memory Lane Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 3:32 pm

The last time I took a trip down memory lane, I forgot which exit to take.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 4:39 pm

Another interview scheduled.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 11:51 pm

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 12:43 pm

So I go over to my folks place this morn to help with some yard work. No big deal as I do it about once a week or every other week. As per usual with the heat and humidity the mosquitoes will come out to feed on me. Had 1 bite while in the yard. No big deal as it tends to happen. Then I get in my car to go home and one decides to hitch a ride with me. So now I am trapped  in the car with a flying blood sucker  till I get home. It decides to dine on me a few more times while I am trying to drive and at times swat at it away from my arms and from in front of my face. I get home and park the car. Tried swatting it again before getting out. Don't know if I got it or if it flew out once I opened the door.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 2:43 pm

Hardkore wrote:
So I go over to my folks place this morn to help with some yard work. No big deal as I do it about once a week or every other week. As per usual with the heat and humidity the mosquitoes will come out to feed on me. Had 1 bite while in the yard. No big deal as it tends to happen. Then I get in my car to go home and one decides to hitch a ride with me. So now I am trapped  in the car with a flying blood sucker  till I get home. It decides to dine on me a few more times while I am trying to drive and at times swat at it away from my arms and from in front of my face. I get home and park the car. Tried swatting it again before getting out. Don't know if I got it or if it flew out once I opened the door.

You make me happy to be living in the Pacific NW....still too cold here for mosquitos.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 3:25 pm

Yikes. Here's hoping it doesn't have any weird illnesses affraid

We have what I call "faux mosquitos" - they look just like em, but aren't. Someone told me the name of them once, but I can't remember. They don't mess with anyone or anything but the porch lights.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Yikes. Here's hoping it doesn't have any weird illnesses affraid

We have what I call "faux mosquitos" - they look just like em, but aren't. Someone told me the name of them once, but I can't remember. They don't mess with anyone or anything but the porch lights.

Those are called gallynappers.  We get a ton of them in the spring and summer.  Our mosquitos are smaller and black.  Gallynappers are much larger and everyone assumes they are gigantic mosquitoes.  However, gallynappyers just want to suck up some light on your porch and not your blood.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 2:52 pm

I will be preaching at Malone's Chapel in Alexandria, TN tomorrow.  Not only am I bringing the message, but I am also a pastoral candidate there.  I am excited over the opportunity but also not.  This church is WAY out in the country with several small churches surrounding them.  There are not a lot of people in the area to reach out to.  Even if you did, most folks are going to drive to the churches in the main part of town.  I am concerned that this will be yet another church on its death bed that is seeking someone to just slow the inevitable. 

Of course, I have not met the people yet and don't know any of this for sure.  It is just a feeling I have.  I will go if the Lord sends me, but I want to be a part of a church that is vibrant and ready to really do amazing things for the Lord.  I need that for me personally and want a church that has great potential even if it is unrecognized.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 4:44 pm

Seems to me the small family type churches with a desire for outreaches are all fizzling out and people want big Wal-mart churches and pastors with charisma
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 4:50 pm

Interestingly, though, some schools of thought say that millennials are seeking out smaller, community-based churches instead of big show churches.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 12:24 am

I was pretty happy to see a teenage gal today inviting people to come to their church... I was under the impression that not many under 20 even go to church anymore
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 8:20 am

Quote :
Seems to me the small family type churches with a desire for outreaches are all fizzling out and people want big Wal-mart churches and pastors with charisma

Quote :
Interestingly, though, some schools of thought say that millennials are seeking out smaller, community-based churches instead of big show churches.

Around here, the big Walmart church as you call it is the big thing.  Millennials are all but ditching church altogether.  The ones that are staying involved are moving to smaller churches, but that is not the norm.  Millennials and even the new Gen Z (Internet) are growing up to be possibly the first unreached generation of the USA as a whole.  Their children will be, without a major move of God and the church responding, the first godless generation.  We've sat on our haunches until we have lost the heart for evangelism.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 12:26 pm

The large Walmart sized churches are also very popular around here as well.  There are some smaller churches, but I don't think they tend to see a lot of new members from outside the regular families that attend.  We are one of the more "unchurched" regions in the country, so many people have nothing to do with any church.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 1:34 pm

My observation, based on my own kids, is the whole PC, "rights" movements, and no judgment crap has indoctrinated the generation against anything that speaks of "exclusivism" or speaks out against what is considered "sin".
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 2:37 pm

Staybrite wrote:
The large Walmart sized churches are also very popular around here as well.  There are some smaller churches, but I don't think they tend to see a lot of new members from outside the regular families that attend.  We are one of the more "unchurched" regions in the country, so many people have nothing to do with any church.

While I live in the buckle of the Bible belt, we are becoming more and more unchurched.  While you will find close to 80% claiming to be affiliated as "Christian", less than 40% even attend a local congregation.  That number is growing as more and more people move here for our lower taxes and jobs.

What I am seeing here are more non-denominational churches popping up that are preaching a very simplistic, but full, gospel.  They are giving people an openness to more forms of music, strong preaching, some teaching without demanding 3 times a week attendance for discipleship, and more opportunities to serve outside the church.  These churches are growing like wildfire while the smaller churches (under 100) are struggling to have more than just the "over 60" crowd that they currently draw.  Those smaller churches are clueless, too, as to why they are shrinking.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next