Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Random Ramblings - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 3:41 am

Another night of insomnia. SO boring just laying here....
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 6:43 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Another night of insomnia. SO boring just laying here....

We so often use the "no time" excuse for not reading God's word; maybe God's giving you the time? Wink
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 5:31 pm

Our church is about to start a reading the Bible in 90 days.  Should be pretty intense.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 6:22 pm

Got me a super cool NEW Bible for 2017 !  It has LARGE print (for us old folk) Shocked  and has HUGE margins on each side for notes. It took 10 years for me to finally replace the one that was stolen, as I thought I could just go 100% digital, but it's not the same. I've had a tablet that I do my reading and study on for nearly a decade, but I've decided it doesn't have the "feel" I used to have. I need something more tangible.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 9:58 pm

There's just something about holding a real book while you read.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 9:06 am

You've got that right!  Sadly, the rest of the world doesn't agree.  While Books-A-Million still does fairly well, most of the bookstores around us are now gone.  People who read either buy eBooks or just get them from free sites or libraries.  Even the Christian bookstores left in my area (Lifeway) have cut back on the amount of books that I like to read.  They have increased their church curriculum and suppliy departments while majorly cutting back on good fiction and music.  The DVD area is full but there is a lot of that that isn't really high enough quality to watch or buy.  Face it--the day of physical product for music, books, magazines, and movies is just about over, folks.  We will enter the fully digital age kicking and screaming, but we will enter it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 11:36 am

And that really sucks imo. I get that it helps cut down on destroying forests and all that, but tangible products are so real, so accessible.
As many of you who have known me for more than 10 years know, I honestly tried the digital route in many areas of my life. First I went 100% dig with my music. I didn't have a CD in my house for a few years !  That died when I got tired of losing files, including entire backups on externals that would fail.. then there was the desire to hold that CD insert and read the lyrics, credits, etc. Today I own more CDs than I have my entire lifetime ! Laughing  
When my Bible was stolen, I thought welp, I'll go 100% digital then. That way all my notes and Bibles will be backed up and re-accessible if something happens. Well, it's just not the same as others here attest to.

So it looks to me like 2017 will be the year I'm totally back to the tangible. If I can't buy anything new that's physical, then I WON'T ! No kidding ! If a band releases a new album and I want it, but they only release it as a download ? Oh well, I'm sticking with the 5000 albums I already have. Same with books and magazines. I still buy MAD magazine cuz it's physical. Soon as it goes only dig, forget it.
I mean, I even spent 2 years digitizing every page of every issue of HM magazine '85 to '95, with full intentions of reading them all ! I did the work - ME ! And yet I've only pulled out my tablet and read about 4 issues. FOUR ! I hate reading a screen for any length of time.

I'm apparently going into the digital age kicking and screaming lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 12:49 pm

I agree with the consensus here but it saves space for me to download everything but man, it seems the soul a book or album is in the tangibles.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 1:45 pm

And that shows our age.  We were marketed to with the physical product.  The younger generations are marketed to that nothing is real or permanent.  They don't even buy music.  They steal or stream.  The product, even the quality of the music, means nothing anymore.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 11:10 pm

Drove over to the Eastern Washington yesterday to watch my son graduate from the Basic Level Course of the Washington State Police Explorer's Academy (it's a one week course that mimics some of what you would do if you went to the full-fledged Police Academy, but geared towards teens....so kind of like a mini police boot camp).  He did pretty well (we are little worried because of his learning disability).  They single out some of the teens for outstanding performance and it turns out he got the best Fire Arms training score out of all 65 Explorers.  A bit of a surprised to him as he has never fired a hand gun before...not a major surprise to me because he took to archery the first time he tried it as well.

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 2:08 am

Very cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 1:39 pm

I'm back on here for the first time in a bit. In the meantime, I went with my girlfriend to meet my parents in Ontario (she only got to meet them for about a half-hour, back when we first started dating in July) for a week, then we drove out east to the Maritimes for another week to hang out with some of her family's friends. The latter journey involved a flat tire. And now I'm back in Sherbrooke, trying to motivate myself to get outside and work off some of the pounds I've gained over the holidays. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 3:07 pm

Driven wrote:
I'm back on here for the first time in a bit. In the meantime, I went with my girlfriend to meet my parents in Ontario (she only got to meet them for about a half-hour, back when we first started dating in July) for a week, then we drove out east to the Maritimes for another week to hang out with some of her family's friends. The latter journey involved a flat tire. And now I'm back in Sherbrooke, trying to motivate myself to get outside and work off some of the pounds I've gained over the holidays. Ugh.

Uh oh! Spendin' time with the not-yet-in-laws can only mean one thing ...

Random Ramblings - Page 10 D-rendered-silver-wedding-bells-isolated-white-background-29806136
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 10:57 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Our church is about to start a reading the Bible in 90 days.  Should be pretty intense.
I did that a couple years ago. It was very intense but when i got done, it was very rewarding.

I'm currently doing a plan to read the Bible over the year.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 2:28 pm

I agree about Daily Planet - LOVE that one !
I retired my from-scratch html music collection organization in favor of a more simplified Google Docs. So far so good. I can access it from anywhere on my cell phone, esp when I'm at a store and can't remember if I already own an album  Laughing
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 6:55 am

Why wait 90 days to start reading the Bible?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 8:10 am

messiaen77 wrote:

Why wait 90 days to start reading the Bible?

lol!

Your church is going to read THE Bible?  Do you only have one and you all have to share?  lol!

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 10:32 am

Betcha it's a King James.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 10:53 am

Driven wrote:
Betcha it's a King James.

Actually, it's NIV Razz
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 11:51 am

Whaaaaat? Everyone knows The Bible is KJV only, through and through. Tsk. Razz
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 3:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 9:23 am

College ministry sometimes involves setting up camp on the edge of a church parking lot, across from a pub, and serving free hot chocolate and cold water to more-or-less inebriated students from 11 PM to 3 AM. It's awesome to see students' faces light up.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 8:33 am

Driven wrote:
College ministry sometimes involves setting up camp on the edge of a church parking lot, across from a pub, and serving free hot chocolate and cold water to more-or-less inebriated students from 11 PM to 3 AM. It's awesome to see students' faces light up.

I think that is pretty awesome, Driven!  Most churches/Christians are not that gutsy.  Keep it up!!!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 am

I am preaching today at a church in Hermitage, TN that is very traditional and stuck in its ways just as my current church is.  My message that I feel God has given me will definitely rile them up.  I hope to be able to deliver it without coming off as harsh and judgemental.  I believe that this is the message I am supposed to deliver.  Since I am being considered for the pastor's position here, this could knock me out of being considered.  Because I believe this is what I am to speak, I am not afraid of not getting the job.  IF this is where God wants me, I believe the Lord will open the door.

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 9:05 am

Praying for boldness as well as grace for you alldat. Let us know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next