Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Random Ramblings - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 1:26 pm

We made a job offer to a drafter, young guy from the Ukraine.  He seems absolutely perfect for what we need.  I start processing all of his "new-employee" paper work and realize both is Visa and his "exchange" program expired 3 months ago....after 6 hours of research and conversations with two U.S. Immigration officials it appears that we cannot legally contract with him for work.  In the meantime the senior partner has already given rejection notices to the other candidates....and it looks like we might have to scramble to convince our "2nd choice" to come in (assuming he hasn't already taken a job with someone else).
Being a partner in a business can be a serious hassle....especially when the senior partner is bi-polar (but that's a whole other issue).

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 8:56 am

Ah, the international component. I have friends who have had to change work plans because of visas.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 3:41 pm

Driven wrote:
Ah, the international component. I have friends who have had to change work plans because of visas.

I'll bet.  The tough part is that we can't even confirm a prospective employees eligibility to work status until after we offer him/her the position.  That seems a little crazy.

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 6:58 pm

I've seen too many people in too few days. It was fun while it lasted, but I left a student ministry event (free meal for students) early because I have just had enough of big crowds for a while. It's strange, fundamentally I'm an introvert, but God has made me into someone who can actually hang out with strangers and enjoy it… sometimes.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 9:23 am

Why is it when you decide to do something God wants you to do (like for instance, live on a budget), everything possible gets in the way to actually do it?
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 11:03 am

Ooooo!   Ooooo!  I know this one!!!!  To try to derail you from following God's plans.  Remain faithful and the path will get easier.  That's been my experience at least.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 11:57 am

LOL... thanks man. It's just been a hard couple weeks. I can see the goal, and I can see where we are now, and the path between those two places is a treacherous, difficult one.

Weight loss is an even scarier path...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 5:30 pm

Driven wrote:
I've seen too many people in too few days. It was fun while it lasted, but I left a student ministry event (free meal for students) early because I have just had enough of big crowds for a while. It's strange, fundamentally I'm an introvert, but God has made me into someone who can actually hang out with strangers and enjoy it… sometimes.

You are much like many of us here at CHM.  I am more of what they call the "social introvert".  I can be the life of the party but then I HAVE to retreat to solitude.  I dont' keep a lot of friends preferring to be alone most of the time.  I come out for some social interactions and then hole up by myself.  I enjoy strangers many times more than the people I know as I don't have to get very deep with the interactions.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 9:01 pm

I can't stand everyone

JUST KIDDING !!!!

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 9:22 am

"I can't stand everyone"

Why, are you sitting down all the time?
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 9:46 am

I cant stand sitting down.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 11:51 am

LOL.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 5:46 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
I cant stand sitting down.

What a coincidence, I cannot sit standing.

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 9:30 pm

I can't stand losing youuuu
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Where do you stand on the subject of sitting?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 12:10 am

Not sure how much more of this I can stand
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 5:41 pm

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 1:22 pm

Our grandson stays for some nights with us.
It's keep you busy to have a baby in the house.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 9:53 pm

Apparently there exists a "bear wizz root beer", which I have seen but not yet drank.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 9:56 pm

I don't think I would drink anything called "bear wizz".  LOL

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 10:00 pm

Especially since one of my friends goes by the name Bear.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 10:14 pm

I sold some CDs on Facebook through a Christian music page.  I sold a Leviticus CD for a super low price that I should have asked much more for.  Why didn't I?  Because I just wanted to clear out some space.

Well, the guy has been hounding me swearing that the CD hasn't shown up.  From the get-go, he has been accusing me of stealing from him.  It is so ridiculous as his English is terrible and hard to understand.  I get the gist of what he is saying, though.

I am refunding his money as I am an honest man.  I've never had someone spew this much vitrol over a lost CD.  It happens, dude.  As strong as he has come off, I am almost betting that he has the CD and just wants his money, too.  I can't prove that, but that is what I suspect.  Either way, I will refund his money (minus the small fee that PayPal dinged him for).  I will also watch and make sure that I sell nothing else to him.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 6:59 am

Always best to get a tracking number when shipping so you can verify that it was delivered.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 7:09 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Always best to get a tracking number when shipping so you can verify that it was delivered.

I didn't do that due to uber low pricing.  I practically gave the CDs away and ate the shipping costs out of what I asked.  Needless to say, I still bet by his attitude that he has the disc.  Its done, though, and I will take it as a lesson learned.  I will also not sell to him again.

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 9:40 am

alldatndensum wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

I didn't do that due to uber low pricing.  I practically gave the CDs away and ate the shipping costs out of what I asked.  Needless to say, I still bet by his attitude that he has the disc.  Its done, though, and I will take it as a lesson learned.  I will also not sell to him again.

I don't believe in karma, but I do think that when people who call themselves Christ-followers act like that God kinda goes "Really, bro? Well, you just opened a door there." and sometimes, sometimes God allows stuff to happen to us that shows us why we shouldn't behave that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next