Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Random Ramblings - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Driven wrote:
Live music reminds me, there's a show I want to go to in town. Bruce Cockburn (if you haven't heard of him, he's sort of folk, country, rock, blues, all rolled into one) is playing in town. He grew up near where I grew up, and he's been playing since the '70s and still going strong, so I kind of want to see him. Only problem, tickets are $50 apiece. I have a hard time justifying spending that on a show.

As you can see more than one of us is familiar with Bruce Cockburn.  Laughing
I was never really a fan, and I didn't own any of his albums....but if you were old enough to pay attention to the radio in the mid 80's you almost couldn't get away from his hit "If I Had a Rocket Launcher" (at least here in the U.S., and I'm guessing it was probably an even bigger hit in Canada).

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 4:27 pm

This weekend kicks off our local county fair which has grown larger in crowd size than the Tennessee State Fair.  Also, we have tons of people coming to our area for observing the total eclipse on Monday.  The authorities are warning us to fill up on gas ahead of time due to temporary shortages caused by the travelers to our area as our area is prime for viewing the totality.  They have asked us to make sure you have all you need in the way of groceries due to all the travelers because stores may run low.  They have also warned us to turn the AC temperatures up a bit as we can expect brown or even blackouts due to the power grid here not being able to handle the increase in people staying here at hotels, B&Bs, people renting out houses, etc. to watch the eclipse.  Lastly, they have warned us about the length of time it could take to travel anywhere locally due to the hundreds of thousands of visitors just to our county.  Davidson Co., where Nashville is located, is anticipating 1.5 MILLION tourists to our area.  That's crazy!  Do people not have jobs anymore?  My school system is the only one OPEN and we are viewing the eclipse together.  It is going to be a madhouse!

Also, this weekend is the final two shows of "Ameri'kin Idull".  This is the play that I am doing with StageStruck Productions--our local community theater troupe.  We will do the show at a large B&B called the Thomas House.  They do a dinner theater there and we will be the show tonight and tomorrow night.  My wife and I are staying the night tonight just to say we've been there.  The Thomas House is supposedly "haunted" and has been featured on several paranormal shows.  I don't foresee having any encounters as A) I don't believe in that sort of thing, B) you never see "ghosts" taunting really strong Christians on those shows, and C) I have the sense to rebuke anything out of the ordinary in the name of Jesus!  I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in a spiritual realm consisting of angels and demons.  If you encounter a dark force, it is time to pray--not take pictures to impress your friends.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 12:48 am

Staybrite wrote:
Driven wrote:
Live music reminds me, there's a show I want to go to in town. Bruce Cockburn (if you haven't heard of him, he's sort of folk, country, rock, blues, all rolled into one) is playing in town. He grew up near where I grew up, and he's been playing since the '70s and still going strong, so I kind of want to see him. Only problem, tickets are $50 apiece. I have a hard time justifying spending that on a show.

As you can see more than one of us is familiar with Bruce Cockburn.  Laughing
I was never really a fan, and I didn't own any of his albums....but if you were old enough to pay attention to the radio in the mid 80's you almost couldn't get away from his hit "If I Had a Rocket Launcher" (at least here in the U.S., and I'm guessing it was probably an even bigger hit in Canada).

When you grow up where I did, you can't get away from the fact that it's Co-burn, because of the boats that share the name: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointer_boat The boat in the picture is in my town; I've walked by it often.

Rocket Launcher and Lovers In A Dangerous Time were Bruce's biggest hits, I think. U2 quoted part of the latter song (the "kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight" line).

Oh, and the eclipse. I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of it. I should be able to on the way to work, as I start at 3 PM. Have fun with that, Tennesseans. Very Happy My roommate's family has travelled (without my roommate) down to TN to see it.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 8:21 am

Tomorrow we have a family reunion. My niece and I have planned this afternoon.
I hope the family like it to be together and talk with each other.
We can walk in the woods.
We've chozen a location in the woods.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 1:56 pm

That sounds like fun Vu2. The woods are a nice place to be.

Life advice: If someone gives you a violin, make sure it's not actually a viola before you buy violin strings for it. Oh well, I now have a set of violin strings to give to my girlfriend, and a set of viola strings ordered on Amazon, and the hope of learning a different instrument. Violin is too mainstream anyway. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 3:15 pm

lol
What a giggle
Love your attitude D
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 7:56 am

Quote :
Oh, and the eclipse. I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of it. I should be able to on the way to work, as I start at 3 PM. Have fun with that, Tennesseans. Random Ramblings - Page 29 Icon_biggrin My roommate's family has travelled (without my roommate) down to TN to see it.

My county is the only one around that is still having school for the eclipse.  We are embracing it, though.  The school board has bought the special glasses for every student and staff member.  We will all go outside at 1 PM and watch most of the eclipse.  We will close and lock our gates and all visitors will be required to leave for security reasons.  We are gonna party in my class and have Sun Chips, Moon Pies, and Capri Suns!

The play I have been doing for the past three weeks is now over.  It is always a sad day when the final curtain call comes.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 2:05 pm

I hope you enjoyed being in the play. It sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 9:25 pm

It was tons of fun!  I wish I had more time to be in shows like this, but I don't.  Working in the ministry eats a lot of time.  I am just proud that I got to be a part of this one and even sing an original song.  If you want to hear it, go to the main music room or my personal Facebook page.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 4:11 pm

The eclipse was amazing today!  That is all!

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 6:20 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Tomorrow we have a family reunion. My niece and I have planned this afternoon.
I hope the family like it to be together and talk with each other.
We can walk in the woods.
We've chozen a location in the woods.

How was the reunion, RV?
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 6:21 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
The eclipse was amazing today!  That is all!

Very cool. I've never seen one. Did it go dark?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 7:59 pm

It got pretty dark, but not like nighttime dark.  It was about the same darkness as it is around 7:30 at night right now.

We had the total eclipse, so we got to see the diamond rings and could watch the totality without eye protection.  We could see Venus and Mercury without a telescope as well.  It was hazy enough that you could not see Mars and Jupiter which were also supposed to be visible.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 12:31 pm

It got a just little less light out where I was, but with solar shades you could see the moon in front of the sun. I'm holding out for 2024, when Eastern Québec is supposed to be right in the path.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 1:16 pm

We're pretty fortunate in that we were in totality for 2:38 this time, and in 2024 totality will hit south of us about 2 hours - where I have some family. We'll probably go down and be a part of it down there. My parents are both 60 and this is the first time they've ever been in totality.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 2:27 pm

It was wonderful to see all my family.
We were lucky because the weather was great.
Special was almost all of my family members were at the reunion.
Except one niece.
She's in Africal on a hospital ship for some months.
We started as a family of 7 persons and now we are with 37 persons.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 3:36 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
It was wonderful to see all my family.
We were lucky because the weather was great.
Special was almost all of my family members were at the reunion.
Except one niece.
She's in Africal on a hospital ship for some months.
We started as a family of 7 persons and now we are with 37 persons.

Sounds like a great time!

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 23, 2017 9:02 am

I've been bitten by the vinyl bug. For some reason, it really does sound different. I don't want to go and spend tons of money, but I want more vinyl Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Yes, Gary, we've had a great time.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 23, 2017 3:19 pm

Driven wrote:
I've been bitten by the vinyl bug. For some reason, it really does sound different. I don't want to go and spend tons of money, but I want more vinyl Random Ramblings - Page 29 Icon_biggrin

Don't dot it!  Resist the urge!  It will consume your every waking moment!  Laughing 

rockerVu2 wrote:
Yes, Gary, we've had a great time.
Thumbs Up

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 6:16 am

I have a major crick in my neck yesterday and today.  I hate not being able to turn without pain.  Oh, well.  A man has to eat and have money for music.  So, off to work I go.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 7:23 am

Many years ago there was an eclipse at my part of the world.
Slowly it became dark and darker, the birds stopped to sing.
It was an very special experience to watch this.
But I've never seen the diamond rings.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 7:30 am

Quote :

I have a major crick in my neck yesterday and today.  I hate not being able to turn without pain.  Oh, well.  A man has to eat and have money for music.  So, off to work I go.

You are in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 7:21 pm

I still have the crick in my neck.  I also had to go to my eye doctor today for another checkup, so my eyes are super dilated and very light sensitive.  I hate this feeling!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 7:25 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I still have the crick in my neck.  I also had to go to my eye doctor today for another checkup, so my eyes are super dilated and very light sensitive.  I hate this feeling!

Have you seen a chiropractor or physical therapist about your neck.  Often times there is a misalignment that you can correct with some therapeutic exercises.  Also keep in mind you are too old to head-bang....so stop it.

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next