Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Random Ramblings - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 7:58 pm

Jen5 wrote:
You boys are weird.

Welcome to CHM Cool

I'm at a women's conference right now. They wanted someone to do sound and recording, so I accepted. I'm tired and this is taking a massive bite out of my weekend, as I needed to recharge before next weekend (I'm going to be a groomsman next weekend!). On the other hand, it is good to hear a different perspective on life, coming from women speakers who have a very different experience of life than men.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 9:41 pm

Driven wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
You boys are weird.

Welcome to CHM Cool

I'm at a women's conference right now. They wanted someone to do sound and recording, so I accepted. I'm tired and this is taking a massive bite out of my weekend, as I needed to recharge before next weekend (I'm going to be a groomsman next weekend!). On the other hand, it is good to hear a different perspective on life, coming from women speakers who have a very different experience of life than men.

Gosh, you have a varied life...hops picking, beer making, sound guy, groomsman...what next?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 8:02 am

Hope it goes better with the crick in your neck is gone today.
Things like this are not cool.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 8:04 am

Jen5 wrote:
Driven wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
You boys are weird.

Welcome to CHM Cool

Gosh, you have a varied life...hops picking, beer making, sound guy, groomsman...what next?

I don't know, guess I'll find out tomorrow or in the next few days Very Happy

I need to get my hands on some rosin for my viola bow. I think that'll solve some of the creakiness and squeakiness. The rest of the terrible sounds will be due to me then Razz
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 7:34 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Hope it goes better with the crick in your neck is gone today.
Things like this are not cool.

While I am not always in pain, I have grown quite accustomed to not being able to turn my head.  I've had this for the better part of a month now.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 7:59 am

Jen5 wrote:
Driven wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
You boys are weird.

Welcome to CHM Cool

I don't know. Guess I'll have to see what happens next Very Happy

Today is the last day of the women's conference. I wish I had a better attitude about it, but I really wish this were over, for a variety of reasons. As it stands, we won't be done until at least 4:30 PM, and it's not even 9 AM yet. And then we have to pack stuff away.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 2:23 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

While I am not always in pain, I have grown quite accustomed to not being able to turn my head.  I've had this for the better part of a month now.

Hey alldat. I thought of another thing to try. Years ago I had chronic neck pain. I went to see a Bowen therapist and walked out of the session healed. An amazing experience. The Bowen Technique involved the therapist running his fingers (thumbs I think) over the tendons and ligaments and stretching the arms and shoulders in some magic combination. It doesn't hurt. I just felt a release of all the tension that was stopping my neck from moving freely. Pain gone. Amazing.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Driven wrote:

Today is the last day of the women's conference. I wish I had a better attitude about it, but I really wish this were over, for a variety of reasons. As it stands, we won't be done until at least 4:30 PM, and it's not even 9 AM yet. And then we have to pack stuff away.

Nearly over. Hang in there, Driven.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 4:59 pm

I have been dancing while using my flags. I am sore from head to toe.

Forget about walking at the park to lose weight. Dancing/flagging 30 minutes a day is a lot more strenuous.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 8:15 pm

Samson wrote:
I have been dancing while using my flags. I am sore from head to toe.

Forget about walking at the park to lose weight. Dancing/flagging 30 minutes a day is a lot more strenuous.

...not to mention more uplifting. What more could you ask for really...music, weight loss, a sense of achievement, and worship all wrapped up in one activity. Pretty awesome. Nice one Samson.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 8:22 pm

Call out to Xid. This is a virtual pat on the back for Joshua's Creed. I just created an account with iHeartRadio to do a sound check. While there, I looked up a few bands. Had a listen to "When Everything Dies." JC is sounding great on iHeart, Xid.

cheers Woo cheers Woo cheers Woo cheers Woo

(NB. That's supposed to be a Mexican wave)   Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 9:25 pm

I have had an amazing week.

I finished reading a book about servant evangelism and have just not jumped into it like I probably should.  But, it hit me Friday that I needed to look for opportunities.  I bought a tea for a young lady at Speedway, just told her that God loved her, and went my merry way.

On Saturday, I had pulled together volunteers from my church to serve with the American Diabetes Association bike ride fundraiser.  We were a rest stop for a group of hardcore cyclists who were doing 60 and 100 mile rides.  We made sure they had access to real bathrooms instead of port-a-johns.  We served them, talked to them, and even cheered the last couple of riders when they checked into our station.  It was so cool just serving and loving people.  What is even cooler is that they were just passing by our front door.  We would have been idiots NOT to help out in my opinion.

Then, today we took my small youth group to Circus World in Nashville.  We bowled, played laser tag, played video games and air hockey, some of the kids did bungee bouncing, rode the bumper cars, etc.  It was a load of fun!  But, to make it even better, I took a couple of dollars of my quarters I got to play for myself, picked a parent with a child, and just gave the kid and extra dollar to play with.  When I gave it, I spoke to the parent first and told them what I wanted.  Then, I gave the kid the money and just either said,"Jesus loves you," or, "God bless you."  The kids eyes lit up and the parents did too. 

I am not saying all of this to make me seem great--it's a small thing really.  I just noticed this weekend just how easy and how little it can take to show the love of Jesus to the world.  I am glad that the Lord is opening my eyes.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 9:39 pm

That's awesome, alldat. Every kindness makes the world a better place. That you're linking kindness so clearly to your ministry is just awesome.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 11:57 pm

Very cool, Chris!

Thank you, Jen!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 8:07 am

My shoulder is hurting.
I hope it will be over soon.
It's my left shoulder, so I feel it with a lot thinks I do.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 12:00 pm

Well, we've got our furniture, clothes, etc. moved into our new apartment up here in PA Smile
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 1:26 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Well, we've got our furniture, clothes, etc. moved into our new apartment up here in PA Smile

What about the important stuff? You know, your music collection?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 6:26 am

I am getting some relief from my neck now.  I returned to my chiropractor on Monday and he used some new electric gun thingie (that's a technical term) to pound the knot in my neck muscles.  I am much freer as I can now turn my head far enough around to be able to safely pull out of a parking spot.  Ooh, la-la!

Mixing is much harder than recording.  I just wanted to throw that out there.

Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 6:44 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I am getting some relief from my neck now.  I returned to my chiropractor on Monday and he used some new electric gun thingie (that's a technical term) to pound the knot in my neck muscles.  I am much freer as I can now turn my head far enough around to be able to safely pull out of a parking spot.  Ooh, la-la!

No more headbanging for you.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 7:01 am

alldatndensum wrote:

Aint it the truth. But then, sound engineers go to school for years to learn the craft. Meanwhile, you've been singing and playing for most of your life.

study    versus     Rockin'      hmmm
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 7:31 am

TTDR, how cool you have unpacked your stuff in your new appartment in PA.
I hope you love PA. When do you have to start with your new job?

Glad you are getting some relief for your neck.
My shoulder is still very painful.

I know, you never liked mixing.
I'll pray for you when you have to mix the songs of the new CD.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 8:25 am

ishmael81 wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:

What about the important stuff? You know, your music collection?

Oh yeah, it made it up here as well Very Happy  And we'll see if it actually made it without any breakage  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 8:27 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
TTDR, how cool you have unpacked your stuff in your new appartment in PA.
I hope you love PA. When do you have to start with your new job?

Actually, I started working up here July 31st.  I got to stay in a furnished apartment covered by the company until we moved into our new townhome.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 6:15 am

Quote :
I know, you never liked mixing.
I'll pray for you when you have to mix the songs of the new CD.

Getting the vocals, guitars, and bass right is easy.  I have had lots of practice screwing that up!  Mixing in the live drums is the hard part!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 7:23 am

I hope you can get the live drums on the way you want to have it.
After you've mixed the CD, the CD has to be manufactured isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next