Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Random Ramblings - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 12:42 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Xid wrote:
Unless you already have a following and/or are out gigging a lot, Facebook is mostly a waste of time.  Folks will come like your page but it pretty much stops there.

I've been sick for a few days now. Chest cold, high fever, seriously tired...blah-di, blah-di, blah. Anyway today I got such a boost. I think I might just have to revise my bad attitude to Facebook. It might just have a place in my world. A couple months ago, we released a song called "I Cry No More." It shares the message that God loves us no matter what. The main lyrics are "I was fallen....filled with greed....when I called out....you healed my pain. I am a sinner but I confess. I cry no more cause I am blessed.....No judgement made just grace bestowed. Healing hands of you mercy my heart is whole........Thank you for this soul you've saved....Thank you for this resting place blahblahblah" In short, it's a great message and one I would love to share with many.

So my lovely musical partner, John, made a video for the song. He posted it on the Facebook page he runs and placed a targetted ad in the USA, Canada, NZ, Australia, UK and France. Wouldn't you know, it got over 4000 hits in the first three hours! We got one share and one lovely, supportive message from a woman who says she loves it. Now I'm not naive. I do realize that many of those 1000s might have turned the song off after 10 seconds in disgust but we just potentially ministered to 4000 people! 4,000!!! I am SO thrilled.
4,000 is great! I ran a couple of FB ads and got about 100 likes for the ad but nothing else.  No page likes or listens to the music.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Driven wrote:
There are various technical teams in the engineering department at my school. Some are in vehicle racing competitions (track, bike, baja); some are a little far out like the concrete canoe group; some are epic like the rocket building group. Me? I joined the brewing team, of course. Laughing We join brewing competitions with other schools, and we have a partnership with a major bar in town where we can use their equipment and brew stuff for them. Today, we went hops picking; there are a couple patches of hops in the school's community garden. It should be a fun time with the group.

That's pretty cool! Cool I remember the concrete canoe competitions.  It's pretty fascinating.  But brewing sounds way more practical Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 2:50 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
TTDR wrote:
Our house survived Harvey as well as the torrential rain the ensued afterwards.  We got over 50" of rain in our area Random Ramblings - Page 33 Icon_eekThey originally said that this was a 500 year flood (which our neighborhood's drainage system was planned for) but it turned out to be a 1000 year flood Random Ramblings - Page 33 Icon_eek

I was glad to see your house (and wife) were alright.  Must have been tough with you being in PA away from her during that nasty storm.

Fortunately, she left before the hurricane hit and went to her parents in the DFW area.  I actually went there this past weekend for a few days.  Hopefully she'll be able to find a job up here soon so we can all be back together Smile

That would be great!

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 5:08 am

Quote :
Quote :
So my lovely musical partner, John, made a video for the song. He posted it on the Facebook page he runs and placed a targeted ad in the USA, Canada, NZ, Australia, UK and France. Wouldn't you know, it got over 4000 hits in the first three hours! We got one share and one lovely, supportive message from a woman who says she loves it. Now I'm not naive. I do realize that many of those 1000s might have turned the song off after 10 seconds in disgust but we just potentially ministered to 4000 people! 4,000!!! I am SO thrilled.
4,000 is great! I ran a couple of FB ads and got about 100 likes for the ad but nothing else.  No page likes or listens to the music.
We're now at 5.2K hits. Wahoo! Of all my recorded songs THIS is the one I had most hoped would get heard. It's not the best song and not the best sung, but it's got the best message.

Very happy
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 5:17 am

That's pretty cool! Cool I remember the concrete canoe competitions.  It's pretty fascinating.  But brewing sounds way more practical Very Happy

Concrete canoe? Huh?

Must be a weird American thing like the weird and wacky polar bear swim they do in Vancouver every year where folks dress up in strange costumes and plunge into the freezing cold water on January 1st when most sane folks are sleeping in. Here it's the jaffa race where they haul 25,000 jaffas (which are lollies like M&Ms but round and filled with orange flavoured chocolate) up the steepest street and let them loose in the country's weirdest race. Each one is numbered so they somehow (dunno how) figure out which one of the thousands is the winner.

Concrete canoe??? Huh?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 10:49 am

Sadly, Dillon has stepped down from Joshua's Creed.  Let the vocalist search begin!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 11:14 am

Jen5 wrote:

Concrete canoe? Huh?

Must be a weird American thing like the weird and wacky polar bear swim they do in Vancouver every year where folks dress up in strange costumes and plunge into the freezing cold water on January 1st when most sane folks are sleeping in. Here it's the jaffa race where they haul 25,000 jaffas (which are lollies like M&Ms but round and filled with orange flavoured chocolate) up the steepest street and let them loose in the country's weirdest race. Each one is numbered so they somehow (dunno how) figure out which one of the thousands is the winner.

Concrete canoe??? Huh?

Yep, it's a competition set between civil engineering students from nearby campuses.  It's kind of like a cardboard boat competition where something that shouldn't be used as a boat is used as a bost Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 12:22 pm

Xid wrote:
Sadly, Dillon has stepped down from Joshua's Creed.  Let the vocalist search begin!

Rather bummed to hear that.  I'll be praying you can find the right singer from the job.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 2:33 pm

Jen5 wrote:

Concrete canoe? Huh?

Concrete canoe??? Huh?

Yep, it's a competition set between civil engineering students from nearby campuses.  It's kind of like a cardboard boat competition where something that shouldn't be used as a boat is used as a bost Very Happy

You may have to run the page through Google Translate or something, but it really is a thing:
https://canoebeton.espaceweb.usherbrooke.ca/index.html

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 5:32 pm

Well I'll be! Never imagined that concrete would float, but when I think on it, of course it can if it displaces enough water. That's far more technical than our jaffa race.   lol
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 6:01 pm

I have been down in my back since Friday.  Today, the crick in my neck that I have had off and on for 3 weeks has returned.  I am a broken down old man.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Sorry to hear that alldat. If what you're doing to help it isn't helping, it might be time to change tack. Did you go see someone about it?
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 6:14 pm

BTW, 47 is so not old.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 7:07 pm

I went to my regular chiropractor a couple of weeks ago.  I followed his directions and got to feeling a lot better even though my neck was still stiff.  I woke up this morning with the full painful crick again.

And 47 is half dead.  There aren't many men living until 94.  This ride is probably more than half over.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Now that's just depressing. The glass is half full my friend. I'm not going to be half dead until I'm at least losing consciousness.   Wink
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 9:15 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Now that's just depressing. The glass is half full my friend. I'm not going to be half dead until I'm at least losing consciousness.   Wink

If you are losing consciousness, then you have one foot in the grave and one on a banana peel.  lol!

It may be depressing or morbid, but I feel that I am somewhat of a realist.  I can think positive thoughts all I want, but this mortal shell is getting older.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 9:50 pm

Since the day you were born.  lol
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 8:39 am

Jen5 wrote:
Well I'll be! Never imagined that concrete would float, but when I think on it, of course it can if it displaces enough water. That's far more technical than our jaffa race.   lol

If a battleship made of steel can float, why not a concrete canoe? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 5:11 pm

I finished building my 23rd guitar today.  I would show pictures, but my brother has asked me not to until the fundraiser I built it for has begun.  I built it to help raise funds for my niece who is in the high school band where she goes to school.  It is a license plate resonator, so the plate is actually has the school name and mascot on it.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Cool!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 12:07 pm

Quote :
And 47 is half dead

ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 2:58 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :
And 47 is half dead

ROTFL

I prefer "mostly dead" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 6:04 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :
And 47 is half dead

ROTFL

Mostly dead is slightly alive.

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 6:30 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :
And 47 is half dead

ROTFL

I'm not quite dead.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 6:45 pm

You boys are weird.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 33 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next