Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Random Ramblings - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 8:27 am

And don't forget to add in the time it takes to have it ripped by someone to some Russian site for people to download for free along with any virus they put with the music files Very Happy
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 11:19 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
I know, you never liked mixing.
I'll pray for you when you have to mix the songs of the new CD.

Getting the vocals, guitars, and bass right is easy.  I have had lots of practice screwing that up!  Mixing in the live drums is the hard part!
What's hard about it?  You just make everything as loud as possible, right?  That way it all balances out.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 11:57 am

messiaen77 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
I know, you never liked mixing.
I'll pray for you when you have to mix the songs of the new CD.

Getting the vocals, guitars, and bass right is easy.  I have had lots of practice screwing that up!  Mixing in the live drums is the hard part!
What's hard about it?  You just make everything as loud as possible, right?  That way it all balances out.

That sounds like a plan for a black metal record, only you also have to play certain sections of the songs as fast as possible...
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 3:31 pm

I actually enjoy mixing and tweaking.  I like hearing it all come together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 6:52 pm

I saw this headline and immediately thought of my A Christmas Story fan friends over here on CHM.  santa rendeer

http://www.slashfilm.com/matthew-broderick-a-christmas-story/
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 1:52 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
And don't forget to add in the time it takes to have it ripped by someone to some Russian site for people to download for free along with any virus they put with the music files Very Happy

I know you're joking here, but it's quite the coincidence that you mentioned theft because my latest album was snatched today. It's now on half a dozen torrent sites. I am seriously annoyed. Music is how I make my living. For every dope who downloads from those sites, they're stealing food from my table. This is my not happy face     Mad    Actually, no, this is my not happy face    Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 8:47 am

The pain in my arm and shoulder are not over.
Monday I've to call the dr. to solve this.
It's bummer.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 9:48 am

Jen5 wrote:

I know you're joking here, but it's quite the coincidence that you mentioned theft because my latest album was snatched today. It's now on half a dozen torrent sites. I am seriously annoyed. Music is how I make my living. For every dope who downloads from those sites, they're stealing food from my table. This is my not happy face     Mad    Actually, no, this is my not happy face    Evil or Very Mad

Sorry to hear that Jen, incredibly frustrating.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 9:49 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
It's bummer.

Not fun at all, I hope they can help you get rid of the pain.

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 5:46 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Jen5 wrote:

Sorry to hear that Jen, incredibly frustrating.

Thanks Staybrite. I'm now seeing the silver lining (which is funny because I finished writing a song about seeing the silver lining yesterday just before finding out about our pirated work). On the positive side, I suppose it's increased exposure. Plus, some of the sites link to John's Facebook page and our youtube channel. John found out this morning that on one of the sites it's already been downloaded 155 times (that's a lot of groceries). Still, I doubt anyone who would download pirated music would ever have bought it so I suppose I shouldn't be pining for lost steak and chips.  lol

The best upside is that that's 155 people who receive our message of God's grace and forgiveness. It took a bit of emotional work on my part to get to this point, but I'm letting it go.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 5:47 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
It's bummer.

God be with you, rV
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 8:33 am

No Gary, this pain really hurts.
It's a tendon inflammation.
I've had this before and now I remember how painful it was.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 10:00 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
No Gary, this pain really hurts.
It's a tendon inflammation.
I've had this before and now I remember how painful it was.

Not at all good, I will be praying for you sister.  Crying or Very sad

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 10:08 am

Jen5 wrote:

Thanks Staybrite. I'm now seeing the silver lining (which is funny because I finished writing a song about seeing the silver lining yesterday just before finding out about our pirated work). On the positive side, I suppose it's increased exposure. Plus, some of the sites link to John's Facebook page and our youtube channel. John found out this morning that on one of the sites it's already been downloaded 155 times (that's a lot of groceries). Still, I doubt anyone who would download pirated music would ever have bought it so I suppose I shouldn't be pining for lost steak and chips.  lol

The best upside is that that's 155 people who receive our message of God's grace and forgiveness. It took a bit of emotional work on my part to get to this point, but I'm letting it go.

I get really peeved when I run into the people with the attitude that "music should be free".  I swear the only three millennials I know who understand it isn't ok to steal music are my children.  At least you have the right attitude about it.  On the flip-slide I'm tired of hearing artists complain that they have lost thousands in sales because a site had 3,000 illegal downloads of their latest album.  I've talked to dozens of people who "steal music" from pirate sites and almost none of them would ever pay for music.  3,000 illegal downloads does not equal 3,000 albums that would have been sold if it wasn't for internet pirating.  In truth I seriously doubt it equals 300 or even 30 lost sales.
I hope all 155 of those people are impacted (in a good way) by your music and realize they should have purchased the album legally.

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 11:34 am

When I put the Joshua's Creed album up on sale I had a guy post, "It should be free."  I responded with, "Why is that?  A lot of time an effort went into it."

He didn't respond.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 12:11 pm

Xid wrote:
When I put the Joshua's Creed album up on sale I had a guy post, "It should be free."  I responded with, "Why is that?  A lot of time an effort went into it."

He didn't respond.
Some people are idiots!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 12:12 pm

Which brings me to (what most know already)...
The guy who predicted that the 23rd will be the end of the world has changed his mind.
Now it's just the start of the end of the world.
Stupid

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Xid wrote:

He didn't respond.

Absolutely crazy.  I bet he wouldn't work a 40 hour week at his job for no pay....I just cannot understand that attitude.

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 7:19 am

Why is it that church sound board operators think Meat Loaf was being prescriptive with "Everything Louder than Everything Else"?
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 7:57 am

messiaen77 wrote:
Why is it that church sound board operators think Meat Loaf was being prescriptive with "Everything Louder than Everything Else"?
Wasn't that Lemmy from Motörhead?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 10:00 am

ishmael81 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Nope, Meat Loaf.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 10:25 am

It's been in the low-to-mid-80s (up to 30°C) this past week, and it'll stay this high for a couple more days. It was super cold a couple weeks ago, so I naturally assumed any trace of summer was over, but nope. It's humid too. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 11:03 am

ishmael81 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Nope, Meat Loaf.
Yep, I thought it was Motorhead too, but Meat beat them to it.  HOWEVER... it seems the real blame must fall on Ritchie Blackmore who was having trouble hearing in his monitor and actually asked a sound engineer if he could get everything louder than everything else.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 2:55 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Nope, Meat Loaf.
Yep, I thought it was Motorhead too, but Meat beat them to it.  HOWEVER... it seems the real blame must fall on Ritchie Blackmore who was having trouble hearing in his monitor and actually asked a sound engineer if he could get everything louder than everything else.

Should've known . . . . old Blackmore ruins something else  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 3:09 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Nope, Meat Loaf.
Should've known . . . . old Blackmore ruins something else  Very Happy

lol. Now there's a charmer. Here's a daft Blackmore quote: "The only way you can get good unless you're a genius is to copy. That's the best thing. Just steal."
What a guy.    Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next