Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Random Ramblings - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 11:24 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
The large Walmart sized churches are also very popular around here as well.  There are some smaller churches, but I don't think they tend to see a lot of new members from outside the regular families that attend.  We are one of the more "unchurched" regions in the country, so many people have nothing to do with any church.

While I live in the buckle of the Bible belt, we are becoming more and more unchurched.  While you will find close to 80% claiming to be affiliated as "Christian", less than 40% even attend a local congregation.  That number is growing as more and more people move here for our lower taxes and jobs.

What I am seeing here are more non-denominational churches popping up that are preaching a very simplistic, but full, gospel.  They are giving people an openness to more forms of music, strong preaching, some teaching without demanding 3 times a week attendance for discipleship, and more opportunities to serve outside the church.  These churches are growing like wildfire while the smaller churches (under 100) are struggling to have more than just the "over 60" crowd that they currently draw.  Those smaller churches are clueless, too, as to why they are shrinking.

The passage of yours I have "bolded" above (very accurately) describes about 90% of the churches in our part of the state.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:14 am

Job interview tomorrow at a threading company. My friend worked there last summer and he described it me. I doubt I'd love it, but it'll give me a bit of money for the next year and some good experience.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 2:53 pm

Driven wrote:
Job interview tomorrow at a threading company. My friend worked there last summer and he described it me. I doubt I'd love it, but it'll give me a bit of money for the next year and some good experience.

At your age you don't need a career, you just need a job that will get you some money to fix your car....and keep that girlfriend happy. Very Happy

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 7:19 am

Tuesday is Levi day here.
It means I don't have much time to be online.
That little guy is asking lots of time.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 12:24 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Tuesday is Levi day here.
It means I don't have much time to be online.
That little guy is asking lots of time.

Oh yes, the little ones are like that. But they are so much fun to have around.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 9:59 am

Coughing for 3 nights make me tired.
I wish it was over so I could sleep at night.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 7:13 pm

Very sorry to hear that sister, I hope you can get over your cough and get some sleep soon.

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 8:53 pm

I found an electric mandolin posted at $100 on Kijiji (the less-sketchy version of Craigslist). I offered $80, we'll see what comes of it. I hope to plug it in and have some fun.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 9:24 am

Staybrite, it goes better.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 10:38 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
The large Walmart sized churches are also very popular around here as well.  There are some smaller churches, but I don't think they tend to see a lot of new members from outside the regular families that attend.  We are one of the more "unchurched" regions in the country, so many people have nothing to do with any church.

While I live in the buckle of the Bible belt, we are becoming more and more unchurched.  While you will find close to 80% claiming to be affiliated as "Christian", less than 40% even attend a local congregation.  That number is growing as more and more people move here for our lower taxes and jobs.

What I am seeing here are more non-denominational churches popping up that are preaching a very simplistic, but full, gospel.  They are giving people an openness to more forms of music, strong preaching, some teaching without demanding 3 times a week attendance for discipleship, and more opportunities to serve outside the church.  These churches are growing like wildfire while the smaller churches (under 100) are struggling to have more than just the "over 60" crowd that they currently draw.  Those smaller churches are clueless, too, as to why they are shrinking.

The passage of yours I have "bolded" above (very accurately) describes about 90% of the churches in our part of the state.

We're not a Wal-Mart sized church, but i can confidently say that we don't need to be. Our church body has done soooo much in the areas of outreach and witnessing while at the same time refusing to water down the gospel in order to get new members.

My pastor isn't intimidated or worried about losing the church's 501c3 status. He told the whole body a couple years ago that if the government wanted our building that bad, they could have it. We'll just set up a big tent and have church outside.

I'll also say that the International House of Prayer in Kansas City has been one of the most involved ministries when it comes to revival hubs. We took what we learned from them, used it in our own church, and encouraged other churches with that same model. Now there are so many of these revival hubs springing up all over the place. And believe me, it ain't the size of the building that matters. I've been in some small ones. And big ones.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 11:36 am

I spent a few hours in the studio this morning.  It was fun!  However, I do wish I was more confident as a lead player!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 11:44 am

alldatndensum wrote:
However, I do wish I was more confident as a lead player!
I wish I were more skilled.   lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 6:07 pm

Here's one for those of you on a worship team Laughing Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Funny!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 7:36 pm

So I took part in a compilation album.

Last edited by Cydonius on Thu May 11, 2017 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 8:05 am

Anyplace else to hear it?  I don't care for iTunes.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 9:46 am

Unfortunately not yet. I'm thinking it will be on Spotify at some point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 12:01 pm

The song I contributed does not have explicit lyrics.

Last edited by Cydonius on Thu May 11, 2017 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Bought a mandolin for $80. Great purchase, plays well and is light. It sounds awesome through a distortion pedal. I can now live out all my Nash The Slash dreams. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 2:03 pm

sunny

Last edited by Cydonius on Thu May 11, 2017 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 7:40 am

My grandson was avle to stand and made his first steps.
My little boy is growing so fast.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 10:27 am

Very cool!  They do grow up fast.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 5:18 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
My grandson was avle to stand and made his first steps.
My little boy is growing so fast.

Very cool!

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 10:22 pm

I hear ya.  My baby turned 7 today.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 6:19 am

Driven wrote:
Bought a mandolin for $80. Great purchase, plays well and is light. It sounds awesome through a distortion pedal. I can now live out all my Nash The Slash dreams. Very Happy

I had a busted one given to me.  I tried gluing the neck back into place but left a tiny gap.  This makes the neck sit a little too straight and makes it impossible to put a mandolin bridge on it.

So, this summer, I plan to cut that neck off and place it on a similar sized cigar box creating my own hybrid.  It should be fun.  If it works, then I will be able to record using a mandolin in the future which I have always wanted to do.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next