Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Random Ramblings - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 8:16 am

Here in St Louis yesterday it was 15 when I took my son to school (around 7:40 AM CST) and by the time I left work at 6 (yay overtime!) it was almost 40. This morning it's about 33.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 4:07 pm

Except with you all, I don't think I should discuss music online.  If you say you don't like something and can articulate why you don't like it, the mob will pounce.  I guess I should just embrace that I think some so-called "art" is garbage and that others love it.  I don't really have to have an opinion even if asked.  I don't have to stick my head up and should just go along with the masses and keep my thoughts to myself.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 4:57 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Except with you all, I don't think I should discuss music online.  If you say you don't like something and can articulate why you don't like it, the mob will pounce.  I guess I should just embrace that I think some so-called "art" is garbage and that others love it.  I don't really have to have an opinion even if asked.  I don't have to stick my head up and should just go along with the masses and keep my thoughts to myself.

I usually just try to say something like "eh, it's just not my thing" rather than what I really want to say which is usually something like "holy cow this is a steaming pile of dog feces, this has to be the worst gaggle of talentless hacks I have ever heard".

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 7:37 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I usually just try to say something like "eh, it's just not my thing" rather than what I really want to say which is usually something like "holy cow this is a steaming pile of dog feces, this has to be the worst gaggle of talentless hacks I have ever heard".

I gave up giving negative opinions on music years ago. I can take 'em but I no longer give 'em.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 9:58 pm

I just applied for a summer job in a provincial park where I'd be a presenter for various events, nature walks, and stargazing nights. I'll be applying for more, but I particularly hope to get this one.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 8:30 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I gave up giving negative opinions on music years ago. I can take 'em but I no longer give 'em.

I'm with you staybrite. Yesterday our worship team leader mentioned liking Celine Dion. She's talented but I can't stand her music. So what I said was "She's talented, but that's not really a style of music I care for." No one cared and our worship leader was like "I understand." and didn't care.

Now when I told some folks I don't like the Beatles, that was a little different...
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 2:21 pm

First rule of covering the Beatles . . . don't cover the Beatles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Quote :
First rule of covering the Beatles . . . don't cover the Beatles Random Ramblings - Page 16 Icon_biggrin

lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 2:50 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
blah blah...

more blah blah...

additional blah blah..

I'm with you staybrite. Yesterday our worship team leader mentioned liking Celine Dion. She's talented but I can't stand her music. So what I said was "She's talented, but that's not really a style of music I care for." No one cared and our worship leader was like "I understand." and didn't care.

Now when I told some folks I don't like the Beatles, that was a little different...

Oh I'll bet that went over like a lead zeppelin!!! 

ROTFL

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 3:39 pm

Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
blah blah...

more blah blah...

additional blah blah..

ROTFL

Yeah it was a real Journey.... Broke my friend's Heart...
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 11:40 am

ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
blah blah...

more blah blah...

additional blah blah..

ROTFL

Just don't close the Doors to these bands or treat them like some Foreigner.  Doing so would be a Cheap Trick.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 1:47 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
blah blah...

more blah blah...

additional blah blah..

ROTFL

Just don't close the Doors to these bands or treat them like some Foreigner.  Doing so would be a Cheap Trick.

Keep up the joking and I'll call The Police and they'll beat you till you're Deep Purple...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 4:03 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
blah blah...

more blah blah...

additional blah blah..

ROTFL

Keep up the joking and I'll call The Police and they'll beat you till you're Deep Purple...

Reading through all this makes me realize that you all are one Motley Crue who probably sniffed too much exhaust fumes while sitting in The Cars parked in your garages.

lol! lol! lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 4:12 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
blah blah...

more blah blah...

additional blah blah..

ROTFL

Reading through all this makes me realize that you all are one Motley Crue who probably sniffed too much exhaust fumes while sitting in The Cars parked in your garages.

lol! lol! lol!

Easy there Mr. Big! Don't criticize too much - I'll jump on the Grand Funk Railroad to Kansas, go to The Ramones' house, and put you in Dire Straits!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 8:02 am

My 8 month old grandson was having lunch with oma yesterday. He can sit now to eat a sandwich.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 9:03 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
My 8 month old grandson was having lunch with oma yesterday. He can sit now to eat a sandwich.
Nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 3:32 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
blah blah...

more blah blah...

additional blah blah..

ROTFL

lol! lol! lol!

Easy there Mr. Big! Don't criticize too much - I'll jump on the Grand Funk Railroad to Kansas, go to The Ramones' house, and put you in Dire Straits!

Whoa whoa whoa!!! Don't get into such a Five Iron Frenzy over there. Wanting someone Obliteration is a bit much and chasing them around with a Skillet is frowned upon in some parts.  But I'm sure I'm just preaching to The Choir.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 4:24 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
blah blah...

more blah blah...

additional blah blah..

ROTFL

lol! lol! lol!

Whoa whoa whoa!!! Don't get into such a Five Iron Frenzy over there. Wanting someone Obliteration is a bit much and chasing them around with a Skillet is frowned upon in some parts.  But I'm sure I'm just preaching to The Choir.

Ya'll keep this up and you are going to need a Guardian to protect you.  Accept this, and I'll behave like a Saint.  If not, I will hit you with a 20 lb. Sledge day and night until the Third Day.  You may want to flee to Europe or someplace safe!

lol!

Back to top Go down
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 6:47 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
blah blah...

more blah blah...

additional blah blah..

ROTFL

lol! lol! lol!

Ya'll keep this up and you are going to need a Guardian to protect you.  Accept this, and I'll behave like a Saint.  If not, I will hit you with a 20 lb. Sledge day and night until the Third Day.  You may want to flee to Europe or someplace safe!

lol!

Safe? if this gets to the Queen, she's gonna put you in the den of Def Leppards and demand that you change your Worldview. If you don't, then you can KISS your Wish For Eden goodbye...
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 12:20 pm

crucifyd wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
blah blah...

more blah blah...

additional blah blah..

ROTFL

lol! lol! lol!

lol!

Safe? if this gets to the Queen, she's gonna put you in the den of Def Leppards and demand that you change your Worldview. If you don't, then you can KISS your Wish For Eden goodbye...
Whatever you do, watch out for the Venom of the Whitesnake.  If it gets its teeth in you, you are going to need more than a Tourniquet to keep the Grim Reaper at bay.  No Cinderella story here, just pure Poison flooding your body.  Next thing you know, the White Lion is dragging your Carcass all the way to the Florida-Georgia Line.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 12:29 pm

Need to vent this in a place of somewhat anonymity.  So this university where my wife and I work pays crap.  At best 75% of benchmark.  They keep cutting their contributions to retirement and insurance, which essentially means, they cut salaries each year.  Now, they are pushing for faculty and staff to actually donate money to the university to improve opportunities for students!!!!!!   Are they serious????  You want to improve opportunities for students, how about not cutting programs because you don't think it leads to a viable career path?  How about not cutting faculty so you can hire a new V.P. of Doing What Three Other People Are Already Doing?  How about paying faculty what they are worth to raise morale and keep quality faculty members from leaving?  How about understanding that there is a difference between running an institution of higher learning and running the most pointless twig of the bloated government bureaucracy.

Whew, I wish I could say I felt better.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 1:11 pm

Oh man how frustrating.  Feel for you brother.  Is this a public or private University?

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:48 pm

That indeed sucks
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 10:51 am

messiaen77 wrote:
Need to vent this in a place of somewhat anonymity.  So this university where my wife and I work pays crap.  At best 75% of benchmark.  They keep cutting their contributions to retirement and insurance, which essentially means, they cut salaries each year.  Now, they are pushing for faculty and staff to actually donate money to the university to improve opportunities for students!!!!!!   Are they serious????  You want to improve opportunities for students, how about not cutting programs because you don't think it leads to a viable career path?  How about not cutting faculty so you can hire a new V.P. of Doing What Three Other People Are Already Doing?  How about paying faculty what they are worth to raise morale and keep quality faculty members from leaving?  How about understanding that there is a difference between running an institution of higher learning and running the most pointless twig of the bloated government bureaucracy.

Whew, I wish I could say I felt better.
I felt for a second there like you worked with me.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 8:48 pm

Random Ramblings - Page 16 Image112

309 Registered Users..... and only about 12 to 15 that actually ever post anything Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next