Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael Sweet/Stryper

Go down 
+10
ChosenOne
rockerVu2
Fundy
bigjtink
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Driven
ishmael81
Preacherman777
rich71
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Michael Sweet/Stryper  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet/Stryper    Michael Sweet/Stryper  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 6:18 pm

Preacherman777 wrote:
You seem to insist on consistently talking down to me because of my opinions and treating me like a bad person. I have to say that I'm beginning to understand why you would defend the behavior of the mods over at the Realm. I'm sorry to see it. I really am. You're the guy running the show and it would seem, you are the most judgmental and intolerant of those who hold such opinions because of their conscience before God.

That is a personal attack if ever I saw one.

Preacherman777 wrote:
I have condemned no one. Not even Stryper.

Maybe not condemnation....but you've done a pretty decent job with the name-calling

Preacherman777 wrote:
All I did was respond to rich's question and have conversation with those who questioned me about my opinions. You on the other hand have been very condemning and I can't figure out a reason why except that I am trying to be true to the Word of God. That's the way it looks to me anyway.

Not at all sure where anyone "condemned" you on this board, but this statement makes (at least a passive agressive) stab at anyone who disagrees with your opinion because apprantly they aren't trying to be "true to the word of God". At least that's how I see it (and I expect others would as well).

brokentulsa wrote:
Pm777.. hiway to hell is not about partying in hell..its about life on the road touring. That comes straight from the author.

Preacherman777 wrote:
I grew up listening to Highway to Hell. I don't care what they say it's about, I know what the lyrics say and what I got out of it.

A little off topic (though not much), but to ignore authorial intent and insert one's own definition of a written/recorded work is a very slippery slope. It is part of the reason we get so many heretical interpretations of the bible.

This thread is a train-wreck, and has certainly turned into a "Christians bashing Christians" scenerio. I'm going to shut it down (at least temporarily) and ask the mods/admins to chime in and see if they think I was hasting in closing it. If Rich or Preacherman777 want to think I used my admin powers to "win some argument" by "having the last word" go ahead....but in all honesty that is not why I'm shutting down this thread. Several people have sent me PMs basically asking me to put an end to this, and I agree with them.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Michael Sweet/Stryper  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet/Stryper    Michael Sweet/Stryper  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Quote :
You know, I got to be honest. I've been able to have pretty decent and
respectful conversation with everyone here for the most part, except it
seems for you. You seem to insist on consistently talking down to me
because of my opinions and treating me like a bad person. I have to say
that I'm beginning to understand why you would defend the behavior of
the mods over at the Realm. I'm sorry to see it. I really am. You're the
guy running the show and it would seem, you are the most judgmental and
intolerant of those who hold such opinions because of their conscience
before God.

This thread stops here. I am not going to be insulted on my own board when no one else has really disagreed with me. If I am out of line, I trust my mods/admins to correct me.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Michael Sweet/Stryper
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7