Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael Sweet/Stryper News

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Michael Sweet/Stryper News Empty
PostSubject: Michael Sweet/Stryper News   Michael Sweet/Stryper News I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 8:53 pm

I just listened to a podcast from a few months ago with Eddie Trunk interviewing Michael Sweet.
Michael dropped some hints about what is going on musically.  It's an older interview from back in February and the 3rd Sweet Lynch album hadn't come out yet (it has since been released).  But Michael indicated that he has written the music for another solo album as well as being involved with an AOR type project that should come out on Frontiers (he said think Journey meets Foreigner).  Michael also said not to assume that the title of Stryper's last album "The Final Battle" was not supposed to indicate the last recording of the band.  He said that Stryper does have an acoustic album coming out sometime this year (or possibly next year).  Also they are hoping to release the Stryper documentary next year.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet/Stryper News   Michael Sweet/Stryper News I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2023 11:39 am

Tracy Guns also posted that the music for the new Sunroad album had been sent to Michael for him to add vocals to.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet/Stryper News   Michael Sweet/Stryper News I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 5:31 am

Interesting but I am not interested in acoustic Stryper. While it might be an enjoyable listen I doubt it’s something I would buy.

alldatndensum, Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet/Stryper News   Michael Sweet/Stryper News I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 9:51 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Interesting but I am not interested in acoustic Stryper. While it might be an enjoyable listen I doubt it’s something I would buy.

They would have to do something really amazing to make me want that.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet/Stryper News   Michael Sweet/Stryper News I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 1:01 pm

Yep, that's a pass for me too.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet/Stryper News   Michael Sweet/Stryper News I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 3:11 pm

I would certainly give an acoustic album a listen before I committed to purchasing anything.

AtomicFan

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2023-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet/Stryper News   Michael Sweet/Stryper News I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 23, 2023 11:30 pm

I'll hard pass on the Stryper acoustic album and on a Michael Sweet praise album that he also said was coming. 

I'll also probably pass on the Sunbomb follow-up album as I thought the first one was dreadful.

Speaking of accoustic Stryper, I recently watched clips of the Oz and Michael accoustic performance from Skull Fest in 2013 on YouTube. It's funny, I was AT that show and left early that Sunday night because I had to wake up super early to get to the airport and their set wasn't even starting until like 10 pm. I used to kick myself in the rear for missing it, but after finally watching the performance on YouTube, I am glad I skipped it. It didn't help the set that the drunken John Corabi and Faster Pussycat kept interrupting and causing issues (that part I had heard about back then). It's funny, it took me 10 years to finally watch the videos and realize I didn't screw up. hahaha

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet/Stryper News   Michael Sweet/Stryper News I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Sweet/Stryper News
Page 1 of 1