Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's going on?

Go down 
+5
alldatndensum
Hardkore
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
rockerVu2
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

What's going on? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 2:23 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Hardcore have a good time and come back safe.
Thanks,I did have a good time . Next time I decide to go out I need to remember to take some sunblock with me. I got a little toasted. It's not bad but noticeable.

Staybrite wrote:
5 day weekend? What do you do for a living that has you working so many hours they have to give you 5 day weekends (and how do I sign on)?

Actually I only requested 3 days(a personal day and two off days) so I could go out of town for an event. They ended up scheduling my 2 off days from last week along side them which made it 5.I go back to work tomorrow night and then everything will be back to normal.

To let you know what I do for a living,I work overnight (10pm to 7am) at a Walmart Supercenter working Frozen Foods.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Ok, glad to hear you don't regulary get 5 day weekends. I was having a hard time not being super jealous!
Laughing

Glad to hear you had a great time.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 3:19 pm

Hardkore wrote:

To let you know what I do for a living,I work overnight (10pm to 7am) at a Walmart Supercenter working Frozen Foods.

Stupid Oh yeah, I knew that. You have delighted us with hilarious stories of people leaving less than frozen foods all over Walmart.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 4:15 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

Stupid Oh yeah, I knew that. You have delighted us with hilarious stories of people leaving less than frozen foods all over Walmart.

Let's not forget stories about what they leave in frozen foods that is not supposed to be frozen.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 4:24 pm

I was to go play bass downtown tonight. Instead my mom wants me to help tune an organ. Mad
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 4:47 pm

Hardcore, glad you don't have to work 5 days in a nightshift.
I'm sure working in nightshifts is hard.
Isn't your day-night rhythm mixed up after your nightshift.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 4:51 pm

Yesterday afternoon we took mom with us for a ride in the car and to have some icecream.
Mom was far away, it looks like more and more if she's living in her own world.
She was having problems with hearing what we said to her. That made the communication harder.
It's hard when she's in an other world than we are.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

Let's not forget stories about what they leave in frozen foods that is not supposed to be frozen.

Didn't you tell us one time about some people getting a microwave from house-wares and a few hot-pockets from the frozen foods sections and just plugging the microwave into a nearby outlet to cook up some grub?

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:43 am

rockerVu2 wrote:

I have been doing this for so long that I am used to it. The only real bad part is when I do get my two days off each week I tend to sleep a good bit one day then I can be up the next to do whatever I want /plan to.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:46 am

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

Didn't you tell us one time about some people getting a microwave from house-wares and a few hot-pockets from the frozen foods sections and just plugging the microwave into a nearby outlet to cook up some grub?

No,that wasn't me.Yet I wouldn't be surprised it happens. I did hear stories from other stores at the Walmart forums (for employees only) where some homeless people hid in a area behind something and were living there for awhile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:19 am

Hardkore wrote:
rockerVu2 wrote:

I have been doing this for so long that I am used to it. The only real bad part is when I do get my two days off each week I tend to sleep a good bit one day then I can be up the next to do whatever I want /plan to.

This is my story too. Been "nightstalker" (nightstocker) at Wally World for 13 years next week.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:23 pm

Quote :
No,that wasn't me.Yet I wouldn't be surprised it happens. I did hear stories from other stores at the Walmart forums (for employees only) where some homeless people hid in a area behind something and were living there for awhile.

At our Lebanon, TN Walmart, I have a geocache hidding in some rather large hedges. Behind that row of hedges is a small camp for homeless people.

Tonight, I was doing training for our local Baptist Association's annual VBS event for people doing recreation. I was going to play all the games that goes with the Lifeway materials (since it is a Lifeway sponsored event). However, I only had one person sign up for the recreation training. What a waste of time!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:12 am

Snow / freezing rain day! cheers
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:52 pm

My husband is on a bussiness trip this week.
First to Atlanta GA and from there to Orlando FL.

it will be awesome when he's home safe at the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:53 pm

I'm taking a trip to Ottawa for the week…
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:33 am

Have a good time in Ottawa DBF.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:16 am

Boy, traveling mercies for everyone !
We're takin' off too. Leaving Wednesday eve to go from Southern Cali to Northern for our future son-in-law's college graduation. We're driving this time (which stinks) so we'll be doing 4 hours to Bakersfield, spend the night, then 4 hours to San Jose. Be back Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:32 pm

Driving north/south for any length of time in the excessively long stat of California can be a chore. I have done it dozens of times myself so all I got to say is......better you than me.
geek

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:02 pm

You know it.

Apparently the math showed that driving would be cheaper... still not seeing that.

Oh well, I got a 10 hour music mix burned and ready to go !
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Rain… go away.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 11:58 pm

Tonight, we did a movie night for the kids at my church. My youth counsel and I had chips, salsa, & cheese, popcorn, and lemonade for refreshments. We hung a screen above the front steps of the church and used my DVD player and portable projector to show the film. The church has a small 5 channel PA that we used for sound. Then, we all watched the movie on the front lawn of the church. I think that everyone had a good time. Also, I think it was a great plug for our church to have people driving by and seeing us watching a movie together.

What movie did we watch? We watched "The Wager" that stars Randy Travis. It's a great movie to make us think about what or whom we are living for. What made me decide to show this one? I picked 6 trailers from films that I have on DVD and showed it to my youth group on a Sunday night and let them pick. This movie had the most votes.

All in all, I think it was a great night for the kids, and I know they heard the Gospel, too. I think that was a success!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:25 am

Glad to know you had a good movie night, Alldat. Our youth group is falling apart because kids have jobs, and because of a bullying idiot (not me) who likes to push younger people around.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 9:13 am

This is great to do with as youth group and what you have said, people who drove by could see this event.

I hope this movie will let the youth think about God more.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:45 pm

Fantastic, that sounds very cool.
I would love to see something happen like this with our youth group but I expect it would be difficult to get our youth group to sit still for any movie that didn't involve vampires or racing cars and scantily clad people

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:21 am

You would think that this is what it would take to get our kids to sit still as well. However, I think they just want something to do that's different, and they are also starved for truth even if they won't admit it. I bet if your church did this that the youth would come. They could try it out for interest by allowing the kids to view 4 or 5 trailers and let them vote on the movie they want. That's what we did.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's going on?   What's going on? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's going on?
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next