Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+8
Hardkore
Xid
Fundy
topshot rhit
MikeInFla
rockerVu2
Staybrite
alldatndensum
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3888
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What are you watching? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2024 1:27 pm

John Carter
Dead Poets Society
Mrs. Doubtfire
The Hobbit trilogy extended edition
Lord of the Rings trilogy extended edition
Alien
Aliens

Staybrite and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2024 7:22 am

Obi Wan again. Watched it when it first came out but my wife didn’t see it. So we are watching it together. One episode left. Pretty good mini series.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23639

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2024 2:31 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Obi Wan again. Watched it when it first came out but my wife didn’t see it. So we are watching it together. One episode left. Pretty good mini series.

It is much better than The Acolyte of Book of Boba Fett.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2584
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2024 9:24 am

The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare

I quite enjoyed it. It is based on a true story from WW2. With the exception of 2 F-bombs in one scene, the dialogue is completely clean.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23645
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 10:09 am

Twisters (2024)  Kind of a fun film and a worthy tribute to the original IMO.  No nudity, no sex... not much in the way of profanity (at least that I remember).  Just good old character development and natural disaster effects.  I didn't even see any serious wokeness nonsense.  Just an entertaining film.

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3554
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 1:14 pm

^I saw some headline that the lefties were upset that there was no mention of "climate change" in the flick, to which the director replied something to the effect of, "our job as moviemakers isn't to preach but to entertain."  I respect that!  Glad to hear it was good.

Staybrite and Hardkore like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5382
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 5:11 pm

Despicable Me 4

Good fun, cinema was full of kids, and they all seemed to love it.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 8:14 pm

kerrick wrote:
^I saw some headline that the lefties were upset that there was no mention of "climate change" in the flick, to which the director replied something to the effect of, "our job as moviemakers isn't to preach but to entertain."  I respect that!  Glad to hear it was good.

Yeah, it was a brief article quoting the director saying almost exactly that which made me want to go see the movie!

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 8:14 pm

Fundy wrote:
Despicable Me 4

Good fun, cinema was full of kids, and they all seemed to love it.

I'm supposed to go with my grandkids to so that one.

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2024 3:51 am

Staybrite wrote:
Outlander (2008) with Jim Caviezel.  Better than I was expecting, especially given the "space warrior meets Iron Age Vikings" setting for the film.  Another film loosely based on the Beowulf legend (like The 13th Warrior or Beowulf (1999 & 2007) films.
I remember seeing this in the theater when it first came out. It was pretty good imo. Too bad it didn’t have much of an audience to show up. I went back the next week to see it again and it was gone.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2024 5:00 pm

Twisters

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2024 8:52 pm

Fast & Furious 4 (2009) oddly enough the fourth film in the franchise... these movies are redonkulous
Elysium (2013)  I think this is the second time watching this... odd choice to have a villain with a nearly comical South African English accent.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2024 11:58 am

Was in a mood the other day…

Battlestar Galactica, the tv movie(first 2 episodes) that started it all

Battlestar Galactica, the 3 hour tv miniseries that started the reboot series

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2024 11:19 am

Fast 5 (2011)  Not sure I'm going to forgive my wife for making me watch these.  On a somewhat positive note I had no idea that Paul Walker lived long enough to be in the 7th of these F&F movies (he actually passed away before the 7th film was done).  I thought he died back in his late 20's.  He actually just made it to 40 years old before dying in a terrible car accident.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16634
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2024 5:42 am

Started with the first series of Virgin River.

alldatndensum and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2024 9:18 pm

Super Cell on Hulu.

It is like Twister or Twisters without a budget for special effects.  This makes the film rather boring in comparison.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2024 3:11 pm

Fast & Furious 6 (2013) - Ok I actually liked this one.  It had some over-the-top ridiculous moments but it was actually kind of fun.

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2024 3:23 pm

Saw Top Gun for the first time in a while. I lost count of how many times they used the lord’s name in vain ,ugh. Kinda makes me want to throw it away.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2024 12:03 pm

Radio

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2024 5:42 pm

Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006) Interesting installment that was actually the second film made, but chronologically takes place after the 6th movie.  Glad I watched this in the recommended order instead of the order they were made.  Also glad that Vin Diesel wasn't really in this one. I can only take so much of him.  Not too bad, good characters and the final "big race" was quite entertaining.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2024 7:43 am

Hardkore wrote:
Was in a mood the other day…

Battlestar Galactica, the tv movie(first 2 episodes) that started it all

Battlestar Galactica, the 3 hour tv miniseries that started the reboot series

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome
Which one was the really bad one? Galactica 80 or something? Had a  new cast and took place on Earth in 1980. It’s so bad it has to be watched to be seen. I haven’t seen that one in ages. Need to find it just to see if I can sit thru an episode. Kent McCord from Adam 12 was in it.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16634
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2024 4:13 am

Series 5 of Virgin River is almost done.
Now, I've to find an other nice series to watch.

alldatndensum and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2024 11:46 am

Big Trouble In Little China (1986)  I had almost forgotten about this goofy film.  It had easily been over 25 years since I watched it.  It almost seemed like a completely new movie.  Fun flick with hilarious special effects and questionable acting.  But still a good time.  Victor Wong and James Hong have prominent roles in this film.  You might not know their names but you might recognize their faces.  They were/are both prominent character actors of Chinese descent who have appeared in many films and television roles over the last 60+ years. (James Hong has 461 acting credits on IMDB and is in his 90's now and still working!)

Ghost Rider (2007) I didn't actually make it through this one.  I remember reading some of the comics when I was a kid and I didn't remember the story being so laden with evil.  Also the story-line and acting/directing was pretty weak.  I just couldn't bring myself to finish this mess of a movie. I was shocked to find out they actually made a sequel to this mess.

Number of posts : 2125
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: LHOTP   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2024 5:51 pm

Little house in the prairie, cuz that’s what’s on the restaurant’s TV. 🤮. Sorry, I know it’s a show beloved by many, but I always hated it, even as a kid.

When at home I’m working my way through the MCU, phases 1-3 again. Can’t really stomach any MCU movies after those. Once Disney got ahold of the franchise they started going downhill fast.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2024 10:36 am

BearDad wrote:
Little house in the prairie, cuz that’s what’s on the restaurant’s TV. 🤮. Sorry, I know it’s a show beloved by many, but I always hated it, even as a kid.

When at home I’m working my way through the MCU, phases 1-3 again. Can’t really stomach any MCU movies after those. Once Disney got ahold of the franchise they started going downhill fast.

My wife loved that show as a kid.  She re-watched the whole series a few years ago and said it was nostalgic.  
I didn't watch any of it with her.

I must have watched at least a handful of the shows back in the 70's though because I saw this parody recreation a while back and thought it was pretty funny (I don't watch that Family Guy show though, so I don't really now a ton about it).

BearDad likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next