Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+9
kerrick
rockerVu2
Normaniac
Hardkore
alldatndensum
topshot rhit
Fundy
Staybrite
MikeInFla
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What are you watching? - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2023 2:13 pm

Xid wrote:
Xid wrote:
We started watching the old show Northern Exposure.  I think I only saw 2 episodes during it's original run.

We stopped watching it as everything started revolving around sex.

Ah bummer.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2023 2:19 pm

I watched The Lego Movie last night (2014).  Pretty certain I had never seen it before (I think I saw one of the Lego super hero movies though).  It was quite funny.  Funny hearing Liam Neeson voice Good Cop/Bad Cop.
Some of the humor would have gone completely over kids heads.  I mean "The Piece of Resistance" as opposed to "pièce de résistance"... just silly fun.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2023 3:15 pm

My wife and I started watching I Shouldn't Be Alive on youtube.  It's true accounts told by the survivors (with reenactments) of pretty gnarly stories.  It's pretty low budget but a very well done show.  Here's the first episode:

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2023 4:18 pm

It was okay for a sci-fi/Jurassic Park type flick.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2023 8:24 am

During this past week, Jesus of Nazareth (1977 tv miniseries )

Last night, Star Wars :The Despecialized version.
I had not seen this in so long. I got so used to the “special editions” that I forgot how good this was. It was almost like seeing it again for the first time back in 1978!

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2023 3:39 am

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back- Despecialized Edition!

I never did get to see this when it first came out. I didn’t see it on the big screen til the “special edition“.

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2023 9:42 am

Still watching Gunsmoke and on the drive to work have found the old Gunsmoke radio shows on podcast! So have been listening to those as well.

Staybrite, Hardkore and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2023 3:53 pm

Tonight it is gonna be…

Star Wars : Return of the Jedi- Despecialized Edition!

alldatndensum, Fundy and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2023 9:45 am

Early this morning…

Rogue One

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2023 6:31 pm

Snow White & The Huntsman (2012) Kristen Stewart, Charlize Theron, Chris Hemsworth.  Actually quite a bit better than I expected.  I was convinced the Stewart could not act her way out of a paper bag but she did a pretty decent job on this.  Dark and interesting take on the Grimm fairytale. 

Bird Box Barcelona (2023) Not quite as creepy as the first film from a few years back, but still an interesting watch.  Not sure why it only has a 29% score on Rotten Tomatoes (5.3/10 on IMDB) because it was much better than that (I would have rated probably around 75%).  I believe it is originally a Spanish language film, but it was dubbed into English quite well.  Also full of capable Spanish actors that I have never heard of, but a decent story with a bit of a twist that deserves a better rating.

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2023 8:03 pm

Hardkore wrote:
During this past week,  Jesus of Nazareth (1977 tv miniseries )

Ha! We just finished disc 1 tonight.

Staybrite, Hardkore and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2023 11:01 am

The Maze Runner trilogy

Last of the Mohicans
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2023 12:19 pm

Passengers
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 8:32 am

I can only imagine
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 2:32 pm

Hardkore wrote:
The Maze Runner trilogy

Last of the Mohicans

I was just talking about Last of the Mohicans to someone the other day.  I really liked that movie, as well as it's soundtrack, but I haven't seen it in over a decade.

Was their only three Maze Runner movies?  I remember watching the first two with my teenage son who really liked them.  Seems like the 3rd installment to a few years to come out and he was in Army training by the time it was released.  I never saw the thrid one....makes me wonder if he ever did.

Hardkore wrote:
Passengers
I really liked that one.  I thought the story was really good and it was well acted.  Apparently a lot of people disagreed with me.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 2:34 pm

Johnny Dangerously (1984?).  I found out the other night that neither my adult daughter nor her husband had seen this one so I made them watch it with me.  Still a lot of fun despite some bad language and sexual innuendo.  They laughed out loud a number of times, so apparently still funny with older Millennials.

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 8:05 pm

Takeaways with Kirk Cameron

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2023 9:06 pm

I just finished up season one of Star Trek:  Strange New Worlds.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite, MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2023 2:27 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
The Maze Runner trilogy

Last of the Mohicans

I was just talking about Last of the Mohicans to someone the other day.  I really liked that movie, as well as it's soundtrack, but I haven't seen it in over a decade.

Was their only three Maze Runner movies?  I remember watching the first two with my teenage son who really liked them.  Seems like the 3rd installment to a few years to come out and he was in Army training by the time it was released.  I never saw the thrid one....makes me wonder if he ever did.

Hardkore wrote:
Passengers
I really liked that one.  I thought the story was really good and it was well acted.  Apparently a lot of people disagreed with me.
I got to see Last of the Mohicans in the dollar theater before it got shut down. Absolutely loved the soundtrack so much that I got the CD.

Yes, there was only 3 movies for The Maze Runner. I know Divergent had a trilogy and Hunger Games had 4. 

Agreed, Passengers was great. A nice simple human story with a sci-fi background.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2023 8:11 am

The Love Bug

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2023 12:52 pm

Gran Turismo

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2023 2:02 pm

Zack Snyders Justice League

Yesterday I took a page out of Staybrites book. I went and got a library card to check out some movies from the library. Since this never came to theaters and is not available on streaming , this was the only way to see it.

Basically it looks just like the theatrical release except for some stuff that got added. I had heard they did some filming for this but don’t know how much really.

I never was overly impressed with the initial release, it just seemed ok and not too bad. This was certainly a bit better.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2023 3:03 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Zack Snyders Justice League

Yesterday I took a page out of Staybrites book. I went and got a library card to check out some movies from the library. Since this never came to theaters and is not available on streaming , this was the only way to see it.

Basically it looks just like the theatrical release except for some stuff that got added. I had heard they did some filming for this but don’t know how much really.

I never was overly impressed with the initial release, it just seemed ok and not too bad. This was certainly a bit better.

I think the Justice League was/is only on MAX (or what was previously HBO MAX).

I have been getting fewer library movies since moving to Arizona... mostly because the library is so far away (and the selection here isn't quite as good)

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2023 3:04 pm

Hardkore wrote:
The Love Bug

The original, or the remake with Lindsey Lohan (that is still kind of old)?

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2023 4:34 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
The Love Bug

The original, or the remake with Lindsey Lohan (that is still kind of old)?
The original movie from 1968. I have a dvd 4 pack with all the original movies; The Love Bug, Herbie Rides Again, Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo & Herbie Goes Bananas.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next