Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
deathisgain
Oldiesmann
rssllue
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
MikeInFla
Jen5
Normaniac
kerrick
Black Rider
Staybrite
rockerVu2
Xid
Through The Dark Radio
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Random Ramblings - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 1:51 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Xid wrote:
Gorgeous country and mild weather.

Oh, I wouldn't go that far.  You haven't experienced the Pollen-ocalypse or summers with 90+ degree temps with 80% humidity.  We get tornadoes in February and March just to keep things interesting.

I was talking to a guy on the phone who is in Montana.  I asked him about his weekend.  He said on Saturday he got a sunburn on his bald spot then on Sunday his spot got frostbite.

One thing we aren't going to miss is the 5 - 6 month winter season of Montana.  It will be nice to experience Spring in April rather than late May.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23417
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 4:50 pm

My wife and I were giving some serious consideration to moving to Tennessee (about 15+ years ago).  We visited at some point in allergy season.  My wife sneezed so many times in a row one day that she almost lost consciousness.  We have been back to visit, but decided not to move there.

At one point we gave consideration to moving to the Denver area and also Alaska, but decided against both of those as well.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 5:31 pm

Staybrite wrote:
My wife and I were giving some serious consideration to moving to Tennessee (about 15+ years ago).  We visited at some point in allergy season.  My wife sneezed so many times in a row one day that she almost lost consciousness.  We have been back to visit, but decided not to move there.

At one point we gave consideration to moving to the Denver area and also Alaska, but decided against both of those as well.

I know all about TN allergies.  I took shots for 24 YEARS!  I am allergic to literally everything they test for here.  I am seriously allergic to 8 grasses, 7 trees, all airborne molds, dogs, cats, house dust (which is mostly human dander), horses, and cattle.  I will always have allergies, but the shots made them almost manageable.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 9:24 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I know all about TN allergies.  I took shots for 24 YEARS!  I am allergic to literally everything they test for here.  I am seriously allergic to 8 grasses, 7 trees, all airborne molds, dogs, cats, house dust (which is mostly human dander), horses, and cattle.  I will always have allergies, but the shots made them almost manageable.

Dang, that's some heavy duty allergies!

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 5:34 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Dang, that's some heavy duty allergies!

Aren't nerds supposed to be all about allergies and inhalers?   lol!

I am SO ready for school to be out.  Fortunately, we still have 4 unused inclement weather days and May 28th will be our last day with students instead of the original June 4th.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 4:29 pm

Just a short cook video.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 5:23 pm

I am sick and tired of my neighbor's dogs.  Period.

I want to be civil, patient, and neighborly. When is it okay to let them know that their pets are a nuisance?

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 9:14 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Just a short cook video.

YUM!!!!

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 9:15 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I want to be civil, patient, and neighborly. When is it okay to let them know that their pets are a nuisance?

Does it bark a lot?  You can buy these sonic devices that are activated when they bark and it hurts their ears.  Just put it outside and point it towards your neighbors house/yard.

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 2:06 pm

So I was told by one of my Italy-based colleagues that I have a "tough" Texas accent  scratch

Thankfully they're so easy to understand  Very Happy

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 3:00 pm

I guess that's better than a "weak" Texas accent.  lol!

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 8:47 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I guess that's better than a "weak" Texas accent.  lol!

I heard you can be shot for having one of those.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 7:53 am

My portion of the official gubmint Census is done. Yay.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 8:34 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Does it bark a lot?  You can buy these sonic devices that are activated when they bark and it hurts their ears.  Just put it outside and point it towards your neighbors house/yard.

It? You mean THEY!!!!  They have three pit bulls and one ancient german shephard.  The pits are the worst.  I can't even mow without them either trying to get under the fence or trying to nip at me over the fence.  If one of them ever hurts me or my wife, we will definitely go to the city council and make the neighbors get rid of these animals.  They shouldn't have them anyway as we have an ordinance barring ownership of pit bulls in the city limits.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 12:09 pm

Pitt bulls are terrible dogs.

A girl with a Stafferdshire dog almost attacked Matsi a couple of months ago.
I told the girl to go home with  her "terror dog".
That dog is barking and being very angry to all the dog he sees.

I hope that the dog never will attack Holly or you.
Pits are terrible.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 1:48 pm

People in Florida can have them but you have to have $100,000 in liability insurance to own one (which most people probably don't have and it IS the law but I doubt they check it unless there's a complaint). 

Just call the law on them. One of our neighbors called the law on a pit bull and I got blamed for it hahaha. So if you call maybe another neighbor will get blamed for turning them in.

alldatndensum and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 2:29 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
People in Florida can have them but you have to have $100,000 in liability insurance to own one (which most people probably don't have and it IS the law but I doubt they check it unless there's a complaint). 

Just call the law on them. One of our neighbors called the law on a pit bull and I got blamed for it hahaha. So if you call maybe another neighbor will get blamed for turning them in.

If it gets any worse, I will have to.  I don't want to as I know it will hurt our ability to be friends even though we aren't close now.  It is nice to be able to chit-chat with the neighbors when we see them outside.  I fear that this will end if we ever have to call the cops on their dogs.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 6:41 am

The cold northern wind is finally away.
We've had wind straight from the north pole, I was looking to the sky to if if the wind brought pinguins.

We enjoy nice spring weather.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 8:44 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Pitt bulls are terrible dogs.

A girl with a Stafferdshire dog almost attacked Matsi a couple of months ago.
I told the girl to go home with  her "terror dog".
That dog is barking and being very angry to all the dog he sees.

I hope that the dog never will attack Holly or you.
Pits are terrible.

I used to put pits in that stereotype, until I wound up with a pit mix after my pomeranian died. So many people misuse them by using them in fighting rings or otherwise just mistreating them, making them vicious. They can be one of the most loyal dogs you'll ever have as long as you treat them right.

I understand that might not ease your discontent towards them, and that's OK. Just know that I despised them until I got one. He's my buddy and protects me, my wife, and my property.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 4:29 pm

My son and daughter have a pit mix (big dog).  She is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever met.  She is also a huge coward.  I very cautiously introduced her to 2 of my grandchildren (4 & 2 years old).  She was fantastic with them both.  A lot of it depends on genetics, but I think even more depends on how the animals are raised and where they see their place in the pack.
I have been confronted with violent dogs of more than one breed.  When I was 11 I was viciously attacked and bitten repeatedly by a mid-sized setter/pointer mix for doing nothing but running within 30ft of it. (not even approaching the dog).  I had to get rabies shots for that indecent incident.  As an adult also nearly had my nose/face ripped off by a friends rottweiller that I had been joyfully petting for several hours beforehand.  It seems like 90% of the time is not the dog, but the owner who doesn't take the proper care or training for their dog.  Any dog can get violent (with any human).  I actually had a chihuahua try to destroy my leg and shoe once when I was delivering newspapers as a kid.  It chased after me for over a block trying to tear through my pant leg breaking the skin on my ankle more than once.  When I got around the corner from it's house it kept coming so I kicked it once several feet away from me (thinking that might be enough to teach it a lesson).  Wrong, it came at me again.  My second kick launched it more than 20ft and I think might have broken or bruised it's ribs.  It went home after that.  So all dogs can be dangerous in some circumstances, but most dogs if trained and treated properly are great pets.  Neglected animals are the worst (especially if bred for aggression).

Last edited by Staybrite on Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stoopid spelling error...)
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2021 7:07 am

Samson, when I see this dog, I take an other way. I've heard of other peo-ple too that this dog is barking and showing his teeth to all dog he meet.

I'm done with this very aggresvie fighting machine.
Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 8:56 pm

Found this last night. This group is from Michigan and even released an album called Thrash Grass. Some very talented folks here (see the video for their song "Thunderhead" for more).

Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 2:17 am

One step closer to financial freedom!

alldatndensum and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 11:14 am

Normaniac wrote:
One step closer to financial freedom!

Cool!  What did you pay off?

I am excited!  I just paid off my Visa this morning.  It felt good!

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 6:44 pm

Visa.  As soon as I receive the check in the mail, I'm heading to the bank and signing it over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next