Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What impact has the corona virus on you?

Go down 
+20
Samson
mr.electric40
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
Hardkore
Driven
Fundy
Jen5
Staybrite
Black Rider
MikeInFla
bassdude
topshot rhit
Normaniac
Oldiesmann
Dynamis
alldatndensum
Xid
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 9:00 pm

Last week, my county mayor mandated masks. He was crucified on social media and reversed his decision less than an hour later.

He made a promise on Sunday that he would not mandate masks.  Today, he flip-flopped again and has now given a mask mandate.

I have no respect for a wishy-washy politician who so easily goes back on his word.  He can count on me not voting for him again.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 4:19 pm

It became evident after not too long that the whole thing has been politicized. It's not about health. It's definitely hit our bottom line, though.

I will not comply with a mask mandate. The science doesn't justify it. In fact, mandating masks most likely harms those who are healthy. Which is the vast majority, because Covid isn't as bad as they make it out to be. Even if it was, cloth masks don't block viruses. They block bacteria well, though, meaning you trap all that yuck on the inside for you to rebreathe.

I don't even shop in stores that require masks any more. At first I'd just put one on to get in the door, and nobody would say boo after that. But recently those officious types follow me around and nag. Fine, I'll spend my money elsewhere.

I'm even considering cutting back my 2nd job to 0 hours until the whole thing blows over (around the 2nd week of November, I'm guessing) because employees have to wear them. I need the money, but I'll just pick up more hours at my 3rd job.

I usually do seasonal work at a local pumpkin patch, which as of now is going to make employees wear masks. With 1.5 months to go, there's some time for them to change that. We'll see.

My wife does gig work, and everything this spring shut down. It was going to be a good season, extending later than usual. But alas... It was going to be busy enough that there was a chance for me to get called in for extra help.

Anyway, it's extremely frustrating. A blip on the radar, and everyone is cowering in fear and handing over control to flip-flopping fools.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 7:43 pm

My county school board had a special meeting last week to talk about delaying the start of school.  It was overwhelmingly voted to start school on Aug. 3 as planned but giving parents the opportunity to sign up for virtual classes.  We had a big jump in available technology that would make this work just like being in school for those hours.

Well, guess what?  They have been saying in the news that we have no children with COVID in TN.  Today, we suddenly have 2,900.  So, the school board is meeting Saturday to AGAIN discuss delaying the opening of school.  As long as I get paid, I don't care either way.  As an educational assistant, if they go to online classes, there won't be anything for me to do at school anyway.

i was supposed to work for the Census Bureau this summer.  They kept moving the training back several times now.  I wanted the job for the summer but didn't really want to commit to two months during school which is what I will have now.  I am waiting to see what the school board decides before I notify them if I don't want the job now.  If school is delayed, then I will go ahead just because I am bored.  Building guitars is fun as a hobby, but it seems that my days don't change much and I just wish I had something to do.  Of course, IF I can get these guitars I am working on completed, then I could start thinking about working on a new Big Chris album.  I wonder if Dale Thompson would want to do some blues?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 12:27 am

alldatndensum wrote:
....... Of course, IF I can get these guitars I am working on completed, then I could start thinking about working on a new Big Chris album.  I wonder if Dale Thompson would want to do some blues?

YES!  That would be great.  Thumbs Up

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 4:22 pm

For the record, I was joking about Dale.  I don't think we would be lyrically on the same page.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 5:59 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
For the record, I was joking about Dale.  I don't think we would be lyrically on the same page.

That's fine....just create some new music!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 7:34 am

Our school year has now been shifted back two weeks and we will go to a hybrid model where students will attend school two days and be online for two days.  Once we start, this won't affect me as they are letting special ed. come to school 4 days a week.  Ummm.....my kids aren't mentally able to wear the masks all day.  We have so many that we cannot socially distance, and most of them have boundary issues where keeping them 6 feet apart won't happen either.  So, I guess the virus can't infect special needs kids?

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 1:04 pm

My dad and I had to make a special, hour-long trip to Springfield Friday for a COVID test prior to my Monday procedure.  That's just a minor illustration of how deeply-rooted this craziness has spread.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2020 9:30 am

I'm more concerned about so many new pwople here who tested positive on the virus.
Lots of people here don't take the social distances anymore.
I hope people here care for other people and do what the governement told us to do.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 12:54 pm

My wife has a lady in HR test positive this week.  She does have symptoms.  We saw her at a restaurant two weeks ago and neither she nor we were wearing masks.  I kinda want to get tested, and my wife says she won't unless she is showing symptoms.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 3:50 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
My wife has a lady in HR test positive this week.  She does have symptoms.  We saw her at a restaurant two weeks ago and neither she nor we were wearing masks.  I kinda want to get tested, and my wife says she won't unless she is showing symptoms.

I wouldn't.  If I start showing symptoms then I'll start doing what I normally do when I start to feel sick:  Nyquil regimen.

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2020 5:49 pm

Xid wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I wouldn't.  If I start showing symptoms then I'll start doing what I normally do when I start to feel sick:  Nyquil regimen.

We don't have to test.  Their company identified the wrong lady.  They got the first name right, anyway.  So, we're good.  I still only know one person personally that had the virus.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 7:07 am

Glad you and Holly don't have to test.
It seems not very nice when they test you.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 7:07 am

rockerVu2 wrote:

Fortunately, they are now doing a throat culture for that locally.  That would have to be better than having those sticks shoved way up your nose!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 7:16 am

Here they use sticks for your mouth and nose.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 7:17 am

I've been so busy I haven't had time to check in....we've had a big spike in cases, but still very few hospitalizations or deaths. The news made a big deal out of a man in his 90's and a woman over 100 that supposedly died from it. Hello, they were very elderly and could have died at any minute from anything.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 10:53 am

alldatndensum wrote:
rockerVu2 wrote:

Fortunately, they are now doing a throat culture for that locally.  That would have to be better than having those sticks shoved way up your nose!

Y'all obviously don't go to an ENT. They regularly do those types of swabs to check for any sinus infections.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 2:26 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
rockerVu2 wrote:

Y'all obviously don't go to an ENT. They regularly do those types of swabs to check for any sinus infections.

I saw the same ENT for many, many years for my allergy shots.  Even when I had surgery for a deviated septum, I have never had anything shoved that far up my nose.  With the COVID test, they actually scrap the layer that covers your brain.  That's deep!

Throat swabs are pretty standard with the flu and sinus infections.  With a sinus infection, though, most ENT or standard doctors can listen to you describe your mucus discharge colors and look in your sinus cavities and make a diagnosis without a swab.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2020 3:21 am

There's a piece of misinformation put out by President Trump that I'd like to correct. It's totally insignificant in the scheme of things, but I'd like to put it right nonetheless. He talked about a "big surge" in New Zealand cases. I haven't the faintest idea why he'd comment on New Zealand in a campaign speech, but he is misinformed on the matter. The "big surge" he talked about is a SINGLE cluster of cases all linked by genomic testing and very much under control. Sadly, there are five people in hospital, but thankfully they are all stable. While they've yet to confirm the source of the infection, genomic tests show it to be a new strain so it is strongly suspected to have come out of a border quarantine facility. Not that anyone in the US cares particularly about New Zealand, y'all know someone here (me) so I just thought I'd clear it up. There's no need to worry about us over here. Apart from being short supplied in some products, we're doing fine. Flour is a pain in the arse to find in the shops though, and, weirdly, canned peaches in juice. 🤨 😜

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2020 2:03 pm

Hey, as long as you can still find toilet paper and paper towels, then it ain't so bad  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2020 3:44 pm

Good to hear NZ is not experiencing severe covid hospitalization.
Strangely enough our local store is also short on flour (unless you want whole wheat...got lots of that).  I don't know our situation on canned peaches though....haven't bought any of those in years.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2020 4:01 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I don't know our situation on canned peaches though....
Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2020 4:57 pm

Xid wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
I don't know our situation on canned peaches though....
Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches.

Peaches come from a can, they were put there by a man. lol!

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2020 5:09 pm

You Rock

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2020 1:58 pm

Our RINO governor's state of emergency orders are set to expire tonight at midnight.  I am watching to see if he will listen to voters or extend them again.  If he lets them expire, then any executive orders would no longer be binding.  Even though Bill Lee ran as a conservative Republican, I believe him to be closet liberal who will extend this emergency power indefinitely unless lawsuits are filed and the Supreme Court de-fang these snakes.

If he lets the state of emergency orders expire, then things like mask mandates in 89 TN counties would expire as they all operate under the state health department.  If there is no emergency, then they would have no power to mandate much of anything.  Businesses would be allowed to reopen unthrottled.  Somehow, I just don't believe that the shadow government running our nation wants businesses reopened and life to go back to normal.  If we aren't living in fear, then we won't look to them for the solution even though they create the big messes that affect our everyday lives.

Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What impact has the corona virus on you?
Page 13 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 36  Next