Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What impact has the corona virus on you?

Go down 
+20
Samson
mr.electric40
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
Hardkore
Driven
Fundy
Jen5
Staybrite
Black Rider
MikeInFla
bassdude
topshot rhit
Normaniac
Oldiesmann
Dynamis
alldatndensum
Xid
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 7:17 pm

This is how most of the world has lived throughout history, we've been an outlier. Sadly,  I think this is going to be the new normal for the most part and I'm not sure I'm up to it.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 10:07 pm

Current events are turning more and more concerning and raising anxiety levels.  Here in Arizona we are reporting Covid cases in record numbers, nearly 5000 yesterday and sadly 88 deaths.  I believe our positive testing percentage of 23% is highest in the nation.  Hospital utilization is close to 90% and increasing.

Governor proceeded to close clubs, gyms, waterparks, etc in response but it might be too little, too late.  That said it also goes to show how my opinion the six week shutdown only served to delay the spread of coronavirus.  Problem as I see it is that a lot of the decision making regarding the original stay at home order was short term based (i.e.: 4 to 6 weeks) and lacked a long term, enduring solution (i.e.: where are we going to be 6 to 9 months down the road?).  In my opinion we are starting to pay for that shortsightedness.

What should have been done?  Instead of differentiating between essential and non-essential businesses, focus in my opinion should have been on businesses that can support social distancing and those that cannot.  If we can keep grocery stores and hardware stores open, then why not furniture, book and clothing stores, providing they can support social distancing just as well.

What type of businesses cannot support social distancing?  Those they are deciding to close this week, aforementioned night clubs, bars, taverns, water parks, theaters, etc.  Mistake was opening EVERYTHING at once thinking everyone would be response, and that turned out not to be the case. 

Sorry for the rant and thanks for listening even if you do not agree...
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 10:18 pm

Also concerned about my health, or more specifically surprisingly good health.  It seems that just about every winter following the first of the year I eventually (the key word) come down with whatever 'creeping crud' in the form of the common cold or seasonal flu that is going around at the time.

What is disconcerting is that I often struggle to get over an upper respiratory infection, which more often than not settles into my chest and turns into a hacking cough that lasts weeks on end.  I like to think my weak lungs attribute to the fact I grew up in a smoking household: both my parents smoked like chimneys, as did the grandparents on my mothers side of the family.  It is not uncommon to have chest/throat congestion even when perfectly healthy.

It is particularly intimidating when I read online how 'Covid attacks the lungs' and how 'lungs are ground zero for Covid-19'.  If I catch this Covid stuff afraid I am going to be a goner, or at the very least end up in ICU and on a ventilator, where it is a coin flip whether or not you walk out of there.  Only thing going for me is that while I am aging (age 56) I am not in the 60+ category hit hard by the virus nor have any underlying medical conditions (that I am aware of).

That said, something in the back of my mind keeps saying that eventually in time, my number is going to come up...
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 10:38 pm

Thanks guys.  Well, I have it easy that while it's not much, I do have in savings enough to cover what I may need to pay back to the state.  So while it'd be a major hassle, letdown, and point of frustration... at least (as of now anyways...) I could just write them a check and be done with it.  I'm certain there are many others who will have to pay back money they already had to spend on rent/mortgage, food, health insurance, or the like.  I can't image the stress that may bring.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 11:40 pm

Dynamis wrote:

What should have been done?  Instead of differentiating between essential and non-essential businesses, focus in my opinion should have been on businesses that can support social distancing and those that cannot.  If we can keep grocery stores and hardware stores open, then why not furniture, book and clothing stores, providing they can support social distancing just as well.

I agree that should have been that tact most of the country should have taken from the beginning.

As for your respiratory issues, you keep social distancing and wearing that mask whenever you go out in public brother.  I'll be praying that the Lord doesn't take you away from us any time soon.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 11:40 pm

kerrick wrote:
Thanks guys.  Well, I have it easy that while it's not much, I do have in savings enough to cover what I may need to pay back to the state.  So while it'd be a major hassle, letdown, and point of frustration... at least (as of now anyways...) I could just write them a check and be done with it.  I'm certain there are many others who will have to pay back money they already had to spend on rent/mortgage, food, health insurance, or the like.  I can't image the stress that may bring.

That is a small blessing, even though you shouldn't have had to deplete your savings. Rolling Eyes

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 12:43 pm

Both Davidson and Knox counties in Tennessee (where the cities Nashville and Knoxville are) have both made masks mandatory.  It is now a $50 fine in Nashville for not wearing your mask.  Knoxville and Knox county are caring a $250 fine for the first and up to $1000 for subsequent citations.  Both counties you can end up serving 30 days in jail for repeated non-compliance.

Didn't we empty out jails when the virus hit?  So we'd rather have murderers, drug dealers, and rapists back on the streets but will arrest someone for not wearing a non-effective piece of cloth over their mouths?  This is just a way to scare people back into staying home so that the local powers don't have to shut everything down again.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 3:25 pm

Our governor has declared masks a state-wide requirement.  It's going to be a misdemeanor if you don't wear one.
I don't really have a problem wearing one in public (especially while shopping).  What I don't like is a governor reaching beyond his constitutional authority to require it.  I would much rather him plead with us to wear them in public and continue social distancing where possible.  Leave it up to the stores to decide if they want to require masks.  If you don't want to wear a mask you shouldn't go in those stores.  I do find it strange that I have to wear a mask at the grocery store, but I don't have to wear one at my local restaurant.

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 3:32 pm

Well, you're usually not eating at the grocery store and they can't control where people go very well (despite arrows on the floor for example). Restaurants can block off or remove tables to maintain distance.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 7:01 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Well, you're usually not eating at the grocery store and they can't control where people go very well (despite arrows on the floor for example). Restaurants can block off or remove tables to maintain distance.

Oh I do get that part of it.  It just seems a little like splitting hairs to me.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 7:49 pm

Staybrite wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:

Oh I do get that part of it.  It just seems a little like splitting hairs to me.

A lot of this has been splitting hairs and flip-flopping on information.  The CDC has even admitted that many of the tests are false positives.  While I know the virus is real, I still believe that as a nation that we've been had.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 8:17 pm

Phoenix passed a 'mask mandate' last month, so have no real problem wearing a mask when shopping.  Actually, I wear a 'face shield' instead.  Problem is when the mask wearing issue is taking to an extreme...

Was doing some running around this afternoon and decided to visit "Bookmens", which as its name implies is a giant bookstore located in an old Safeway building.  Walked in wearing the face shield when an employee at the front door stopped me and insisted I wear a face mask under the face shield!?!? 

Huh?  A face shield is not enough?  Bookmens is actually a cool place to shop and so complied and put on the mask underneath the shield.  Problem with masks, however, is that unlike shields they can fog up your glasses...

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2020 10:52 am

I think we should've followed the Swedish model but that won't keep us broke and in fear until the election.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 9:24 am

Dynamis wrote:
Phoenix passed a 'mask mandate' last month, so have no real problem wearing a mask when shopping.  Actually, I wear a 'face shield' instead.  Problem is when the mask wearing issue is taking to an extreme...

Was doing some running around this afternoon and decided to visit "Bookmens", which as its name implies is a giant bookstore located in an old Safeway building.  Walked in wearing the face shield when an employee at the front door stopped me and insisted I wear a face mask under the face shield!?!? 

Huh?  A face shield is not enough?  Bookmens is actually a cool place to shop and so complied and put on the mask underneath the shield.  Problem with masks, however, is that unlike shields they can fog up your glasses...

They were probably just following orders from management and don't know any better that face shields work as well.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 10:04 am

If your mask dogs up your glasses, roll up a Kleenex long ways and insert it in the top of your mask.  This stops that.  I tried it yesterday by the recommendation of my chiropractor.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 3:52 pm

I don't think I've ever had my glasses "dog up" before  lol!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 6:54 pm

Dogged up glasses are the worst.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 8:24 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 4:51 pm

While Gov. Lee has said that he would not impose a statewide mask mandate, he did give power to do so to all county mayors.  In our area, Davidson (Nashville), Williamson, and Sumner counties have masks required while the county mayors for Rutherford, Wilson, and Maury have said they will not make masks mandatory.

Instead of requiring everyone to wear masks, it seems more logical to require people who are sick to stay home.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 6:43 pm

Logic has nothing to do with this. The death rate is dropping enough the CDC says they may take it off epidemic status soon but Fauci says the lower death rate is actually bad news. WE ARE BEING PLAYED.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 8:12 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
it seems more logical to require people who are sick to stay home.

Except you can transmit it several days before you exhibit symptoms. That's what I don't get about all these places doing temp checks. It's too late by then!

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2020 1:33 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
it seems more logical to require people who are sick to stay home.

Except you can transmit it several days before you exhibit symptoms. That's what I don't get about all these places doing temp checks. It's too late by then!

According to the CDC and WHO that I don't feel we can trust anymore with the CDC having admitted to skewed testing and recounting tests of positive patients until they are virus free.  Many doctors and virologists that are not working for the government have said that it isn't contagious without the fever and major symptoms.  This is why I don't trust the "experts" like Drs. Fauci and Birx.

It looks like corporate America are joining in the fight to make you behave.  Costco and American Eagle already require masks in their stores.  Now, Bestbuy and Starbucks have masks mandates going into effect today.  Walmart will join them on Monday July 20.  You will be asked to leave if you do not wear a mask. 

I keep seeing parents saying that they want school kids of all ages to have to wear masks at school.  Well, if it is so darn dangerous that the kids need them at school and everywhere we shop, then why reopen schools at all?  Go with online content.  Do you really want your kids thrown into a petri dish to see how contagious this could be for both students and staff?  Isn't that kind of like inviting a house full of kids to your house to play and leaving an open bottle of bleach with a sign saying "Drink Me" on it or leaving a loaded gun on the table with no safety locks?  I understand that parents need to work.  I need to go back to work.  But, if it were really that dangerous, do you really want to risk your children?  Or, are the teachers right when they say that most parents don't enjoy or like their kids?

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2020 7:40 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Many doctors and virologists that are not working for the government have said that it isn't contagious without the fever and major symptoms.
If that were true, we wouldn't be seeing the explosion of cases. Most people don't go out when they feel poorly except for a basic cold maybe (which is also a coronavirus). Especially with all the hype around this (regardless of truthfulness) I'd expect people to be even more aware of how they're feeling. Of course, there are always a few nuts that don't care about whether they infect others such as you hear with HIV/AIDS, but I don't believe that just a few could be responsible for what we're seeing.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2020 10:05 am

topshot rhit wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Many doctors and virologists that are not working for the government have said that it isn't contagious without the fever and major symptoms.
If that were true, we wouldn't be seeing the explosion of cases. Most people don't go out when they feel poorly except for a basic cold maybe (which is also a coronavirus). Especially with all the hype around this (regardless of truthfulness) I'd expect people to be even more aware of how they're feeling. Of course, there are always a few nuts that don't care about whether they infect others such as you hear with HIV/AIDS, but I don't believe that just a few could be responsible for what we're seeing.

With the CDC having been caught counting cases multiple times and reporting that test kits giving off false positives, how do we really know the numbers are that high?  Now that Trump wants all info to go through HHS (Health & Human Services) instead of the CDC, I am hoping we will get better info.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2020 3:25 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I just read a report for our local county and they are also showing an increase in cases.  They also reported that they are testing 30,000 more people each month as well.  Also anyone who enters a hospital in our county gets a test.  Many of those positive tests are from people showing no symptoms.  Prior to this month our hospitals were refusing to test people without symptoms.  I'm guessing all of that has impacted the increase in cases (in addition to a lot of people not staying home anymore).  So likely many factors contributing to the increased cases.

PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What impact has the corona virus on you?
Page 12 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 36  Next