Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 What impact has the corona virus on you?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 21632
Age : 53
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 11:17 am

Black Rider wrote:
I'm a bit envious, the socialist Republic of Washington is a long way from that.

No kidding... Crying or Very sad

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Age : 49
Localisation : Hannibal, MO
Registration date : 2012-06-08

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 1:51 pm

I think we'll have to be at reduced capacity, in order to allow for social distancing and such, but I'll take it.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2011-04-13

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 3:20 pm

Being careful is fine but this being treated like children is dumb.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3233
Age : 34
Registration date : 2013-07-17

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 3:36 pm

Our church will be meeting this Sunday.   sunny  I'm very glad!

But in other news, I filed for unemployment the other day.  :/  I really hope this whole ordeal is over swiftly and I can find steady work again.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit



Number of posts : 3580
Localisation : Indiana
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 8:30 am

My "vacation" has been extended 2 weeks! I haven't filed for unemployment.

I have gotten my garage pretty much done - just need a final inspection and a few minor things. Looks like I get to start the next major project now. Shocked

_________________
"If you are not concerned about your neighbor's salvation,
you should be concerned about your own."
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2011-04-13

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 10:34 am

Sorry to hear Kerrick. Going to be a lot of fallout economically form this.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 2777
Age : 50
Localisation : Panama City, FL
Registration date : 2012-03-18

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 1:28 pm

So a latest study I saw said Panama City, FL could become the number one hot spot for cases. 

Starting Monday we will be required to wear masks (provided by the company).
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 21632
Age : 53
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 3:06 pm

kerrick wrote:
Our church will be meeting this Sunday.   sunny  I'm very glad!

But in other news, I filed for unemployment the other day.  :/  I really hope this whole ordeal is over swiftly and I can find steady work again.

Sorry to hear that.  I am still working (and able to keep my employees working) but seeing as how we are directly tied to construction I see a major slow-down coming in a few months.

topshot rhit wrote:
My "vacation" has been extended 2 weeks! I haven't filed for unemployment.

I have gotten my garage pretty much done - just need a final inspection and a few minor things. Looks like I get to start the next major project now. Shocked

Dang, at this rate you are going to have the entire house re-built before the end of the summer!  But it seems like you have been remodeling that house for several years now.  I think maybe you are addicted.  Laughing

Black Rider wrote:
Sorry to hear Kerrick. Going to be a lot of fallout economically form this.

I fear you going to be proven correct.

MikeInFla wrote:
So a latest study I saw said Panama City, FL could become the number one hot spot for cases. 

Starting Monday we will be required to wear masks (provided by the company).

I've been wearing a mask for the last week anytime I leave the house.  There is talk of our governor making them a requirement if you leave your home.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 2777
Age : 50
Localisation : Panama City, FL
Registration date : 2012-03-18

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 3:44 pm

Yeah, I have one I wear to the store. Work said they would give everyone 3 on Monday. Like the new avatar pic BTW! That is epic!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 21856
Age : 51
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 8:00 pm

If they make them mandatory, then the state you live in should provide them to you for free.

If a business tells you you have to wear a mask to enter and won't let you, then you should either ask them to give you one and threaten to sue them for discrimination if they do not.  Besides, you let a few knuckleheads start holding up convenience markets wearing hospital masks and the government will come off of this.  It will happen as more people become financially unstable because of this.

Wearing a mask now, to me, seems about as useful as putting on your seat belt after a wreck or wearing a condom after your wife has been told she is pregnant.

_________________
I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1631
Localisation : Arizona
Registration date : 2007-04-28

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2020 10:48 am

Restrictions are starting to ease in Arizona.  This Monday the 4th non-essential businesses that offer delivery and curbside pickup will be allowed to open.  On Friday the 8th all non-essential businesses can open.

Good news is that the following Saturday, the antique mall in which I am a dealer is going to reopen after closing the past month.  Could not be more excited!


Last edited by Dynamis on Sat May 02, 2020 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2011-04-13

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2020 12:19 pm

That's nice to hear Dynamis, good news has been scarce lately.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 852
Age : 54
Registration date : 2018-04-12

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2020 1:23 pm

Things are opening up here bigly.  Restaurants are coming back to life, with hopefully the local library soon to follow.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 21632
Age : 53
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2020 1:37 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Things are opening up here bigly.  Restaurants are coming back to life, with hopefully the local library soon to follow.

What state are you in?

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 21632
Age : 53
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2020 1:40 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Yeah, I have one I wear to the store. Work said they would give everyone 3 on Monday. Like the new avatar pic BTW! That is epic!

That's actually a cropped view of my senior picture (form 1986).  I found it a few months ago and was super sad that I don't have hair anymore.  Thought it would make a fun avatar.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit



Number of posts : 3580
Localisation : Indiana
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2020 9:05 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Dang, at this rate you are going to have the entire house re-built before the end of the summer!  But it seems like you have been remodeling that house for several years now.  I think maybe you are addicted.  Laughing

The house proper has been done except for siding for a while now. There's really nothing wrong with the siding except where I moved windows and doors during the remodel so a few parts just don't match.

Staybrite wrote:
That's actually a cropped view of my senior picture (form 1986).  I found it a few months ago and was super sad that I don't have hair anymore.  Thought it would make a fun avatar.

I was indeed shocked to see so much hair. geek

_________________
"If you are not concerned about your neighbor's salvation,
you should be concerned about your own."
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 21632
Age : 53
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2020 9:30 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Dang, at this rate you are going to have the entire house re-built before the end of the summer!  But it seems like you have been remodeling that house for several years now.  I think maybe you are addicted.  Laughing

The house proper has been done except for siding for a while now. There's really nothing wrong with the siding except where I moved windows and doors during the remodel so a few parts just don't match.

So did you build the garage from the ground up, or is it a remodel too?

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 852
Age : 54
Registration date : 2018-04-12

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 3:32 am

Staybrite wrote:
Normaniac wrote:
Things are opening up here bigly.  Restaurants are coming back to life, with hopefully the local library soon to follow.

What state are you in?
Missouri.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 21856
Age : 51
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 7:53 am

Walmarts here are not allowing you to try on clothing and will not allow returns of those items if they do not fit.  

How does that help?  People are picking up and putting down all the other merch in the store.  If you buy most items, you can return them.  Aren't you still at risk of infecting someone?  This whole situation is full of over-reactions and hypocrisies.

_________________
I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 21632
Age : 53
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 12:59 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Normaniac wrote:
Things are opening up here bigly.  Restaurants are coming back to life, with hopefully the local library soon to follow.

What state are you in?
Missouri.

Good to know, glad to hear you are opening up.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit



Number of posts : 3580
Localisation : Indiana
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 10:03 pm

Staybrite wrote:
So did you build the garage from the ground up, or is it a remodel too?
It was technically supposed to be a remodel (retain 51% to remain grandfathered regarding setbacks) but inspector let me slide so it's from scratch. The only original things remaining are the slab, which I poured over and extended, and the garage door header that I had put in when we bought the place 25 years ago. If you hit my FB photos from early Oct you'll see before and in progress pics. The only thing I didn't do was pouring the concrete.

Edit: building inspector just approved it.

_________________
"If you are not concerned about your neighbor's salvation,
you should be concerned about your own."


Last edited by topshot rhit on Mon May 04, 2020 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 852
Age : 54
Registration date : 2018-04-12

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2020 1:55 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Walmarts here are not allowing you to try on clothing and will not allow returns of those items if they do not fit.  

How does that help?  People are picking up and putting down all the other merch in the store.  If you buy most items, you can return them.  Aren't you still at risk of infecting someone?  This whole situation is full of over-reactions and hypocrisies.
If it weren't for double standards, WM might not have any standards at all.  

As things stand, we're still operating from 7 AM-8:30 PM, I have to have my temp taken as soon as I enter the building, and we're still forced to wear these stupid masks.  It's time for Bentonville (our corporate office) to recognize states' rights and open us back up to 24 hours, and to slow their roll with the mask-wearing nonsense.  I feel like we're all forced to participate in this foolish masquerade that accomplishes absolutely nothing.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 21632
Age : 53
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2020 6:36 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
So did you build the garage from the ground up, or is it a remodel too?
It was technically supposed to be a remodel (retain 51% to remain grandfathered regarding setbacks) but inspector let me slide so it's from scratch. The only original things remaining are the slab, which I poured over and extended, and the garage door header that I had put in when we bought the place 25 years ago. If you hit my FB photos from early Oct you'll see before and in progress pics. The only thing I didn't do was pouring the concrete.

Edit: building inspector just approved it.

I had seen a number of photos.  Impressive that you built it pretty much from scratch.  Glad to hear you passed inspection, it looks great.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 852
Age : 54
Registration date : 2018-04-12

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 5:10 am

Our state is open...but we had a massive torbado sweeo through town. Haven't had piwer in two days. The linemen are working to fix that.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 15972
Age : 91
Registration date : 2007-02-09

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 7:17 am

Now church services for us.
We have to look to the service on YouTube.

Maybe the terrasses are open on June 1rst.
And maybe we can cut our hair very soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
What impact has the corona virus on you?
Back to top 
Page 7 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: