Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What will change after Corona Virus?

Go down 
+8
rockerVu2
Jen5
Black Rider
Through The Dark Radio
Normaniac
topshot rhit
Driven
alldatndensum
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What will change after Corona Virus? Empty
PostSubject: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 11:24 am

I was wondering what would change after the virus scare.  What industries will forever be impacted?  Will ways we do business change?  Will people have learned to do somethings for themselves during this and won't use services they used to pay for?  Or, will we go back to the same narcissism and consumerism as before we shut down the world economy?

What are your thoughts on this?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 12:06 pm

I've enjoyed shopping for groceries online and either picking them up in-store or having things delivered. In a way, I miss the familiarity of running a cart up and down the produce aisles, but I appreciate the convenience of comparing multiple brands together on a screen instead of all over the place. It also saves me forgetting something important while I'm at the store and only realizing it when I get home - I can open a cart and add to it over a few days before checking out. In a way, it's back to the days of general stores where you told the clerk what you wanted and they went and got it in the back. Except for quick stops to pick up a loaf of bread or a case of beverages, I think I'll be doing weekly groceries online for the foreseeable future.

I can also see the potential for some manufacturing to relocate and to be less outsourced to other countries. Depending on China for medical equipment, in hindsight, was dangerous. However, I don't know whether things will truly move in that direction, since it seems like things aren't out of control overall and there may be a "well, it wasn't so bad, we'll be fine!" reaction. The trouble is, with having things manufactured here, costs will go up like crazy, since people get paid better wages than overseas. And then people won't be able to afford them on those wages, so wages go up, and so do costs, and it's a spiral. (I'm no economist, though, so I could be out in left field.)

As an aside, I appreciate you starting a new thread for this, alldat - I don't want to go into the "main" coronavirus thread as it's starting to feel toxic to me. Not that people are being toxic to each other, but it's just hard to go in there and feel sane. Razz I think this will be an interesting topic.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 12:36 pm

I don't really care much. It will be whatever it will be and we'll adapt, but I expect it will mostly go back to the way it was. Hopefully we'll have learned enough to be more effective for the next time a bug comes around. I hope I can telecommute at least a day a week though.

Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 12:37 pm

I forgot to mention earlier that work from home may become more popular in the long run (like topshot mentioned), when people realize they don't have to be in the office from 9 to 5 every day. Of course, you can't replace in-person interactions, but it could reduce the number of cars on the road at the same time every morning and evening, which wouldn't be a bad thing if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 1:47 pm

It won't feel completely normal to me until society loses these dopy, ineffectual masks.  It's like Halloween year-round.  Sick of it.  Mad
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 2:31 pm

One thing that will change for me is I won't every pay for a haircut again.  I have now successfully done a buzz cut myself twice at home.  Why should I ever pay $15 again for 4 minutes in a chair for a haircut?  Oh, if I had great hair, I probably would, but a buzz is probably my go-to style for the rest of my time here on earth.

I think churches will be much emptier.  People will have fallen for the whole digital church convenience.  Oh, I can watch my pastor online and don't even have to get up that day.  I also think we will see a lot of nominal Christians fall away as they get involved with a local body of believers less and less until faith is something they confess but don't really participate anymore.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 3:02 pm

I hope that people will appreciate teachers and medical care personnel more. And make sure that they're paid accordingly.

I wonder how we go to concerts will change. How will Audiofeed handle things?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 5:43 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
I hope that people will appreciate teachers and medical care personnel more. And make sure that they're paid accordingly.

I wonder how we go to concerts will change. How will Audiofeed handle things?

Parents will appreciate teachers until they decide that they don't like how schools are educating their kids once they reopen.  With some of the hororble responses I have experienced and read online just over different opinions, we are about to experience rudeness of new levels.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 6:18 pm

I've seen reports that many parents will move toward homeschooling even when schools open. That would be interesting if it really happened, the government won't like that. I also think we'll see more telecommuting for work, people ordering even more online and like alldat said, more people staying home for "church."
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2020 9:58 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I think churches will be much emptier.  People will have fallen for the whole digital church convenience.  Oh, I can watch my pastor online and don't even have to get up that day.  I also think we will see a lot of nominal Christians fall away as they get involved with a local body of believers less and less until faith is something they confess but don't really participate anymore.

Some churches, usually larger ones, were already livestreaming their services. In theory, it's a nice way for people who are stuck at home (illness or whatnot) to follow along, but I'm sure many had found it convenient and equivalent to showing up to the show, just minus actually getting out of the house. That's the trouble - when it becomes a soft rock concert with a feel good message, it becomes a lot more consumeristic. I suspect this is especially the case with larger churches that are larger because of marketing and pandering (as opposed to organic growth).

It's also harder to become part of the community in a large church, which can lead to consumerism where it's all about "being fed" and not being challenged. I'm personally grateful for a smaller church where more interaction and community is possible, but I'm sure there's a case to be made for larger churches with small groups - you still have to get people to join them, though. Currently, my church is meeting over Zoom on Sundays with some Bible studies during the week, whereas a larger church (from organic growth) in my hometown is streaming their services. I don't know how the larger church is doing community interaction, but I hope there's something, because there's a risk of people just saying "well I can just tune in whenever I want from home in my PJs!" and forgetting that church is a body of believers, not a show.

A return to normal may be a time where nominal believers are challenged either to deepen their faith or to leave it behind, if churches stop livestreaming. Of course, it'd be amazing if people would embrace the church, but especially in some more Bible-belt areas where Christianity can be cultural more than personal, there will likely be people giving up. It's sad, but it's a time of weeding. (As always, I could be wrong.)
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2020 6:09 pm

Here in NZ people have developed so much respect for frontline workers. Checkout clerks and courier drivers are right up there with nurses and doctors. It's been quite leveling. I think supermarket workers are going to see their pay rate rise out of this. Nurses unions will more successfully negotiate terms when their contracts come due. Also, I think people will appreciate the return of convenience.
I worry about folks who have lost their jobs out of this whole epidemic, but I do think that most people will bounce back given a little time.
Me personally, I've discovered that I quite like living like a hermit. Two months ago I was a self-declared jeans queen; now, I'm all about the comfort of slouch pants and a hoodie.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2020 6:53 am

The social distance to other people.
That we can't go with 50 people to restaurants musea, the cinema.
Maybe people have to work more at home.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 2:35 pm

I'm part of a large church, and leader of a small group. Our people were clamoring to come back to live worship services, obviously we have to do things a bit differently for a while, but we've been full right up to the allowed capacity of the building for every service since reopening.
Personally, I have enjoyed so much getting back to playing live music with our worship team...playing along with the livestream at home is ok, but no substitute for playing together.
Our small group met via video conferencing a few times, but we're back to meeting together again as well. 
The tiny amount of cases in our area make all these guidelines seem even more ridiculous than they actually are.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 2:50 pm

I saw a news snippet yesterday that suggested that over 40% of the layoffs due to the Covid-19 lock down will not return.

Driven

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 3:32 pm

I just saw an article about a call centre in my town that's closing down their office space since everyone is now working from home. Apparently, a significant proportion were already working from home before this crisis came on the map.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 9:57 pm

The 2nd Civil War.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2020 10:19 am

Staybrite wrote:
I saw a news snippet yesterday that suggested that over 40% of the layoffs due to the Covid-19 lock down will not return.

I also saw an article where the Democrats are going to target Trump with the downturn of the economy in hopes of getting Biden elected.  Biden?  Seriously?  He can barely speak coherently anymore.

Truthfully, any business that goes under during this time should sue their mayors, governors, and even the President.  If they hadn't shut us down, then there wouldn't be so many out of work.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2020 2:30 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I also saw an article where the Democrats are going to target Trump with the downturn of the economy in hopes of getting Biden elected.  Biden?  Seriously?  He can barely speak coherently anymore.

Truthfully, any business that goes under during this time should sue their mayors, governors, and even the President.  If they hadn't shut us down, then there wouldn't be so many out of work.

Or at least give the businesses the option to close/work from home/stay open.  If people want to protect themselves with masks and gloves that's fine. If people want to shelter in their homes, that's fine too. But forcing people to surrender their lively hood over some incredibly poor statistical models was a really stupid idea.

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2020 5:51 pm

I think targeting Trump will backfire as it's the Dem governors not opening back up yet and even Fauci says we need to before we do irreparable harm to the economy. (too late) But with the way the media seems to control the spin on everything it's hard to say.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2020 8:06 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Or at least give the businesses the option to close/work from home/stay open.  If people want to protect themselves with masks and gloves that's fine. If people want to shelter in their homes, that's fine too. But forcing people to surrender their lively hood over some incredibly poor statistical models was a really stupid idea.

Businesses could make that choice now that things are reopening.  However, giving the common folk the choice to stay home will just result in those who are getting more from unemployment benefits becoming more lazy and staying on the government payroll.  That scenario would be a dream for Biden, Pelosi, and the rest of the Dems.  If they are on the payroll, they are way more likely to vote for the people who gave them the extra money while turning a blind eye to the fact that these same people voted themselves a fat pay raise while refusing to work for three months.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2020 10:31 am

Our Perkins restaurant closed for good because when they went to reopen, their employees chose to stay on unemployment because they are making more money.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2020 11:29 am

Xid wrote:
Our Perkins restaurant closed for good because when they went to reopen, their employees chose to stay on unemployment because they are making more money.

People who do that should be reported by their former employers to the Unemployment office and ALL benefits be terminated at that time for refusing work.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2020 2:14 pm

The problem is that business have not opened up pretty much at all on the West Coast (California, Washington & Oregon)...due to the draconian fist of the governors.  Several other "Democratic" states as well have not been reopened (or only partially reopened). Here in Washington some business have started to sue the governor over the inability to reopen. 

Whoever had the idea to give people more money on unemployment than they were previously making should be beat with the bloody stump of their own arm.  The exact same thing happened in ancient Rome, and when people found out they could make more money doing nothing, they quit working...it eventually proved to be the end of the Roman Empire (don't get me wrong, there were other factors as well).  People who refuse to return to work need to be reported by their employer and have their unemployment benefits revoked immediately....end of story.

Xid

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2020 2:47 pm

Hear, hear!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 7:33 am

Staybrite wrote:
The problem is that business have not opened up pretty much at all on the West Coast (California, Washington & Oregon)...due to the draconian fist of the governors.  Several other "Democratic" states as well have not been reopened (or only partially reopened). Here in Washington some business have started to sue the governor over the inability to reopen. 

Whoever had the idea to give people more money on unemployment than they were previously making should be beat with the bloody stump of their own arm.  The exact same thing happened in ancient Rome, and when people found out they could make more money doing nothing, they quit working...it eventually proved to be the end of the Roman Empire (don't get me wrong, there were other factors as well).  People who refuse to return to work need to be reported by their employer and have their unemployment benefits revoked immediately....end of story.

The same tactic was used by the Bolsheviks in Russia to help win over the people as they went full blown Socialist.  Because of being unable to get people to work under the new rules, it made it very easy for the government to take total control and become a Communist regime.  With Burn-Me Sanders, San-Fran Nan, and Con-Shilla Harris all pushing a socialist platform now, this could well be how they lay the final paving stones to a road that travels straight to Hell.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What will change after Corona Virus?   What will change after Corona Virus? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What will change after Corona Virus?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next