Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 What impact has the corona virus on you?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 21464
Age : 51
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 4:14 pm

Our county mayor issued an order yesterday requiring masks.  We have seen "an uptick" over the past two weeks.  When people on social media began to criticize him, he backpedaled by saying that his wording was wrong and that he didn't have the power to make such a proclamation.  Today, the Nashville talk station has said that our new cases are in health care (nursing homes), construction, and food preparation facilities.  What do those last two have to do with one another?  We have a lot of illegals in both industries in Tennessee.

The media doesn't want to tell you the truth because it isn't scary enough to control you, folks.

_________________
I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4097
Age : 50
Localisation : Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2013-09-17

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 5:08 pm

So, are they to blame for the uptick all of the sudden?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 21464
Age : 51
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 8:36 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
So, are they to blame for the uptick all of the sudden?


That's just where the uptick is.

I would still say that this doesn't take into consideration all the protests and riots that took place.

_________________
I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 584
Age : 53
Registration date : 2018-04-12

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 2:05 am

Maybe now more herd immunity will be developed.  If Trump hadn't listened to those charlatans Farci and Birx, perhaps we'd be further along in overcoming the Plandemic.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 2656
Age : 49
Localisation : Panama City, FL
Registration date : 2012-03-18

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 3:34 am

The high cases in Florida are people 34 and younger. None of which are in nursing homes. Might be because of bars being open. And while they do have restrictions on how many can enter many are not following the guidelines in bars or on beaches. 

And I am not sure there is immunity. Kayla Braxon of WWE has now gotten it twice. Tested positive in March and got over it and now has it again. 

From 411Mania: In addition to Renee Young and Adam Pearce, it appears WWE announcer Kayla Braxton has also tested positive for COVID-19. As she notes in her Twitter post, she previously had the virus back in March, so it seems that you are not immune after catching it the first time.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 21464
Age : 51
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 5:01 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
The high cases in Florida are people 34 and younger. None of which are in nursing homes. Might be because of bars being open. And while they do have restrictions on how many can enter many are not following the guidelines in bars or on beaches. 

And I am not sure there is immunity. Kayla Braxon of WWE has now gotten it twice. Tested positive in March and got over it and now has it again. 

From 411Mania: In addition to Renee Young and Adam Pearce, it appears WWE announcer Kayla Braxton has also tested positive for COVID-19. As she notes in her Twitter post, she previously had the virus back in March, so it seems that you are not immune after catching it the first time.


But even the CDC has said that nearly half of the tests are defective and will test positive.  The anti-body tests now are counted as a positive.

There is so much misinformation being given that you almost cannot believe anything you hear about it.

One of our local TV stations ran a story on their website and app talking about our huge jump in numbers this past Friday.  It sounded atrocious, and it would make no sense to be opening more things if this were true.  The article was a REPRINT from March that most people would have overlooked.  That was one of the first things I checked.  It wasn't even new information.  Supposedly, they had added new information to the article, but a quick search found the same article on their website from both today and in March.  They were identical.  They were bald-face lying.

_________________
I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1181
Registration date : 2011-04-13

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 6:30 pm

We will get non stop fear until the election and depending on who wins, nothing but fear after that. Say goodbye to the republic, it's dead and if Trump wins I expect war. If Biden wins I expect we will be soon seeing UN boots in the country.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 21096
Age : 52
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 8:36 pm

Personally I don't care how many "new cases" there are.  That doesn't mean much.
I want to know how many people are being hospitalized, because that is what really matters.
We didn't do this lock-down in an attempt to eradicate the virus (because that's impossible...at least right now).  The media & government seems to have conveniently forgotten is that the goal was to flatten the curve (and that's exactly what happened....whether the lock-downs helped or not).  My wife works in a hospital with a Covid ward and they can't even fill half the beds in the entire hospital (less in the covid ward)....and they are still furloughing people!  How can this be a crisis if most hospitals don't even have enough sick people to keep all of their staff....heck if this was a real medical crisis most hospitals should be desperate to push their people into over-time not cut their hours.  Some serious B.S. going on here.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1181
Registration date : 2011-04-13

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 8:46 pm

Yep, and I hope people figure it out.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2017-08-01

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 4:56 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Personally I don't care how many "new cases" there are.  That doesn't mean much.
I want to know how many people are being hospitalized, because that is what really matters.
We didn't do this lock-down in an attempt to eradicate the virus (because that's impossible...at least right now).  The media & government seems to have conveniently forgotten is that the goal was to flatten the curve (and that's exactly what happened....whether the lock-downs helped or not).  My wife works in a hospital with a Covid ward and they can't even fill half the beds in the entire hospital (less in the covid ward)....and they are still furloughing people!  How can this be a crisis if most hospitals don't even have enough sick people to keep all of their staff....heck if this was a real medical crisis most hospitals should be desperate to push their people into over-time not cut their hours.  Some serious B.S. going on here.
Here in NZ the hospitals stopped all elective surgery in a bid to clear space and personnel for the pandemic when it hit our shores. Throughout the highest risk part of our pandemic response, they kept hospitals as free of patients as possible so that if we were to have a spike in cases, our healthcare system wouldn't be overrun. After seeing what other countries (like Italy) had experienced when their healthcare system became overrun and the death rate from covid jumped to a massive 14% because of the lack of hospital space, New Zealand chose to clear its wards as much as possible. I can't speak to the US experience, but I would imagine that your healthcare system would be considering similar risks in their management strategy. It sounds to me like they simply haven't been very good about communicating their strategy to their employees and to the wider public.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 4660
Age : 51
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 6:48 pm

The US went into full panic overkill mode.  Our local hospitals in our valley laid off a lot of employees.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4097
Age : 50
Localisation : Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2013-09-17

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2020 9:12 am

Some of the hospitals in the DFW area are almost full in their COVID-19 units
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 21096
Age : 52
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2020 11:56 am

Jen5 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Personally I don't care how many "new cases" there are.  That doesn't mean much.
I want to know how many people are being hospitalized, because that is what really matters.
We didn't do this lock-down in an attempt to eradicate the virus (because that's impossible...at least right now).  The media & government seems to have conveniently forgotten is that the goal was to flatten the curve (and that's exactly what happened....whether the lock-downs helped or not).  My wife works in a hospital with a Covid ward and they can't even fill half the beds in the entire hospital (less in the covid ward)....and they are still furloughing people!  How can this be a crisis if most hospitals don't even have enough sick people to keep all of their staff....heck if this was a real medical crisis most hospitals should be desperate to push their people into over-time not cut their hours.  Some serious B.S. going on here.
Here in NZ the hospitals stopped all elective surgery in a bid to clear space and personnel for the pandemic when it hit our shores. Throughout the highest risk part of our pandemic response, they kept hospitals as free of patients as possible so that if we were to have a spike in cases, our healthcare system wouldn't be overrun. After seeing what other countries (like Italy) had experienced when their healthcare system became overrun and the death rate from covid jumped to a massive 14% because of the lack of hospital space, New Zealand chose to clear its wards as much as possible. I can't speak to the US experience, but I would imagine that your healthcare system would be considering similar risks in their management strategy. It sounds to me like they simply haven't been very good about communicating their strategy to their employees and to the wider public.

The biggest hit to our hospitals have been "scheduled surgeries".  For hospitals that do surgeries (like my wife's hospital), around 70-80% of the hospital's income comes from those surgeries (hip replacements, transplants, knee repair, mastectomies, etc.).  When your hospital looses that much of it's revenue because the government mandates that you can't do scheduled surgeries it's only a matter of time before the hospital can't afford to keep it's full staff.  Much more time with that much lost revenue and some hospitals will have to shut down altogether.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2017-08-01

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2020 5:39 pm

Shocked
...shut down altogether?! That's insane.
I'm probably stepping into a big steaming pile of political poo by saying this, but hospitals are for everyone. You wouldn't privatize your military (who protect your land) so why privatize the hospitals (who protect your body)? If y'all had a proper universal healthcare system where everyone has access to the same healthcare, there'd be no issue when the government (responsibly) mandates no surgery. The hospitals would remain open and the healthcare workers would keep their jobs. I'm totally stunned that during a pandemic you've got healthcare workers losing their jobs. Totally Shocked and not just a little upset actually.

I hope your wife's job is secure, Staybrite.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 21096
Age : 52
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2020 8:08 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Shocked
...shut down altogether?! That's insane.
I'm probably stepping into a big steaming pile of political poo by saying this, but hospitals are for everyone. You wouldn't privatize your military (who protect your land) so why privatize the hospitals (who protect your body)? If y'all had a proper universal healthcare system where everyone has access to the same healthcare, there'd be no issue when the government (responsibly) mandates no surgery. The hospitals would remain open and the healthcare workers would keep their jobs. I'm totally stunned that during a pandemic you've got healthcare workers losing their jobs. Totally Shocked and not just a little upset actually.

I hope your wife's job is secure, Staybrite.

It does seem rather crazy that hospitals could shut down, but they are a "for profit" industry in the U.S. (not necessarily sure that is such a good idea myself, but for some reason everything our government does costs 10x more than the private sector can do...so there is that problem with national healthcare....).  My wife's hours have been cut but the position she is in now is relatively secure.  She works in the delivery ward...where the new babies come into the world.  So unless people quit having kids, her part of the hospital should remain open. Very Happy

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2017-08-01

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2020 8:42 pm

Oh man, that's even worse Staybrite. Now I'm even more upset. I thought they'd be not for profit at least. To profit from people's misfortune is just twisted. Totally insane.

I hope all of you here have access to good healthcare where you live and will pray for those in your country who don't.

____
Babies? How gorgeous. That must be rewarding work. Glad her job is secure, Gary.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit



Number of posts : 3375
Localisation : Indiana
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2020 9:03 pm

FWIW, not all US hospitals are for profit. We have one of each in my town.

_________________
"If you are not concerned about your neighbor's salvation,
you should be concerned about your own."
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1440
Registration date : 2017-08-01

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2020 9:08 pm

Ah. Not so totally insane then.  : )
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 21096
Age : 52
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 1:25 am

topshot rhit wrote:
FWIW, not all US hospitals are for profit. We have one of each in my town.

We actually have quite a few of them in Western Washington as well.  But just because they are non-profit doesn't mean they don't still chase you down for billings.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 21464
Age : 51
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 12:22 pm

DAvidson County in Tennessee has made a new mandate requiring masks.  There will be a $50 fine on all busuinesses not requiring guests to wear masks, and you can be charged with a midemeanor for not complying.  The surrounding counties (of which I live in) are supposed to meet with the governor to see if the same thing could be done in those municipalities as well.  The governor has stated he would rather require masks now than to shut things down again.  I don't want to wear it, but I would to keep things opening back up.  That seems to be our choices now.

IF they started shutting things down again, I think we would see more than protests.  You might see a lot more rioting, but this time it won't be BLM and Antifa.  People are angry about having their rights stripped away, and I fear it could get ugly.

_________________
I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1626
Localisation : Arizona
Registration date : 2007-04-28

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 6:50 pm

Quote :
We actually have quite a few of them in Western Washington as well.  But just because they are non-profit doesn't mean they don't still chase you down for billings.

 I work in the medical billing and collections fields - both non profit and for profit over the years - and this statement is 100% accurate!

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9464
Age : 50
Localisation : Here
Registration date : 2007-05-18

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 11:07 pm

2020 is becoming way too overwhelming for me. Ridiculous year that's just getting worse.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3137
Age : 33
Registration date : 2013-07-17

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 11:30 pm

^I'm sorry to hear that Jim.  Hang in there.  Yeah this has been one heck of a year so far, and we're only halfway through it!

Well, I've had hardly any work for some time now.  I applied for unemployment and it took them like five or so weeks to approve me before I got paid anything.  Late last week I got notification that apparently I was never eligible to begin with (due to self-employment) and so now I suspect they'll make me pay everything they gave me back (with interest, if you can believe it...).  What a mess...  But God is good and during this time He's been teaching me to be more careful/responsible with the money He provides and to appreciate the gifts He gives.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 21096
Age : 52
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 4:05 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
2020 is becoming way too overwhelming for me. Ridiculous year that's just getting worse.

kerrick wrote:
^I'm sorry to hear that Jim.  Hang in there.  Yeah this has been one heck of a year so far, and we're only halfway through it!

Well, I've had hardly any work for some time now.  I applied for unemployment and it took them like five or so weeks to approve me before I got paid anything.  Late last week I got notification that apparently I was never eligible to begin with (due to self-employment) and so now I suspect they'll make me pay everything they gave me back (with interest, if you can believe it...).  What a mess...  But God is good and during this time He's been teaching me to be more careful/responsible with the money He provides and to appreciate the gifts He gives.

Wow, sad news from you both.  Really hoping you don't have to pay back the unemployment.  I never understand the government's need to punish people who are self-employed, but they really can make it hard on them.
Praying things will improve for both of you.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9464
Age : 50
Localisation : Here
Registration date : 2007-05-18

What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 5:21 pm

Thanks Staying Abrite Staying Abrite, hooo hooo hooo hooo Staying Abrite.... oh sorry...   Embarassed  Laughing


Yeh that's messed up Kerrick  Sad Good that you're keeping a positive attitude though. That's the challenge in all of this I suppose. If it were just the stupid "boogeyman virus" and the rioting and killing in our backyard, that'd be one thing (as most are in the same boat), but it's all that stuff on top of all the other personal things going on in our lives (as Kerrick points out). It all just gets so crazy after a while that you wonder if things will EVER go back to normal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What impact has the corona virus on you?   What impact has the corona virus on you? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
What impact has the corona virus on you?
Back to top 
Page 11 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: