Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+13
bassdude
rockerVu2
Xid
Fundy
Through The Dark Radio
Normaniac
Driven
kerrick
MikeInFla
Hardkore
Staybrite
topshot rhit
alldatndensum
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

What are you watching? - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 6:43 am

Hardkore wrote:
A couple of 80’s TV movies..

The Incredible Hulk Returns

The Trial of The Incredible Hulk

The latter has John Rhys-Davies as Wilson Fisk aka The Kingpin.
I have those Hulk movies (and Death Of The Hulk on DVD). They are pretty bad but I was excited when they originally aired since it was my favorite show when I was a kid. They could've been much better than what they were but they seemed to avoid canon for the most part and some stuff didn't make sense. Was good to see jack Colvin in the first movie but then he just disappeared with no explanation. I know Kenneth Johnston wanted to shoot a final episode in the original run before it was canceled where McGee finally found out David was The Hulk. Banner would go on trial for the death of Elaina Marks but then be acquitted and wrap up on a happy note. Johnston was not involved with the tv movies. There were plans for one more movie "The Revenge Of The Hulk" but it was scrapped due to Bixby's declining health.

As for the last thing I watched, Mindhunter on Netflix. 2 episodes in and it is a little slow. About an FBI agent in 1977. Not a lot of gore, at least yet but has some language and nudity. I'll watch a few more episodes but if it doesn't pick up the pace I'll dump it.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 11:38 am

The entire Scream quadrilogy.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 11:46 am

^Nice!  All four movies are fantastic.

Don't bother with the TV show though.  It's pretty lame.  I stuck through both seasons, regrettably.  It's basically a teenie-bop soap-opera which happens to have a serial killer on the loose too.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 3:05 pm

Watched a few more episodes of Mindhunder on Netflix. I did some looking around about it and it's based on real events and real FBI agents (some of the names have been changed). Made it a little more interesting. It is slow moving but getting interesting.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 3:16 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Watched a few more episodes of Mindhunder on Netflix. I did some looking around about it and it's based on real events and real FBI agents (some of the names have been changed). Made it a little more interesting. It is slow moving but getting interesting.

I have that one saved, but haven't gotten around to starting it yet.  I'm working through all three seasons of "Badlands" on Netflix right now.  I try not to do more than two or three series at a time or I can't seem to keep up.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 4:42 am

Staybrite wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

I have that one saved, but haven't gotten around to starting it yet.  I'm working through all three seasons of "Badlands" on Netflix right now.  I try not to do more than two or three series at a time or I can't seem to keep up.
Same, I have several shows downloaded to watch. As for Mindhunter I went ahead and downloaded the last 5 episodes of season 1. Also downloaded one episode of that new "prank" show they are doing with the kid from Stranger Things. I watched the trailer so I figured I would give it a shot. Someone also recommended "Good Cop, Bad Cop" since I am a fan of Monk (made by the same people) and was told it was really good but haven't got around to starting yet. I think I'll finish up Mindhunter first. The criminals they interview are real people so that is making it interesting. One creepy guy walking around is a home security salesman. I won't spoil it. I figured out who he was pretty early and that's when I did some investigating to see what the show was about.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 6:35 am

On Netflix, we are watching Alexa & Kate.  It is a fun sit-com.

At the theater yesterday, I saw The Addams Family.  This is the animated version done by Tim Burton.  My only regret in watching this is that it wasn't live action.  It felt like the two movies that hit the theaters in the 90s.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 1:38 pm

I also heard there's a Ouija board scene in TAF.  One Christian viewer and his family walked out midway through.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 1:38 pm

On viewing front:

Ant-Man
Arrow
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 6:14 am

Normaniac wrote:
I also heard there's a Ouija board scene in TAF.  One Christian viewer and his family walked out midway through.

There was, but they were trying to call a family member.  Even in the 90s movies, there were seances and such.  They are, after all, a family of monsters and killers just trying to fit in.  It's all done in a way where you KNOW that they are making fun of it.

To continue my Addams trek:

The Addams Family (1991)

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 9:58 am

http://pluto.tv is free TV online. They have a ton of channels, all free. I noticed they have an Addams Family channel with nothing but that show on 24/7.

https://pluto.tv/live-tv/the-addams-family
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 10:07 am

And I never knew about this, just found it might watch it and see if it is any good

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 2:06 pm

Alien Intrusion DVD.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2019 8:32 pm

Dumbo 2019....meh.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 9:22 am

One more episode of Mindhunter on Netflix and I will be done with Season 2. it hasn't been renewed yet but the creator has enough stories for 5 seasons. I am really liking it. If you watch be aware there is language, some sexual content and while not violent it discusses violent crimes. Since it is based on real events one of the characters portrayed in the show says it is about 80% accurate. One thing I don't care for is the modern day swerve where they include a character who lives an "different" lifestyle if you know what I mean. but those scenes are easy to FF thru and not essential (and the character is married to a man in real life). Currently they are trying to solve the Atlanta child murders.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 9:55 am

I recently finished watching the Chinese suspense flick Hide And Seek.  (It's a remake of a Korean movie which is supposedly better but Netflix only had the Chinese one.)  I thought it was quite good.  It gets a little over-the-top towards the end, but overall I thought it was decent and I'd recommend it.  The basic plot is a wealthy family-man's long-estranged brother goes missing and there's a mysterious person masked with a motorcycle helmet (maybe his brother, maybe not...?) committing violent acts who's somehow linked to it all.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 8:46 pm

We finally got caught up with all the previous Veronica Mars series.  Now we are done with the new 4th season on Hulu.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 2:47 pm

Patton Oswalt was such a sleazoid on VM4, wasn't he, Alldat? And Logan's end? Man...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2019 7:19 am

Normaniac wrote:
Patton Oswalt was such a sleazoid on VM4, wasn't he, Alldat? And Logan's end? Man...

Yeah, Logan's fate is pretty well sealed, and he won't be returning for season five should there be one.  Well, they could use him for flashbacks like they did Lilly Cain back in the early days.

I was glad to see Keith Mars without a cane at the end as well.  I just like Veronica's dad on this show.

I do wish they had used more of Mac and Wallace, though.

Oswalt was playing a sleezoid for sure.  I figured out his involvement with the bombings by episode 4.  He felt like a mix between some goofball Alex Jones conspiracy theorist and a hacker from the Anonymous group.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2019 10:26 am

Occult Hollywood Vol. 2-- William Ramsey on Vimeo.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2019 8:26 am

Iowa vs. Minnesota
Florida vs. Missouri
Blue Bloods
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Still Mine

Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2019 3:24 am

New England vs. Philadelphia.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2019 7:08 am

Season 2 of Alexa & Kate on Netflix.  It's funny and CLEAN.  Wow!  I didn't know Netflix had it in them!

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2019 2:38 pm

Trying to catch up on Man In The High Castle on Amazon Prime. Watching Season 3 now before I start Season 4, which came out last week. It is kind of a "what if" scenario. It takes place in the 1960's and the allies lost WWII and Germany reigns over half the country with Japan ruling the west side. Interesting story so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next