Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+13
bassdude
rockerVu2
Xid
Fundy
Through The Dark Radio
Normaniac
Driven
kerrick
MikeInFla
Hardkore
Staybrite
topshot rhit
alldatndensum
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2007-06-03

What are you watching? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 2:50 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Ant Man and the Wasp.
Oh man what a poopfest...I found almost nothing to like in this movie.  The original was 100x better.
Th main/only thing about that movie was why he wasn't with the Avengers fighting Thanos.. Aside from that,it was good for some visuals,especially in 3D.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 4:43 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Ant Man and the Wasp.
Oh man what a poopfest...I found almost nothing to like in this movie.  The original was 100x better.
Th main/only thing about that movie was why he wasn't with the Avengers fighting Thanos.. Aside from that,it was good for some visuals,especially in 3D.

Oh yeah, the special effects were great.  But other than that I wasn't impressed.  It doesn't help that I am not at all a fan of Evangeline Lily.  Seemed like a really lame villain and weak story line.  Doesn't help that I'm totally burnt out on the genre.

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 9:33 pm

Star Trek: First Contact

Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 3:19 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Ant Man and the Wasp.

Oh yeah, the special effects were great.  But other than that I wasn't impressed.  It doesn't help that I am not at all a fan of Evangeline Lily.  Seemed like a really lame villain and weak story line.  Doesn't help that I'm totally burnt out on the genre.
I'm sort of in the same boat.  I thought the movie was okay, but completely forgettable.  I'm also on burnout, although the new Avengers movie could be good.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 11:19 am

Fundy wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Ant Man and the Wasp.

I'm sort of in the same boat.  I thought the movie was okay, but completely forgettable.  I'm also on burnout, although the new Avengers movie could be good.

If the new Avengers movie is good I will probably keep watching most of the films.  If I'm less than thrilled I will probably just be completely done with Marvel (well maybe not Guardians, I still really like that and would watch future films....assuming enough of them are left alive to carry on that series of the franchise).

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 10:39 am

Rich Crazy Asians
I expected to totally despise the film, but it was actually rather interesting.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 5:44 pm

I am 5 episodes into the Amazon Prime series "Hanna".

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 5:48 pm

Star Trek: Insurrection

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 6:13 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Let me know if it's any good.  I might watch it.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 9:18 pm

Shazam!

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 6:37 am

topshot rhit wrote:
Shazam!

How did you like it?  I had way more fun watching this than I did Capt. Marvel.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 11:17 am

A Star Is Born (the new one)

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 3:29 pm

Shazam! 
Thumbs Up
That was good entertainment.  Looking forward to the sequel.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 9:14 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:
Shazam!
How did you like it?  I had way more fun watching this than I did Capt. Marvel.
Agree that it was a fun and enjoyable movie. Can't compare it to CM since I haven't seen that.

The Sum of All Fears

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 6:23 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

It wasn't bad, but the actors seemed a bit flat to me in this.  Also, the storyline draws you in at first but soon becomes predictable.  I am not sure I would watch a second season.

I have since started The Tick.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 3:03 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

It wasn't bad, but the actors seemed a bit flat to me in this.  Also, the storyline draws you in at first but soon becomes predictable.  I am not sure I would watch a second season.

I have since started The Tick.

I"m watching The Tick right now as well.  At first I wasn't so keen as I found myself comparing it to the TV series version with Patrick Warburton....but a few episodes into the first season I was hooked and now I think I like it even better than the old version (also discovered Warburton is a producer on the new series, thought that was interesting).

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 3:35 pm

I saw Shazam on Monday.  Thought it was pretty good.  Not great, but still good fun.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2019 12:54 am

Mortal Engines
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1448
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 6:27 am

The Tick, season two.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 3:07 pm

Normaniac wrote:
The Tick, season two.

I'm only like three episodes into it but I'm digging the goofiness.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 5:02 pm

Fundy wrote:
I saw Shazam on Monday.  Thought it was pretty good.  Not great, but still good fun.

I thought it was done quite well!  I liked it way more than Capt. Marvel.  I liked this because it really showed how goofy a hero would be if a kid was given real super powers.  Peter Parker always seemed to just know how to be a hero.  This kid wants to still be a kid and use his new powers just to have fun--just what most kids would want.  He doesn't become a hero until he realizes that his new family is in danger from the bad guy and has to defend them.  He also realizes that he is stronger with his family and shares his powers.....just like in the comics.  I thought this was a great comics to screen adaptation while still adding elements to modernize the story.  I pray they do a couple of sequels of this one as long as they bring the fun factor back with it.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Ben-Hur at the theater for the 60th anniversary showing via Fathom Events.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 8:19 pm

Star Trek: Nemesis

Patriot Games

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 6:14 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Having never seen the movie they did of this back somewhere around 2010, the story intrigued me.  I kept watching because of the story.  However, some of the acting is wooden and I never really felt anything for the characters.

I have now finished season one of The Tick.  While it is goofy, I at least connect with Arthur.  He doesn't want to be a hero.  He just wants to be normal.  Normal will never happen when the Tick is around.  I feel for his sister Dot who wants to protect her brother but also wants to be done with him.  Well, until she gets involved in this, too!

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2019 11:16 am

kerrick wrote:
Prospect was really quite good!  Something I particularly appreciated about it was how the plot didn't seem contrived or forced - and thus the characters demoted to plot devices.  Instead, the progression of the story seemed driven by decisions made by the characters: decisions that may not always be completely rational, but consistent with who they are.  The acting was very solid and a special kudos to the set designer who did some amazing work.  Overall I recommend it!

Prospect - Other than the plot, which I agree wasn't forced or contrived, I enjoyed this. Agree that the acting, cinematography, effects, set, etc was well done for a budget film. While the overall story was good, there were just too many spots that were quite odd/weird or not paced well. My wife and I were both non-plussed at the end. It could easily have been 4.5/5 but I'll give it 3/5.

Clear and Present Danger

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next