Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
mr.electric40
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Jen5
rockerVu2
Dynamis
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Driven
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23471
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Random Ramblings - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 7:19 am

Two GLORIOUS days of sunshine in a row?  I could get spoiled to this!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 8:49 am

How's the basement? Sun drying anything up or is the water just sitting there?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 11:45 am

It's gotten quite blustery up here in PA . . . I'd almost think I was back in north Texas  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 12:33 pm

You must be getting what blew (literally) through here yesterday.  On a related note, if you happen to see a porch light that looks like an old lantern come blowing through, please send it back my way.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 1:20 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
You must be getting what blew (literally) through here yesterday.  On a related note, if you happen to see a porch light that looks like an old lantern come blowing through, please send it back my way.
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 10:22 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
How's the basement? Sun drying anything up or is the water just sitting there?

Luckily, the worst of the flooding around us was near major rivers and creeks.  Those low lying areas are still in danger as they are releasing tons of water through the dams around us.  Yesterday and today, Percy Priest Dam was pumping 125,000 gallons per second!  That is a lot of water to inflict on the rivers and creeks below, but they have to do it to get the pressures off the dams.

The sunshine has helped.  Between pumping yesterday and storm drains having a chance to run out, my basement is muddy but not wet anymore.  The several feet of water has subsided.  Praise the Lord!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 11:00 pm

Good news.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 11:12 pm

Glad things are drying up for you Chris. You can send some of your water over here if you like. We're in the middle of a drought. It's very dry. My lawn is no more and the trees are losing their leaves even though we're still in high summer just cause it's SO dry.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 7:26 am

Jen5 wrote:
Glad things are drying up for you Chris. You can send some of your water over here if you like. We're in the middle of a drought. It's very dry. My lawn is no more and the trees are losing their leaves even though we're still in high summer just cause it's SO dry.

We have more than enough water right now with the weather February on record.  Percy Priest Dam in Nashville was pumping 150,000 gallons PER MINUTE yesterday to get pressure off.  They will be doing that until noon today.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 9:08 am

No floodings here.
High pressure gives us very sunny but dry weather.
I love the sunshine.
The sun makes me feel better.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 10:00 am

Sorry, Eric.  Haven't seen your lantern porch light.  Those Canadian geese probably took it . . . they're such troublemakers.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 7:09 pm

Spent the day in Biloxi, Ms. today. Had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe and then some time along the beach.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 7:51 pm

It went down below 0 again. Happily, my racing tractor started and I was able to get to work. The roads are clear but driveways and parking lots are pretty icy because of the melt-freeze.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 9:43 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Spent the day in Biloxi, Ms. today. Had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe and then some time along the beach.
Niice
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 1:23 pm

This week the roofers brought over a trailer to throw my shingles in when they tear them off. But they haven't started on my roof yet. Today my wife stayed home from work and I am glad she did. She told me the roof was leaking in the dining room pretty bad. So I rushed home and went on the roof to reposition the tarps. I was only way from work for 14 minutes! Thank God I live close to work! I'll be glad when this hurricane mess is over.

Also, I have a pretty big shed/barn. During the storm it blew off the concrete blocks (and it had a huge hole in it). I paid the company who made it to repair it (which they did in Novemeber) but that repair man had no way to get it back on blocks and re-level it. I paid for that as well. I had been calling them every week since Oct to come and put my shed back on blocks. Last week I sent them a nasty e-mail saying I would contact the Better Business Bureau and my congressman to complain. They still didn't reply so that's what I did last Friday. Today a man from Tennessee called and said he would be here on Saturday to re-level my shed and put it back on blocks. So I guess it worked! However, the trailer/dumpster the roofers put in the yard blocks off access to the backyard! So I will worry about that on Saturday. If it comes down to it I can have my neighbor move that trailer for me to clear access to the backyard.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 3:52 pm

Weather is kinda crazy.  We've just had the warmest February day on record!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 5:17 pm

Where are you Fundy? We're stuck in the polar vortex and it's not fun. 

Mike, sorry to hear how hard it's been, hope it gets taken care of.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 5:32 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Where are you Fundy? We're stuck in the polar vortex and it's not fun. 

Mike, sorry to hear how hard it's been, hope it gets taken care of.

Fundy is from the UK.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 9:30 am

I wonder if I'll have to break out the vendor stick today.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 10:49 am

Just tell 'em: free stuff or get out!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 3:43 pm

kerrick wrote:
Just tell 'em: free stuff or get out!

Oh, we do more than that  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 3:47 pm

Man if I could get back all the time I've spent listening to vendor presentations...  Eh, at least I got paid for it haha.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 7:59 pm

kerrick wrote:
Man if I could get back all the time I've spent listening to vendor presentations...  Eh, at least I got paid for it haha.

We don't let vendors into our business unless they are actually bringing a product or software we can use....and lunch.  Very Happy

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 9:17 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:

We don't let vendors into our business unless they are actually bringing a product or software we can use....and lunch.  Very Happy

My brother gets to do a lot of lunch 'n' learns because they get a lot of that on the mechanical side. Civil, not so much, apparently.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 5:24 am

I got home from work yesterday and something looked different.... Could it be? What? Is this actually happening? There were bundles of shingles on my roof! Yay! They started!

But it isn't all good news... They removed some of the tarps. They have started but haven't done much so I suspect it was late in the afternoon.... And we got rain last night and took in some water in the kitchen, dining room and laundry room. So I was up at 3AM this morning repositioning tarps on my roof. 60% chance of thundershowers today and that isn't good at ALL. I sure hope they come back this morning and do some work. I am leaving work around noon today to go home and check things out and "bird dog" them. I really hope the rain hold off and that they show up today. I've always had a bad experience with roofers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 26 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next