Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
crucifyd
Samson
kerrick
Hardkore
Jen5
Oldiesmann
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Random Ramblings - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 10:01 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 4:20 am

Good news.

The assessor came as planned (thanks for the prayers in that vein guys cause we really didn't think he'd manage it with all the other homes needing damage assessments). Today the builder came to quote the repairs for ripping out the floors, putting in new ones, new carpet, fixing the warped cupboards in the kitchen, and replacing the wallboard. It's all happening blessedly fast. The next challenge will be booking the builder (praying for sooner than later) and digging out the garden from the rubble. The folks are holding up surprisingly well. They seem to have turned a corner emotionally and are starting to get their heads around the immensity of it all with glimpses of humour returning. Gosh they're strong.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 4:48 pm

That is good news Jen, praying it will all go well (and quickly).

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 4:20 pm

Jen =  Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 8:17 am

My week long exile from working ends tomorrow.  With temps in the 50s yesterday and at 60 today, there will be no more snow or ice anywhere.  Netflix, I will miss you.  Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 10:07 am

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew, I feel better now.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 3:52 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew, I feel better now.

Did you fart in here?  No

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 5:39 pm

messiaen77 wrote:

Whew, I feel better now.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 6:04 pm

Also, I've started applying to summer internships with different civil engineering firms. Hopefully I can get something good sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 7:46 pm

Driven wrote:
Also, I've started applying to summer internships with different civil engineering firms. Hopefully I can get something good sometime soon.

I applied for half-a-dozen summer internships when I was in college and didn't get a single one.  Still got me a job as an engineer.  So don't worry if you don't land one...take that job at Tim Hortons instead.

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 8:13 pm

The good thing is that usually they announce internships ahead of year's end so, if you don't end up getting one, you have plenty of time to find something else like Staybrite suggests. I hope you get one though. I did a few. They were awesome. Weirdly, they told me more what I didn't want to do than what I did, but still, the experience was great and, ultimately, led me to my niche in research which was nowhere near where I planned to go in my career, but ended up being the perfect fit for me...until music that is.   Wink

Luck to ya
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 8:26 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Driven wrote:

I applied for half-a-dozen summer internships when I was in college and didn't get a single one.  Still got me a job as an engineer.  So don't worry if you don't land one...take that job at Tim Hortons instead.

I'm part of a co-op program at school, and placement is 98% guaranteed. The program is excellent for that. I'm taking personal steps right now to different places I want to apply to, but a lot of employers go through the University to find their students. So I'm basically guaranteed a position, I just want something that'll suit me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 9:03 pm

That's the sort of system I went through. It was great. Some students chose to go back to the same organisation each time. I declined those offers. My approach was to try something new each time. I tried a small business, a government job, and a not-for-profit organisation...all similar work, but different in some way. Plus, some had steady work flow and others had intense deadlines to meet. I got to know what suited me very quickly so once I graduated, I knew exactly where I wanted to be and where I'd best fit. Co-op is awesome.

Luck to ya  : )
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 11:19 am

I did a temporary job as a Geotechnical Engineer right after I got out of school.  I spent the first 6 months working for two different Geotech companies.  After about 3 months I was very happy it was only temporary, because it turned out to be something I really didn't want to do.  I got a job at a Structural Engineering firm right after that and have been doing that for the last 18 years.
You never know where your education will take you.

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 11:20 am

I can't stand this indecision married with a lack of vision...
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 11:25 am

"You have the opportunity to lock your interest rates at 0% for all your credit cards.  Press 1 to take advantage of this offer.  This is a one-time offer, so lock in your rate now."

Oh really...one-time offer, huh.  Then why have you called me at least four times a week for the past three months to make this "one-time offer"? 

I hate telephones.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 12:14 pm

Halfway there Smile
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 3:30 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
...I hate telephones.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 3:31 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Halfway there Smile

cheers Amen
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 11:16 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
I can't stand this indecision married with a lack of vision...

Was never quite sure what those lyrics were. Thanks for clearing that up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 3:41 pm

Driven wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Whew, I feel better now.

I finally clicked on that.  Wow.....just wow.  I wonder how many copies of that cd he made....and still has?

Hardcore Christian

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2018-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 7:24 pm

BUT HAVE YOU HEARD THE WHOLE SONG!????

ROTFL

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 8:42 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
BUT HAVE YOU HEARD THE WHOLE SONG!????

ROTFL

Well I have to say that as an entire song, it isn't quite as horrible as the previous snippet would suggest.  Its almost like Enya's younger (much less talented) cousin wanted to make a Euro-dance influenced song about cowboys.  Looks like somebody spent quite a bit of money on that.
I think the video makes it bit more cringe-worthy though.

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 9:01 pm

Random Ramblings - Page 11 12958804?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 9:10 pm

Where's Vladimir?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next