Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's talk hair!

Go down 
+8
Redeemed Fool
Driven
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
kerrick
rockerVu2
Mac
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 4:36 pm

Yes some girl talk here on CHM!

How long do you spend on your hair in the morning? And how often do you go to the salon? It sometimes takes me an hour to get it looking nice! I usually go to my hair stylist every 6 weeks but I don't spend a ton of money. I've got naturally blonde curly hair. I don't use a whole lot of chemicals in it and no dyes or bleaches. I usually wash my hair every other day cuz otherwise it gets real frizzy.  Any treatments i do at home I use all natural ingredients. There's nothing better than when I do my spa day. It's soon therapeutic. I give my hair a wonderful deep conditioning treatment. I try to do that once a week but lately been lucky if I do it once a month. I don't understand why some women with beautiful curly hair would straighten it. I think it looks fake but that's just me. 

Anyway ladies and gents, I would love to hear your hair stories and maybe some tips and tricks you do!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 5:04 pm

My hair.
I don't spend more than 5 minutes every morning to my hair.
To the salon I go once in the 6-7 weeks.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 5:11 pm

Well, I spend on average probably ~5 seconds on my hair in the mornings.  I keep it short enough so that when I get out of the shower in the morning, I don't usually have to touch (or look at) it.  But it's naturally very curly so as the time draws nearer to my haircut (usually every ~5 weeks) and it gets longer, I'll have to sometimes pat id down some while it's wet from the shower.  And... that's about it!

On a related note, when I was younger, I could always tell when it was time to get a haircut because people would be like, "you look like Corey from Boy Meets World."  Now I usually just get, "dude, you should grow a fro!"  That's when I know it's time to go on down to the haircut place!

afro
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 5:26 pm

I have long hair (down past my shoulders).  I usually shampoo and condition my hair every day and then blow dry my hair.  I go see my stylist about every 6-8 weeks, depending on how things look and if I need to look good for some event.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 6:59 pm

I attack my hair with the clippers about once every 4 to 5 weeks (well what hair I have anyway).

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 7:53 pm

Hair gets washed in the shower.  Toweled and then air dried.  Brushed, and off I go!  The last haircut I got I shaved my head so I used to just run a razor over it every morning.  I've been growing it from scratch for a little over 2 years now.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 9:35 pm

I spend maybe two minutes a week on my hair!  Like Gary, I don't have a lot of it and keep it buzzed very short.  I dry it with a towel when getting out of the shower and then brush what I want down and what I want up.  Done. 

I get a haircut about every 4 to 5 weeks.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 7:37 am

I keep it medium long. It invites comparison to Justin Bieber's original haircut, without looking bad. Whenever I shower, I use whatever shampoo and (separate) conditioner my mom gets for me, over the span of about 3-5 minutes. Currently, I'm using a bottle of conditioner that I'm guessing is 10 years old Shocked

I never go to any sort of salon. My mom cuts it once every few months, amid much protest on my behalf. Only 2 or 3 times has she not ruined it, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 9:04 am

Gary, I thought you always went to the salon for washing and water waves.  geek 

Once I have had perm, but then my hair curled so much that I've never done this.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:43 am

My hair gets curly when it gets wet.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:47 am

30 seconds. I style it by putting a hat on it.

I know alldat spends time on his back hair, he has pics.  rendeer
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:50 am

I just hope Gary's talking about his facial hair  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 12:06 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
I just hope Gary's talking about his facial hair  Shocked

That too.  Twisted Evil 

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 12:16 pm

I hate dealing with hair. When I was in high school I had the long hair cuz it was the 80s and I loved metal. Then I began my career in 1989 - and the career I got stuck in doesn't take too kindly to long hair, so I've had a short-cut most of my life, not by choice.

Now, 25 years later, I've grown to like it shorter - it's easy to manage and therefore I only spend about 3 minutes on it every morning, except Saturdays when I don't want to deal with hair, I just let it do what it wants.

I make a point to compliment my wife on her hair often, and even some of the office women when they change their hairstyle or color - reason I've taken to doing this is, I see how much time and work they put into it everyday and realize they SHOULD be recognized and appreciated for that. I personally do not want to live in a world where all the women decide they're not appreciated enough for all the work they put into their hair and begin to cut it off and bring the "Butch look" into fashion.
:::Shudder:::
Back to top Go down
Mac

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:28 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Gary, I thought you always went to the salon for washing and water waves.  geek 

Once I have had perm, but then my hair curled so much that I've never done this.

i got a perm once. Total bad decision on my part cuz my hair is naturally curly
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

I make a point to compliment my wife on her hair often, and even some of the office women when they change their hairstyle or color - reason I've taken to doing this is,

I don't do this often enough. But I always remember to say something nice about my wife's hair when she gets back from the salon.

rockerVu2

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:54 pm

That's very good you say something to your wife when she's back from the salon.
My men don't see it when I went to the salon.
Sometimes some weeks later they see I've cut my hair.
And it's always to short.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:20 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:

And it's always to short.

That's what my wife says too, she thinks they always cut too much off.

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:30 pm

I never let them cut more than an inch off. I sometimes will cut off my own split ends
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:03 pm

I trim my nose hairs.
Back to top Go down

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:14 pm

The thinner it gets on top, the thicker it gets in the nose and ears.

I think hair loses its memory and forgets where it's supposed to grow.
Back to top Go down
Mac

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:29 pm

An egg and olive oil hair mask treatment strengthens hair once a week and prevents thinning. This treatment ain't just for women it's for guys too!
Back to top Go down

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 8:38 pm

I'll shave my head, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Mac

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 10:39 pm

That's a solution I guess
Back to top Go down

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:06 pm

No combover, Friar Tuck, or ring around the head for me. 

I'll go bald if/and/or/when the time comes.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Let's talk hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair!   Let's talk hair! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's talk hair!
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: